New characters
I've created a new sorceress, druid, assassin and barbarian.

The first 3 I never finished a full game with. I plan to make them from one of the many guides on the Amazon basin, and though I plan to read through most of them, is there any that I should avoid if going to hell mode that anyone knows of?

I just know a little of what I'm looking for out of the 4 classes I'm starting.

The sorceress may be one of the easier choices for me, I will probably go with 2 elementals maybe 3 to be versital.

The druid, well I really liked the wolves particular when seeing people use them. Also I dueled a friend who used Feral rage that was quite devasting against my paladin. I really enjoyed the Torando type attacks to so I may be looking for a bit of versitility here.

The Assassin, all I know of the Martial Artist using martial arts and shadow Discliplines and the Trappassin. I am so far keen to the first part, but thats all I know.

And the last, I tried an axe barb but wasn't much for me. If it comes down to swords and maces what are the best benifits of each?

thanks again :w00t:
Sorcs: Frozen Orb/Thunderstorm are very good both for PvE/PvP

Assas: Try a BF-Assa, 1 skill wonder, combine with LS/DS

Druids: Wind Druids, combined with a good Mercs are fun, Shifter-Druids are effective, but Lister &Co will slap him around.

Barbs: Who knows, who cares :P
Prophecy of Deimos
“The world doesn’t end with water, fire, or cold. I’ve divined the coming apocalypse. It ends with tentacles!”
Well you covered the most important ones thank you :)
I probably will go with a sword barb with either frenzy or ww with concentrate.

BF assa? Which guide is this? is it on the Basin?
I will try to find the guides for these :-) thanks

Where do I find a good guide now for a Frozen Orb/Thunderstorm Sorceress?

and where for Bf-Assa

A good wind druid where? I seen a Wind Druid Ranger/ranged attack at Basin but I wasn't sure if you meant that. Any guidance or link. Where do I put points at least in these classes? :P

Just need some more info because I am interested in trying these builds.
I am almost thinking of cancelling my summoner necro and trying a Poison and Bone or Curses instead.

Assur,Dec 3 2005, 04:36 AM Wrote:Sorcs: Frozen Orb/Thunderstorm are very good both for PvE/PvP

Druids: Wind Druids, combined with a good Mercs are fun, Shifter-Druids are effective, but Lister &Co will slap him around.

[right][snapback]96190[/snapback][/right]
TheKingofKewl,Dec 3 2005, 03:56 PM Wrote:BF assa? Which guide is this? is it on the Basin?

Blade Fury Assassin Guide

There are a number of nuances as to how you make one, but the general ideas and skill layouts are there.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

hmm I think I'm going to go with the claw mastery-blade fury assassin :) that sounds like fun.

Now I just need a guide for a Thunderstorm/frozen orb sorc and a good one for a Wind Druid and I guess I'm all set.

thank u! :lol: :rolleyes:

ShadowHM,Dec 4 2005, 02:23 AM Wrote:Blade Fury Assassin Guide

There are a number of nuances as to how you make one, but the general ideas and skill layouts are there.
[right][snapback]96227[/snapback][/right]
TheKingofKewl,Dec 3 2005, 10:22 PM Wrote:Now I just need a guide for a Thunderstorm/frozen orb sorc and a good one for a Wind Druid and I guess I'm all set.

[right][snapback]96229[/snapback][/right]

The Dragoon's Wind Guide
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Excellent :) just Thunderstorm/Frozen orb sorc left =) TY

Also while asking for a difficult to find Sorc package as above. What is an enjoyable Necromancer guide that is not overly slow.

I was looking at this. http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/in...30&#entry586630

but there are some other ones. What style do most Necro builders have the most fun with? Just some say Clay golem, others Skeletal Mage.

:P

ShadowHM,Dec 4 2005, 12:51 PM Wrote:The Dragoon's Wind Guide
[right][snapback]96239[/snapback][/right]
[quote=TheKingofKewl,Dec 4 2005, 08:50 PM]
but there are some other ones. What style do most Necro builders have the most fun with? Just some say Clay golem, others Skeletal Mage.

