The Solo Rogue at 60
I'd like suggestions for which bosses and/or mobs, inside or outside instances, I can kill without dying that drop loot which is either useful to me or will sell well. I have read The basin guide to soloing instances, and would like fresh suggestions.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
This brings me to a related question: Is a Rogue able to smelt Dark Iron bars at the special forges in the instances, or is it impossible to reach these without being detected by the mobs?
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
My 60 rogue on Durotan is focused on a dodge talent build. She has Setup 3/3, which gives her a 45% chance to get a combo point when she dodges. I have intended her as a soloing focused character from the beginning, and have made myself an equipment roadmap focused on agility and dodge % equipment. If I hadn't made myself a list of equipment that I thought I could get solo or with the occasional casual instance run, I'm not sure I would have had a plan of what to do at 60. But since I have the list, I know what PUG instance runs being called in Orgrimmar are worth responding to, and I know what I want to spend my time on when I just want to solo.

I am soloing in Silithus for glowing scorpid blood (Darkmoon epic neck item) and Essence of Air (for a Shifting Cloak). I am soloing in Winterspring for Timbermaw faction so I can learn the Agility weapon enchant. I am soloing for a couple recipes in Western Plaguelands.

I would recommend not to try to find a generally good place for drops and just solo grind there; that leads to boredom. Instead, use thottbot to figure out what equip and/or faction rewards you can get solo that would best improve your character, and then move between those often enough to avoid boredom.
nobbie,Dec 13 2005, 09:42 AM Wrote:This brings me to a related question: Is a Rogue able to smelt Dark Iron bars at the special forges in the instances, or is it impossible to reach these without being detected by the mobs?
[right][snapback]96903[/snapback][/right]
To craft at the anvil, you only have to kill two mobs (three if you want to be safe) - one demon dog to get onto the Dark Iron Highway safely and Incendius himself. To be safe, you can kill the elemental patrol that's wandering around just after you enter BRD go through the gate. To smelt the ore into bars, I'm pretty sure you have to kill the 7 dwarves. Or at least every smelting run I've been on we have had to.

Edit: You also have to kill the elemental that's standing in the forge as well. :)

Edit2: You also don't have to kill the demon dog to get onto the DI Highway, but it helps if you want to come back out to have him killed. You can sneak by on the right hand side if you really hug the wall, but then coming out it can be tricky getting back up on the wall so if I'm planning on walking out, I pull that demon dog too.
Intolerant monkey.
There is a way around the dwarves, I know some guildies have done it. However, it involves swimming :)
I just found this guide.
Stealth and Dagger
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
oldmandennis,Dec 13 2005, 02:28 PM Wrote:There is a way around the dwarves, I know some guildies have done it.  However, it involves swimming :)
[right][snapback]96927[/snapback][/right]

Generally though if everyone it is so fast to just pull the first 5 dwarves sneak by everything else but the last 2 elementals, kill them then kill incendenious that I don't bother trying to do anything esle. We did runs in 15 minutes (in and back out) with a 57 priest, 60 warrior and a 60 rogue who is sill in the gearing up from scholo/strat/DM stages of gear. We actually pulled 2 of the 5 pulls the 3 dogs and since the 57 couldn't sneak by the 2nd set of fireguards 4 of them. If 3 people can do that in that amount of time with pretty much no danger of wiping (the priest MC's a medic in the 5 pulls and heals with that) I don't see a lot of point in speeding it up much more since you can only do 5 instances per hour per account. So 12 minutes is your instance time limit anyway.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Alram,Dec 13 2005, 03:09 PM Wrote:I just found this guide.
Stealth and Dagger
[right][snapback]96937[/snapback][/right]

2 rogues and a druid can do Voone in LBRS though it's a tough fight. 2 druids and a rogue would be better for a better tank. Not sure how valuable Keris of Zul'Serak is to most rogues since that proc breaks gouge and blind and there is nothing a druid would want.
---
GG, I was referring to getting to the Dark Forge without doing the 7 dwarves event. If you bring enough fire protection pots it is possible to swim around.
oldmandennis,Dec 13 2005, 03:39 PM Wrote:GG, I was referring to getting to the Dark Forge without doing the 7 dwarves event.  If you bring enough fire protection pots it is possible to swim around.
[right][snapback]96942[/snapback][/right]

*slaps forhead* So you were.

*innocent whistle as I back out of the room*

:D
---
Alram,Dec 14 2005, 07:09 AM Wrote:I just found this guide.
Stealth and Dagger
[right][snapback]96937[/snapback][/right]

It's worth noting that you can still solo Hearthsinger, it's just a real pain in the bum. You have to reset the instance until you get the right mob placement at the service gate. If you have all the zombies away from the gate you can stealth in just like you used to. Unfortunately, with reset limits, it's really, really not worth soloing anymore. :( Kind of funny, but it's now quicker to get a group together for living strat than it is to reset and solo him. :)
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink