AVevents
Can anyone tell me what the deal is with AVevents right now? The schedule is full of events for what appear to be total strangers, including a Secret Santa get together. I never see any of these people in the AVevents channel either.

Do we need to make a few changes? New name? Different password?
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
Sabra,Dec 20 2005, 06:09 AM Wrote:Can anyone tell me what the deal is with AVevents right now? The schedule is full of events for what appear to be total strangers, including a Secret Santa get together. I never see any of these people in the AVevents channel either.

[right][snapback]97580[/snapback][/right]

That happens when someone doesn't have GEM configured on a new character and then configures it. They end up broadcasting the events from the default channel to AVEvents. :/
Sabra,Dec 20 2005, 04:09 AM Wrote:Can anyone tell me what the deal is with AVevents right now? The schedule is full of events for what appear to be total strangers, including a Secret Santa get together. I never see any of these people in the AVevents channel either.

[right][snapback]97580[/snapback][/right]

I'm still not running GEM, but the Secret Snata event might have been Martini/Rhyssa from the Basin. The others? Can't say.
emaq123,Dec 20 2005, 10:55 AM Wrote:I'm still not running GEM, but the Secret Snata event might have been Martini/Rhyssa from the Basin.  The others?  Can't say.
[right][snapback]97598[/snapback][/right]
Wasn't me, I don't have GEM installed because I still hear reports of problems with it. Tal's probably on the right track. :)
Tal,Dec 20 2005, 08:43 AM Wrote:That happens when someone doesn't have GEM configured on a new character and then configures it. They end up broadcasting the events from the default channel to AVEvents. :/
[right][snapback]97589[/snapback][/right]

Not exactly true.

If people have the latest released version of GEM, this won't happen. Anytime people switch channel, it will not broadcast an old channel's events. Thus, we need to harp on people to be upgraded. When GEM goes to 1.0, there's supposed to be a control that disallows people with older versions to mess with things.

Also, it was somebody from Prodigy's channel that copied all the events. At least most of them.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Just incase you didn't know as of 2.01 you can ignore events. So those whacky events from the default channel can be ingored now.
[Image: 35758wvIYP.png]