A fuzzy situation...
I realize that this may be old to some of you, but to those that haven't seen a dedicated fuzzy tank, this is definately a great video,

Enjoy!

~Frag & Torenia :D
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
I liked the "Why he's MT2." as the Warrior plopped into the lava :P
"Just as individuals are born, mature, breed and die, so do societies, civilizations and governments."
Muad'Dib - Children of Dune
ima_nerd,Dec 16 2005, 12:59 PM Wrote:I liked the "Why he's MT2." as the Warrior plopped into the lava  :P
[right][snapback]97300[/snapback][/right]

Feral Charge is awesome against bosses with knockback :)
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Frag,Dec 14 2005, 06:30 PM Wrote:I realize that this may be old to some of you, but to those that haven't seen a dedicated fuzzy tank, this is definately a great video...[right][snapback]97106[/snapback][/right]
In all seriousness, I would love to see a Druid in Avarice be a tank in one of our runs. Let them start off in a “farm” run, like MC1, as an experiment.

1) It would spice things up, especially for the healers, because we’d have someone new to take care of that is “one of our own.” (Don’t discount this; healing can sometimes be pretty dull, and throwing something new into the mix can help.)
2) It would thrill our Druid players who often feel too pigeonholed into healer roles. They may take more interest into finding feral gear if they know they have a shot at being a tank from time to time. I have heard grumblings of Druids thinking of chucking their feral gear because they so rarely get a chance to use it.

Just...something for the raid council to consider batting around. MC1 farming runs seem to be the best bet for “spicing up” if they seem dull.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Bolty,Dec 16 2005, 03:01 PM Wrote:In all seriousness, I would love to see a Druid in Avarice be a tank in one of our runs.  Let them start off in a “farm” run, like MC1, as an experiment.

1) It would spice things up, especially for the healers, because we’d have someone new to take care of that is “one of our own.”  (Don’t discount this; healing can sometimes be pretty dull, and throwing something new into the mix can help.)
2) It would thrill our Druid players who often feel too pigeonholed into healer roles.  They may take more interest into finding feral gear if they know they have a shot at being a tank from time to time.  I have heard grumblings of Druids thinking of chucking their feral gear because they so rarely get a chance to use it.

Just...something for the raid council to consider batting around.  MC1 farming runs seem to be the best bet for “spicing up” if they seem dull.

-Bolty
[right][snapback]97307[/snapback][/right]

Or a paladin tank. :whistling:
Arshes and Cirya are full feral spec... Scorpi is restoration but can get 12k armor.

Me, I've tanked Molten Giants, Core Hounds within packs, and Garr adds. My armor in bear form/gear is 8.3k, and I have about 5k health in bear, unbuffed. Also have the +threat talent, but not the tough hide talent. I can beef the armor up to 10k if useful, but trade off some dodge and strength in doing so.
Tal,Dec 16 2005, 01:08 PM Wrote:Or a paladin tank.  :whistling:
[right][snapback]97310[/snapback][/right]
Ok, now, that's just crazy talk.

Go take your plate armor and shield and heal, now, ya hear? :P
We've had Starkos and Adairan and Sharanna tank before, and there was one warrior-light run where I had Cirya as my backup tank on giant pulls, so it's not completely unheard of for us. ;)
Darian Redwin - just some dude now
Darian,Dec 16 2005, 03:34 PM Wrote:We've had Starkos and Adairan and Sharanna tank before, and there was one warrior-light run where I had Cirya as my backup tank on giant pulls, so it's not completely unheard of for us.  ;)
[right][snapback]97314[/snapback][/right]

Actually Sharanna has never tanked in any of the high level raids another paladin has been chosen. She has, however, tanked UBRS for the Alliance.
Darian,Dec 16 2005, 03:34 PM Wrote:We've had Starkos and Adairan and Sharanna tank before, and there was one warrior-light run where I had Cirya as my backup tank on giant pulls, so it's not completely unheard of for us.  ;)
[right][snapback]97314[/snapback][/right]
Taranna also tanked for corehound packs, or whatever they're called, the ones that have to all die within a short amount of time of each other. We've had them go cat form for fights, we've stuck them healing. I'm very proud that in a lot of cases, we don't pigeonhole our classes too strongly and try to work with the different specs. *nods*
Intolerant monkey.