Need some advice
I recently rerolled from Terenas to Stormscale, and have just capped my druid. I was in a 10 man dead strat run and got accused of "roll hacking". (Incase you're wondering, I was pretty lucky: got one corruptor's stone and three BoEs.) The final straw was when I rolled need on Skull of Burning Shadows. (Pretty crappy, I know, but FR is hard to come by for a druid outside of MC.) Also note that I asked if it was ok before I rolled, and no one objected.

This has left me in a difficult situation. I'm a total unknown on Stormscale, un-guilded so far and have met very few people. (I pretty much powerleveled to 60, with almost no instance runs.) Now two people in one of the server's larger guilds think I hack, and I find myself in the unenviable possition of trying to prove that I don't. (I mean, how can you prove that you don't use a roll hack? Not win rolls?)

While I hope that nothing comes of it, I have a bad feeling that my reputation is going to be ruined one day after capping because of a run of good luck! :wacko: I was wondering if anyone had any advice for me. Should I try contacting the guild officers? Maybe post about it on the realm forums? I tried talking to the two accusers about it, but they were largely unreceptive. I'm pretty worked up about this, and would appreciate anything.

Man, this sucks. :(
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink
Watto44,Dec 6 2005, 11:43 PM Wrote:I tried talking to the two accusers about it, but they were largely unreceptive.
[right][snapback]96413[/snapback][/right]

I think its just a few bad eggs stewing at the prng. Don't bother with the hothead accusers. All you can really do is have a good laugh about it. If you're really worried, chat with the guild officers, if they're worth their salt, they'll laugh at the accusers. Public runs also have a bit of caveat emptor, rules really only set and (mostly) enforceable by the Public Raid leader. Level headed Guild people know that, and honestly your rep's nowhere near tarnished. If it is a guild of hotheads-- you definitely want to avoid them anyways.

Have a laugh, and waggle that giant bear ass at them.

I rather like the skull of burning shadows. Good shadow resist, good fire resist, awesome looks. Then again, it just looks right on an orc warlock.
I say #$%& 'em.

You win some, you lose some. A corruptor's and a few greens shouldn't lead to accusations of hacking. So what if they're from a "larger" guild? Would you want a couple of prancing putzi like that for guildies?

Sore losers, and their own fault for not MLing and splitting at the end.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Thanks guys, that's made me feel quite a bit better. :blush: It probably didn't help that wildheart dropped off the baron and I was the only druid in the group. :) (Seriously, I have been ridiculously lucky with drops since rerolling, but that's karma for my hideous bad luck on Terenas.)

On a slight tangent...It's kind of annoying how infrequently people seem to ML on stormscale. I'm kind of desperate for enchanting mats at the moment, and winning a BoP blue that I can't use doesn't do me any good at all. I really don't like the (not-so-) new rolling UI that bliz implemented: too much room for abuse, sloppy loot management or misunderstandings. But maybe that's just me. :D
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink
Watto44,Dec 7 2005, 03:28 AM Wrote:Thanks guys, that's made me feel quite a bit better.  :blush:  It probably didn't help that wildheart dropped off the baron and I was the only druid in the group. :) (Seriously, I have been ridiculously lucky with drops since rerolling, but that's karma for my hideous bad luck on Terenas.)

On a slight tangent...It's kind of annoying how infrequently people seem to ML on stormscale. I'm kind of desperate for enchanting mats at the moment, and winning a BoP blue that I can't use doesn't do me any good at all. I really don't like the (not-so-) new rolling UI that bliz implemented: too much room for abuse, sloppy loot management or misunderstandings. But maybe that's just me. :D
[right][snapback]96427[/snapback][/right]

They also have an obvious misunderstanding as to how the Roll system works if they believe you were in some way hacking it. All the numbers are generated and controlled server side. the only thing you as the user could possibly hack would be the display. You could change what the numbers showed to yourself and possibly other players, but you couldn't change what the numbers actually were.

As for the new loot UI, I agree. I haven't been in a single raid where people weren't sure how to go about rolling. and it usually isn't dictated until a situation comes up that is problematic. The most common loot rule i've seen is to just pass on anything above green and /roll on it. which is ironic because it completely circumvents the use of the UI features anyway.

Sorry you left us on Terenas. Normal PUG rules are decided while everyone waits for people to show to the instance. On Terenas the rules have been, all greens are greed (even if you need them, then you need to talk to the person who won and talk about payment), and all boss fights are master looter. People will spam the raid channel if its not up early before the boss fight. Only one need call for any of the bosses. The rest is sharded or item if not BoP and a rand roll. Win as much as you like.

I personally have passed everything after winning the first two shards and a need call on a boss item, just to be fair about things. Karma will hopefully be kind to me in the long run. I even passed on the key to the city (strat dead) that I needed and I knew the Lurkers wanted. Two days later, the group leader remembered me and gave me the key on their next guild run were I filled an open slot.

People who are hot heads have far to many people on their hate list so I won't worry about it. They won't remeber you past day one. They usually complain so much that people have added the mental filter to anything that they say. Don't worry about it, really. But myself and others take special note of kindness in the game and will go out of our way to play with these people. Sometimes you need to give a little to win in the end, even if you have the hot dice (karma).

Terenas
Yuri - Mage/Arcane 85 Undead
Thirdrail - Shaman/Resto 85 Tauren
Vicstull - Rogue/Subtlety 85 Troll
Penten - Priest/Discipline 85 Blood Elf
Storage guild Bassomatic