Hellfire Fixed
First, let me say that I enjoy and appreciate the work that went into Hellfire Fixed. I do have some issues though that I thought worth bringing up.

Does the removal of the Hork Demon mean that the Theodore Quest is broken or otherwise undoable? If so, could the bear not be made to drop from another "boss" instead?

Why not replace the bugged Rage skill for the Barbarian with something else that works correctly?

I love the voice overs in the game and hate that Hellfire Fixed removes Cain's speeches and Adria's greeting. I think it sad that she moos now - I think a spell sound effect would have been more appropriate. Can an alternate version be made available that leaves the voices intact for those of us who enjoy hearing them? I can understand some purely MPers finding it annoying BUT if you're a single-player up in the witching hour at night then you want that extra bit of immersiveness and charm that the game affords through the dialog voice overs.

Thanks again for the mod - I hope work continues on it. I think Diablo infintely superior to Diablo II.
Eirinjas,Oct 27 2005, 12:57 AM Wrote:I love the voice overs in the game and hate that Hellfire Fixed removes Cain's speeches and Adria's greeting. I think it sad that she moos now - I think a spell sound effect would have been more appropriate.[right][snapback]93294[/snapback][/right]
I have to disagree. I played many hours in SP with several characters before I started playing solo MP. Before I finished with my first character I was sick of her voice. It's too loud and very annoying. I dislike her voice so much I have to turn my speakers off or remove my head phones when I visit Adria. A mod for plain Diablo removes her sound entirely, which is nice too. I think the cow is very appropriate. If you read the right story (hint: it's about a hamster) and note the author of the story and the mod you till think so too.
Quote:Hellfire Fixed removes Cain's speeches and Adria's greeting. I think it sad that she moos now

What? She moos now? Hadn't noticed there was a differance.....
HFFAdria.zip (Not to be hosted long)

An archive with the multiplayer and single player versions of HFF with Adria's greeting restored. I think Cain's greetings can still be heard if you chose the "talk" option. Personally I NEVER listen to those dialogs anymore, and it is just one more thing that gets in the way of ID'in items once you hit level 15.

It would be cool if there were mod notes for HFF, since there are a couple of other things I would revert, but do not yet know how to do it.
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!
the Langolier,Oct 28 2005, 06:23 AM Wrote:HFFAdria.zip (Not to be hosted long)

An archive with the multiplayer and single player versions of HFF with Adria's greeting restored.  I think Cain's greetings can still be heard if you chose the "talk" option.  Personally I NEVER listen to those dialogs anymore, and it is just one more thing that gets in the way of ID'in items once you hit level 15.

It would be cool if there were mod notes for HFF, since there are a couple of other things I would revert, but do not yet know how to do it.
[right][snapback]93389[/snapback][/right]

Thank you VERY much!!! This is very much appreciated!!!!
the Langolier,Oct 28 2005, 02:23 AM Wrote:Personally I NEVER listen to those dialogs anymore, and it is just one more thing that gets in the way of ID'in items once you hit level 15.

That's why those were removed -- one less screen to click through.

Quote:It would be cool if there were mod notes for HFF, since there are a couple of other things I would revert, but do not yet know how to do it.

What do you want to do?

-Lemmy
Eirinjas,Oct 27 2005, 01:57 AM Wrote:Does the removal of the Hork Demon mean that the Theodore Quest is broken or otherwise undoable? If so, could the bear not be made to drop from another "boss" instead?

If you know how to do it, sure.

Quote:Why not replace the bugged Rage skill for the Barbarian with something else that works correctly?

Probably because nobody asked. Or if they did, they didn't suggest anything more fitting.

Quote:I love the voice overs in the game and hate that Hellfire Fixed removes Cain's speeches and Adria's greeting. I think it sad that she moos now - I think a spell sound effect would have been more appropriate.

Adria's moo is very appropriate, considering she's a cow.

Quote:I hope work continues on it.

The grubby hex editing was a one-man work crew (though there were plenty of intelligent consultants and contributors), and that man has been busy for the past couple of years.

-Lemmy
Quote:Probably because nobody asked. Or if they did, they didn't suggest anything more fitting.

Why not just keep it from removing hp after it wears off? Seems to me that .5x up followed by .5 down is balanced enough.

Quote:What do you want to do?

Well... (from HFF Readme)

>Sweep attack fixed

I want full sweep dmg (I'd further limit it to only monk with staff + slower swing speed)

>Disabled Griswold's "pack peeking"

Is this good or bad? Gris trying to sell you better items sound good, but making good items too easy to buy or inadvertently selling junk instead is bad

>Reduced CL gapping at high levels

How, exactly?

> let's give these rings new names: Ring, Band, and Coil. (Bands and Coils have new pictures to boot.)

I dont' like a lot of hellfire graphics now in use or different names for rings/amulets, but I know enough to change them msyelf.

EDIT: Oh yeah, some base items have been removed. What were they replaced with? How about in "peril's" case for bows?

>NEW: Hork Demon began causing crashes at some point, so he's been removed. (I have a suspicion what the problem is, but I'd rather not fix it if it means un-doing one of the above changes.)

I might be OK with undoing something. Also, what change makes seperate MP/SP versions necessary?
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!