There isn't just one good build, but I have to say that Skelly Mages are very squishy :glare:

At the moment I'm building a BoneSummoner: 20 points each in SM, RS, Bone Spirit and Bonewall; Curses Amp Dam and Decrepify; if I have an point left after that I'll probably pump Boneprison.
Prophecy of Deimos
“The world doesn’t end with water, fire, or cold. I’ve divined the coming apocalypse. It ends with tentacles!”
Bone summoner eh? must prepare you against physical immunes i assume? the bone spirit?

I will check the basin for the build :) thx

Assur,Dec 5 2005, 01:39 AM Wrote:[quote=TheKingofKewl,Dec 4 2005, 08:50 PM]

There isn't just one good build, but I have to say that Skelly Mages are very squishy :glare:

At the moment I'm building a BoneSummoner: 20 points each in SM, RS, Bone Spirit and Bonewall; Curses Amp Dam and Decrepify; if I have an point left after that I'll probably pump Boneprison.
[right][snapback]96255[/snapback][/right]
is bone spirit a better investment then Teeth? beter damage?

Assur,Dec 5 2005, 01:39 AM Wrote:[quote=TheKingofKewl,Dec 4 2005, 08:50 PM]

[right][snapback]96255[/snapback][/right]
Bonespirit has the biggest killing power, especially against bosses, you can target it at one monster or just launch Bonespirit blind and it will seek a target on its own. Teeth can be fun but are useful only if fully synergised.

Your Skellies do crowd control, you curse and use bonespirit on bosses.

http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/in...=0&#entry699462
Prophecy of Deimos
How would it work if I put 20 in RS, 20 in SM, 20 GM, 20 in fire golem and 20 in bone spirit and couple points into curses?

I heard the fire golem was pretty good. And I would get the fire damage. Or is it just better to have the bone spells to keep the heat off?

As for the wind druid. I was hoping the wind attacks were 1/2 magic damage. If they are all physical what am I going to do on Countess runs on hell mode on Physical immunes and other physical immunes? Do I always need a team mate or can I not go independant.

Assur,Dec 5 2005, 08:15 PM Wrote:Bonespirit  has the biggest killing power, especially against bosses, you can target it at one monster or just launch Bonespirit blind and it will seek a target on its own. Teeth can be fun but are useful only if fully synergised.

Your Skellies do crowd control, you curse and use bonespirit on bosses.

http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/in...=0&#entry699462
[right][snapback]96300[/snapback][/right]
Fire golem doesn't do enough damage! Bone wall gives synergies to your Bone Armor and to Bone Spirit. But you can experiment around B)

Hurricane does cold damage, with all the synergies it can get pretty heavy. Keep your Fire Rogue from Act1, give her a decent bow, and you can take on all comers.
Prophecy of Deimos
You rock man :w00t: I will try your builds =) and looking forward to them!

Assur,Dec 6 2005, 01:12 AM Wrote:Fire golem doesn't do enough damage! Bone wall gives synergies to your Bone Armor and to Bone Spirit. But you can experiment around B)

Hurricane does cold damage, with all the synergies it can get pretty heavy. Keep your Fire Rogue from Act1, give her a decent bow, and you can take on all comers.
[right][snapback]96311[/snapback][/right]
I just got to level 24 and got Thunderstorm that you mentioned. It did not seem as impressive as Blizzard. The thunderstorm shot down a single bolt of lightening and I'm wondering if this is going to be effective enough when I need it against the cold immune monsters that are tough and all moving around fast. If I can kill them fast enough.

Is there another lightening attack I should try or should I just be patient and put more points in and hope it gets better?

thanks

Assur,Dec 3 2005, 04:36 AM Wrote:Sorcs: Frozen Orb/Thunderstorm are very good both for PvE/PvP

[right][snapback]96190[/snapback][/right]
Hi

TS is not as impressive as Blizzard, I'll admit and it only attacks one monster at a time. Your merc is supposed to keep the monsters occupied until they get zapped. I've heard of people who prefer Chainlightning plus Lightning mastery, but I've never tried it.

Hope that helps.
Prophecy of Deimos