Why all the love for the Motorola RAZR?
Roland,Dec 21 2005, 07:36 PM Wrote:Wow. I had AT&T and Sprint in the past, and both used to give me these same problems (AT&T more than anyone). When I started up again, I switched my g/f from AT&T / Cingular to Verizon, and I joined on, and I've NEVER been happier with a phone service. I have signal EVERYWHERE, I never miss a call nor a message, and their customer support is top-notch compared to AT&T (which is, IMHO, the WORST service I've had, ever).

Are you sure it's not a local problem, or a phone problem? I've never really liked Motorola phones, myself. ;)
[right][snapback]97756[/snapback][/right]

My husband and I have the same phones, same service provider, and the same problem. So, we can't compare notes to help get to the bottom of it. I sent my husband a picture last week while he was inside a store and I was outside the *very same* store. When he checked, the picture was in his mailbox, but he didn't get the notification that he had received a picture until the next weekend.

I almost wonder if it's a network thing. When I was in Mexico, I didn't get any voice mail message notifications, presumably because I was in the "really-freakin-extended-network" area, and might not want to risk international charges if I connected to the wrong tower to check voice mail. At that point, it seemed like a feature, and not a bug. But, when I returned to the US, and my plane was 2 hours late, and I had to call my husband to see if he could maybe get someone to hold our connecting flight, it sure was annoying that all of the notifications were sent to my phone at that very moment in time (the first time the phone had been on in the US). Then it was a bug, and not a feature. :P Maybe Verizon also thinks Oregon is some remote location, and that I really wouldn't want to be notified about voice mail while I'm way out in the boonies over here.

It would help if the voice mail messages had a time and date stamp so at least I can tell if I'm listening to a message from five minutes ago or from last week. :angry:

My phone battery also dies within a day if I leave the phone on at work, I guess because the connection is spotty out there and it has to use more juice to stay connected.
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete
My wife's phone uses battery power like crazy when she's in low signal areas. The phone keeps looking for new towers and networks.

My Qwest service leaves a timestamp on messages but not a date stamp. It's a bit frustrating when I've been out of touch for a few days.
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
jahcs,Dec 22 2005, 11:53 AM Wrote:My wife's phone uses battery power like crazy when she's in low signal areas.  The phone keeps looking for new towers and networks.

My Qwest service leaves a timestamp on messages but not a date stamp.  It's a bit frustrating when I've been out of touch for a few days.
[right][snapback]97812[/snapback][/right]

Analog (roaming) signal, or no signal at all, chews through battery time just as fast today as it did a decade ago. Average analog battery time? A few hours. 3 on most, 4 - 5 on the really high-life batteries some phones have. Digital signals use WAY less power, hence the insanely high "standby" times quoted in the manual.

I don't know the specifics behind it all, but I do know that much for a fact. If your service is spotty, your battery will run out 10x quicker.
Roland *The Gunslinger*