METAL GEAR SOLID®
SHENMUE
WORLD OF WARCRAFT®
SILENT HILL®
BATTLEFIELD 1942
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG®
and THE ELDER SCROLLS III: MORROWIND

Read'em and weep.. or rejoice!

From these games come some of the finest music in videogaming *ever*, and the good people at Play! will be touring North America with concerts in 2006. I'm talking full symphony orchestras with choirs and clips from the games on the aforementioned list. Being a zealous fan of videogaming music, I shouldn't have to go through life without experiencing this!

*contemplates moving to America*

---
If some of you do decide to enjoy one of these concerts, please give some feedback here on the lounge as to the quality of your experience. :) Of course, I'll die of jealousy, but it'll be worth it!
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
[wcip]Angel,Nov 29 2005, Wrote:FINAL FANTASY®
METAL GEAR SOLID®
SHENMUE
WORLD OF WARCRAFT®
SILENT HILL®
BATTLEFIELD 1942
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG®
and THE ELDER SCROLLS III: MORROWIND

Read'em and weep.. or rejoice!

From these games come some of the finest music in videogaming *ever*, and the good people at Play! will be touring North America with concerts in 2006. I'm talking full symphony orchestras with choirs and clips from the games on the aforementioned list. Being a zealous fan of videogaming music, I shouldn't have to go through life without experiencing this!

*contemplates moving to America*
---
If some of you do decide to enjoy one of these concerts, please give some feedback here on the lounge as to the quality of your experience. :) Of course, I'll die of jealousy, but it'll be worth it!
[right][snapback]95969[/snapback][/right]

Well perhaps you shouldn't be too jealous, it does say "A video game symphony concert series launches WORLD tour, taking off in America Spring 2006"

You may need to wait a bit, but there certainly will be a number of European shows you should be able to make!

Cheers,

Munk

Wait. BF1942 only had two songs I can think of. Neither were spectacular in any sense.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
They were marches composed in 6/8. I thought they were kinda neat, but the highlight of these concerts is, without a shred of doubt, (to me at least) the Final Fantasy-section.
Umm America is kinda big. :P

Final Fantasy? They mean all of them, not just the original one right? ;p
Ah, I can hear those songs playing again from my head. I liked those battle themes so much for 6-8. I don't know of the music of the other games listed, but that's fine. Having a video game music concert would be a nice experience.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Hmm. If we can convince them to throw in the original Front Mission soundtrack I might actually consider buying a ticket.

Yoko Shimomura and Noriko Matsueda's original score is just crying out for full orchestral treatment. It'd be worth the ticket price to hear Shimomura's Destructive Logic in the flesh, so to speak.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Fellow Loungers
Awaiting news of a European tour schedule, I subscribed to the Play!-newsletter. A few days back, I received the following e-mail:

Dear subscriber of the PLAY! newsletter,

The first truly symphonic live CD of video game music ever recorded
outside of Japan will finally be arriving! Square-Enix has announced
an album release with music from the live performance of the 2005 More
Friends - music from FINAL FANTASY concert, presented by JMP
Productions, the team behind the upcoming PLAY! tour.

The soundtrack will be available on February 15, 2006 in Japan (SQEX
10065), while the North American release date has not been slated as
of yet. The concert CD features orchestral performances of songs from
various Final Fantasy games, plus live renditions of the vocal themes
from Final Fantasy IX and Final Fantasy X sung by the original
vocalists, Emiko Shiratori and RIKKI. Additionally, the album contains
the US debut of the live performance from Final Fantasy VI, Maria and
Draco. Another attraction will be the rendition of Final Fantasy VII's
final battle theme featuring the full orchestra and choir as well as
composer Nobuo Uematsu's rock band, The Black Mages.

Whilst the original tour included music from several games, it seems the CD will revolve around the various themes from the Final Fantasy-games. I'm not complaining; I think FF would be the highlight of the concert, I'm just wondering why they're not including the rest of the game-music in their CD... I do hope they include a full-orchestra version of FFIX' "Assault of the Silver Dragons". I've yet to play the game, but that song kicks mightily. Other favourites include FFVII's Cid's Theme, Aerith's theme and End Credits. Also, "Liberi Fatali", "Attack on Dollet" and "The Castle" of FFVIII would also make this a *must-buy*.

I don't understand what's so good about "Liberi Fatali" but it didn't really strike me as that intresting. Maybe it's because the associated cinematics more confused me than anything else. ok, I'll stop ranting about the plot; I did play that game a lot. :P

Quote: Did you know that the average post length on the Lurker Lounge is 100,29 words?

That frightened me until I realized that we Amercians have a diffrent way of writing numbers.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)