The Core Downs Nefarian!
The Core on Tichondrius finally downed Nefarian, making them the first Horde guild on the server to kill Nefarian and one of the first guilds on the server at all to kill him without exploiting (I think one alliance guild also did it without exploiting, but I know four other Alliance guilds had to exploit to be able to kill him). Unfortunately, I wasn't there, because I had to work or else you can bet that I'd have tons of screenshots to post. Oh, well. Hopefully I'll be there for the next kill and give you all the details after that.

In the meantime, here's a video from the point of view of Vulcan, our main tank. The video starts at the beginning of Phase 2, the moment Nefarian lands. Phase 1 involves killing 50+ mobs in rapid succession. Phase 2 on is actually a pretty controled fight, although it takes some practice to get it to the point where it's a controled fight. Anyway, enjoy!

http://www.structtech.com/TDS/Nefarian.wmv
Exploiting eh? Would that be the reset bug? The rogues zone back in to get ported back at their call bug? Or the camp extra people out just like on any encounter "feature"?
MaxPower#1485 60 SC Barb/32 HC Witch Doctor/22 HC Wizard/17 HC Demon Hunter
Congratulations!
NotSoDarklord,Dec 1 2005, 09:09 AM Wrote:Exploiting eh?  Would that be the reset bug?  The rogues zone back in to get ported back at their call bug?  Or the camp extra people out just like on any encounter "feature"?

Mostly the reset bug. Other potential exploits may also have been used, but their lips are tightly sealed on the use of those exploits.

I can say also that we had a lot of pressure both in and outside the guild to exploit the reset bug. For those of you who don't know, if you get Nefarian to Phase 2 and wipe, you aren't supposed to be able to try again for 12 hours. However, there is a bug such that if everyone leaves the instance for 30 minutes, then the zone resets and Nefarian will appear back in his chair. Many many guild members wanted to do it and repeatedly pointed out that doing so doesn't change the fight. However, several officers held firm that we were going to have a clean kill, and I'm proud that they stuck to their convictions.
I'm just wondering what mod is being used in the movie. I'm pretty new to mods and stuff (game in general as well) and dont know where to start with them. This one looks pretty interesting.
http://ctprofiles.net/24532 <-- Bhak lvl 60 Priest
Couldn't tell from the video, obviously, the length of the fight. How long from start to finish did it take them that kill?

Congratulations.
"Just as individuals are born, mature, breed and die, so do societies, civilizations and governments."
Muad'Dib - Children of Dune
ima_nerd,Dec 3 2005, 06:26 PM Wrote:Couldn't tell from the video, obviously, the length of the fight. How long from start to finish did it take them that kill?

Congratulations.
[right][snapback]96211[/snapback][/right]
16-17 minutes are shown in that video. Factor in 3-5 for stage 1 and nef is a 20 minute fight in that instance.
MaxPower#1485 60 SC Barb/32 HC Witch Doctor/22 HC Wizard/17 HC Demon Hunter
Congrats :)
Melisandre: http://ctprofiles.net/371601

I'm not an addict ... maybe that's a lie.
Vulcan <3's his Sunders! :D

Nice work Core.

~Frag
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.