Stromrage queue
I am supposed to be in RFK group about now but instead am in a queue. Do you all put up with these queues often? I am not knowledgeable about such things but Blizzard's attempt to relieve server pressures by adding new servers (where you have to start new characters) seems a bit absurd.
It's happening more and more frequently since the holiday season has hit. More time off = more people getting in my way to play! ;)
Intolerant monkey.
Treesh,Dec 4 2005, 08:16 PM Wrote:It's happening more and more frequently since the holiday season has hit.  More time off = more people getting in my way to play!  ;)
[right][snapback]96259[/snapback][/right]

Thats why you should just always play on Terenas. No queues there. : )
There's typically a queue every Sunday night. All the other nights, there may or may not be a queue, but I'm on earlier than they'd start.

Tonight's was the worst I'd seen in a very long time.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
swirly,Dec 4 2005, 10:56 PM Wrote:Thats why you should just always play on Terenas. No queues there. : )
[right][snapback]96263[/snapback][/right]
Well, not often anyway. I've run into a queue or two on Terenas, but it's very, very rare. :)
Intolerant monkey.
As Quark said, Sunday night on Stormrage = queue. You can expect it. I know that if I want to get on Stormrage on Sunday night, I either get on Sunday afternoon and make sure I don't get logged out, or I go to log in 15-20 minutes before I plan on being on. Hopefully you have that luxury. :(

The queues are likely to get worse during the holiday season. Don't forget that Christmas usually pulls in a rush of new players, too, so the queues may continue into January.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
It's too bad that the queues are back, it was nice when they were a thing of the past.

SR doesn't have it too bad, though... when we have a queue, I often will check Tich to see if they do, and they always have, so far. Last night, my queue on SR was 20 mins, and the Tich queue was projected at 45. :P
Honestly I welcome a queue. A queue means that AV is up along with at least a few of the other two battle grounds :P. I can see how nonpvpers wouldn't be too fond of them though.
MaxPower#1485 60 SC Barb/32 HC Witch Doctor/22 HC Wizard/17 HC Demon Hunter
swirly,Dec 4 2005, 07:56 PM Wrote:Thats why you should just always play on Terenas. No queues there. : )
[right][snapback]96263[/snapback][/right]

For now.

I'm concerned that Blizzard really has no solution for these cases, so queues on the 'old' servers is likely only a matter of time.

Terenas was somehow there on launch day, but ignored relative to some of the other servers (I was initially playing on Lightbringer, and that was no better than Stormrage, maybe even worse). For now we are lucky on Terenas, but like I said, I figure it's only a matter of time.

Looking at warcraftrealms.com, peak concurrency is inching up towards the level of Stormrage concurrency. It's not to the same level yet, but it's getting there.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Thenryb,Dec 4 2005, 06:57 PM Wrote:I am supposed to be in RFK group about now but instead am in a queue. Do you all put up with these queues often? I am not knowledgeable about such things but Blizzard's attempt to relieve server pressures by adding new servers (where you have to start new characters) seems a bit absurd.
[right][snapback]96257[/snapback][/right]

My understanding is that the reason we're getting queues is because SW:G just released a patch not too long ago that totally changed the game around and royally pissed off most of their player base. As such, those players have decided to take their business away from Sony and bring it to Blizzard.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
The queue is pretty annoying and I've gotten it pretty much every night for the past week if I try to log on after, say, 8:30pm EST. It's REALLY annoying when you finally get in only to have your mouse freeze so you need to reboot, then wait in the queue all over again.

So I've been playing on Terenas a bit. So far so good- the chaps over there seem to be a friendly bunch. :)
RTM,Dec 7 2005, 12:12 PM Wrote:The queue is pretty annoying and I've gotten it pretty much every night for the past week if I try to log on after, say, 8:30pm EST. It's REALLY annoying when you finally get in only to have your mouse freeze so you need to reboot, then wait in the queue all over again.

Quote:So I've been playing on Terenas a bit. So far so good- the chaps over there seem to be a friendly bunch. :)
[right][snapback]96430[/snapback][/right]
I agree that the Terenas group is wonderful. Unfortunately, I just seem to have limited tolerance for playing Horde characters.
Thenryb,Dec 7 2005, 11:06 AM Wrote:I agree that the Terenas group is wonderful. Unfortunately, I just seem to have limited tolerance for playing Horde characters.
[right][snapback]96438[/snapback][/right]

Me too unfortunately. I think the lack of posture bothers me. :/
Hehehehe....we try to be a friendly bunch...even if we're not the biggest bunch. :)
VoiceMan

Terenas:
Bloodmourne - 85 Blood Elf Death Knight <Lurkers>
Vreeslik - 85 Undead Warlock <Lurkers>
Fazuul - 70 Tauren Druid <Lurkers>
Ooh - 70 Troll Rogue <Lurkers>
Gorkuk- 63 Orc Hunter <Lurkers>
Rojaal - 70 Blood Elf Paladin <Lurkers>