Bolty Is Trying to Kill Me
What is the deal with this Dwarven Priest Wand Efffect??? Last night in MC, before the two back-to-back wipes, during the two giant pull before Gehennes, I was actually temporarily half-assed blinded by it.

The bullet:

1. Gigantic white burst of light in the middle of the target's chest.
2. Vision in my left eye blanked out, then slowly came back
3. Wipe 1
4. Wipe 2
5. Sudden intense onset of an occular migraine.
6. Died during Gehennes because there was a big "hole" in my vision in my left eye and I couldn't see my health or mana bars. I was decursing based on the sounds I heard.
7. Immediate bye bye to raid group
8. Advil x 4

All of this by way of saying sorry for the abrupt departure. So unlike me.

Yes, we had several Dwarf Priests there, but it's more fun to blame Bolty!
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
No one complained about dwarven wand shots when there was only one dwarven priest around. Now that there were three last night, oh the agony! I blame Bolty for starting it and Genkar for continuing it. Aleri is, of course, completely innocent of all blame. ;) :D
Intolerant monkey.
Time for a CAT-scan!! :P :blink: :ph34r:

Hope you feel better, Sab.

~Frag
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
I have never liked dwarves. Dwarves are alcoholics. Their racial trait revolves around greed. They are cruel--they enslave other dwarves. Their women are ugly. Now we can add to to the list that their priests blind fellow party members!
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
Alram,Dec 9 2005, 10:53 AM Wrote:Their women are ugly. Now we can add to to the list that their priests blind fellow party members!
[right][snapback]96591[/snapback][/right]

Are you calling our beloved Aleri (Treesh) and Cleoboltra (Bolty) ugly?

If so sir I will have to challenge you to a duel!
Tal,Dec 9 2005, 11:05 AM Wrote:Are you calling our beloved Aleri (Treesh) and Cleoboltra (Bolty) ugly?

[right][snapback]96594[/snapback][/right]
He's even said it to my face! Comments about underarm hair and all! :o

:wub: Alram anyway. :D
Intolerant monkey.
Treesh,Dec 9 2005, 11:23 AM Wrote:He's even said it to my face!  Comments about underarm hair and all!  :o

:wub: Alram anyway. :D
[right][snapback]96598[/snapback][/right]

Despicable. I must defend my priestess' honor!
Tal,Dec 9 2005, 09:35 AM Wrote:Despicable. I must defend my priestess' honor!
[right][snapback]96601[/snapback][/right]
Word of warning (though late) to Alram. NEVER mess with a tank's healer! Aleri isn't my healer, but my hand is on my hilt. Choose your words carefully when speaking of Mogo...
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight
bonemage,Dec 9 2005, 11:45 AM Wrote:Word of warning (though late) to Alram.  NEVER mess with a tank's healer!  Aleri isn't my healer, but my hand is on my hilt.  Choose your words carefully when speaking of Mogo...
[right][snapback]96603[/snapback][/right]
Alram loves Mogo and her fashion shows though. :) She only needs defending against all the alliance folk who can't wait to see her in her mourning outfit. Darned focus firing bastards! ;)

I've got new pretties lined up for the next fashion show. Cost me 40 gold to do it, but I've got 'em. :w00t:
Intolerant monkey.
Not to downplay the severity of the sudden onset of blindness, but how about some compensation for the side-ache from copious amounts of laughter as a result of reading the inter-play between Alram and Treesh? :w00t:
VoiceMan

Terenas:
Bloodmourne - 85 Blood Elf Death Knight <Lurkers>
Vreeslik - 85 Undead Warlock <Lurkers>
Fazuul - 70 Tauren Druid <Lurkers>
Ooh - 70 Troll Rogue <Lurkers>
Gorkuk- 63 Orc Hunter <Lurkers>
Rojaal - 70 Blood Elf Paladin <Lurkers>
Alram,Dec 9 2005, 03:53 PM Wrote:I have never liked dwarves. Dwarves are alcoholics. Their racial trait revolves around greed. They are cruel--they enslave other dwarves. Their women are ugly. Now we can add to to the list that their priests blind fellow party members!
[right][snapback]96591[/snapback][/right]
The problem with male dwarves is not alcholism, greed or cruelty-it is that they run as if they have a corn cob inserted where the sun don't shine. I abstain from any comment about the appearance of the distaff side.
Man! You Hordies sure do stick together!

Even if you cut off her braid & muzzled her so she couldn't produce that husky laugh, Aleri would still be a goddess! However, put a wand in her hand, multiply her by three, and things can go downhill pretty fast ...

Yes, everyone, I'm mainly better, but I still have a slight pain at the outside edge of my left eye and I've taken a ton of Advil today fighting off a headache.

But when you love a Dwarf, it goes with the territory.

As they say in Stormwind City "For the Alliance."

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
Quote:Aleri is, of course, completely innocent of all blame.

That goes without saying.

It was Bolty. I just know it! :shuriken:

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
Never blame on anyone else that which you can blame on Genkar. Trust me.
Darian Redwin - just some dude now
Tal,Dec 9 2005, 11:05 AM Wrote:Are you calling our beloved Aleri (Treesh) and Cleoboltra (Bolty) ugly?

[right][snapback]96594[/snapback][/right]
Sir, everything I have said about dwarves is true. I accept your challenge. I shall meet you on Terenas.
And for the record, Mogoraindyn (Treesh) is lovely. And the Tauren have never enslaved anyone nor do they abuse the earth as do the dwarves.
Alram,Dec 9 2005, 10:53 AM Wrote:I have never liked dwarves. ... Their women are ugly.[right][snapback]96591[/snapback][/right]

Are you calling THIS ugly? This is the DEFINITION of beauty!

[Image: wow92.jpg]

On a more serious note, after playing Boltress to level 60 and re-rolling as a dwarf with Cleoboltra, I noticed the "stuck wand" effect when I got her the first wand. I had always figured that it was a client-side bug just for me, because nobody else ever seemed to say anything about it.

The larger the monster is, the bigger the effect of the "stuck wand" shot. It seems that it's using the code Blizzard has for arrow shots when they stick to the target, and when applied to magic, wand damage, it goes berserk. So imagine my surprise when, on one of the first raids I went to, I had a fire wand and shot it at a giant to hear a whole bunch of "what the hell is that!" A giant firey spike was projecting from the giant's chest, which I'm used to - but apparently nobody else was. I had no idea OTHER clients saw that and figured it was local to my machine only.

Now I have a Stormrager, so such shots cause massive electrical storms all over the giants' bodies when I hit them with it. This bug has been around for, well, ages now and Blizzard doesn't seem to care. Why it only affects dwarves, I don't know - specifically dwarf priests, since no other dwarf class can use wands. As if we dwarf priests needed another reason to be the best priest race in the game!

If this seriously bothers other players and messes with their eyes or framerate, I will avoid doing so in the future.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
I recently learned that dwarves are so unhappy about their height that they won't go into MC without a way to make themselves taller. Apparently they are ashamed of their stature but try to hide it by claiming line of sight issues.
Hehehe....yes, we hordies do stick together....but seeing as we're outnumbered by something around 3 to 1 on nearly every server, we need to band together. :D
VoiceMan

Terenas:
Bloodmourne - 85 Blood Elf Death Knight <Lurkers>
Vreeslik - 85 Undead Warlock <Lurkers>
Fazuul - 70 Tauren Druid <Lurkers>
Ooh - 70 Troll Rogue <Lurkers>
Gorkuk- 63 Orc Hunter <Lurkers>
Rojaal - 70 Blood Elf Paladin <Lurkers>
Darian,Dec 9 2005, 08:51 PM Wrote:Never blame on anyone else that which you can blame on Genkar.&nbsp; Trust me.
[right][snapback]96645[/snapback][/right]

Really????

That's good to know.

::makes a note::

D. Don't be bullheaded. Get some Zicam. Try the nasal gel. Trust me.

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!