Diablo 3
Another bunch of Ex-Blizzard folks (Blizzard North) have founded a new studio called Hyboreal Games.

On their team page, you can find an interesting bit of information that should make every Diablo fan's heart beat faster:

Quote:Michio Okamura

A founding developer of the Diablo license, Michio has over ten years of experience at building and maintaining a multimillion dollar license. ...

On Diablo II, Michio was responsible for further development of the Diablo mythos. As the Senior Artist, he created character and monster concept designs, including the second incarnation of Diablo for this sequel. ...

After Diablo II, he worked as an Art Director establishing the pipeline and creative direction for several internal projects. Michio was the Creative Lead for Blizzard North on a yet unannounced sequel before his departure.

Anyone wants to make a guess what that "yet unannounced sequel" is? :)

PS:

I like the title image for the new game of these folks - very stylish along the lines of the SciFi comics of the 1970s and 1980s or SciFi film classics like "Flash Gordon" and "Forbidden Planet". Also, Johnny Bruck's great title illustrations for the famous "Perry Rhodan" series come to mind :)

[Image: starfall.jpg]

"Perry Rhodan" magazine no.1 - "Operation Stardust" - cover artwork by Johnny Bruck (released September 1961):

[Image: 0001tibi.jpg]
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
nobbie,Nov 29 2005, 08:19 AM Wrote:Another bunch of Ex-Blizzard folks (Blizzard North) have founded a new studio called Hyboreal Games.

On their team page, you can find an interesting bit of information that should make every Diablo fan's heart beat faster:
Anyone wants to make a guess what that "yet unannounced sequel" is? :)

World of Starcraft! :P
[Image: blackdog786.png]
Hi,

Google Diablo III :D

There is Alot of INFO on the net...or..."Shameless rumor-mongering" as IGN calls it :blush:

Quote:GameSpy: Diablo IIIGameSpy is the most complete source for Diablo III trailers, screenshots, cheats, walkthroughs, release dates, previews, reviews, soundtracks and news.
pc.gamespy.com/pc/diablo-iii/ 

IGN: Diablo IIIIGN is the ultimate Diablo III resource for trailers, screenshots, cheats, walkthroughs, release dates, previews, reviews, soundtracks and news.
pc.ign.com/objects/714/714955.html 

GameStats: Diablo IIIGameStats has the largest collection of Diablo III trailers, screenshots, cheats, walkthroughs, release dates, previews, reviews, soundtracks and news.
www.gamestats.com/objects/714/714955/

The Ninth Circle -- by David KayDiablo III must be designed to last at least as long as its predecessor. ... In Diablo III there is a greater emphasis on item crafting, though without ...
www.diabloii.net/columnists/ninth-circle08.shtml 

He can do more for Others, Who has done most with Himself.
Caught this on diabloii.net, haven't seen any reference to it elsewhere here and wanted to pass it along:

Quote:More domain name fun. Ricard sends word that on 24th March Blizzard registered the diablo3.es (Spain) domain. They recently also aquired the diablo3.de domain from a third party. Before announcement of the title they'll want to gather up as many domains and that includes pre-owned ones as is the case with the German one. Whether the announcement is imminenet (E3 in May) or a little way off (Blizzcon in October) we're not sure but betting on either is safe.

You can check out the Spanish domain reg here, you'll need to type in the code printed above the form box to gain entry to show the page.

Now, it COULD just be that Blizzard's locking down domains for the hell of it, so I think the presumption that this means DIII is imminent isn't necessarily a sure thing. But it does present the possibility.
Darian Redwin - just some dude now
Darian,Apr 28 2006, 09:15 PM Wrote:Now, it COULD just be that Blizzard's locking down domains for the hell of it, so I think the presumption that this means DIII is imminent isn't necessarily a sure thing.  But it does present the possibility.
[right][snapback]108492[/snapback][/right]

Well, if they announce D3 this year we'll be playing it when? 2010? :unsure:
Prophecy of Deimos
“The world doesn’t end with water, fire, or cold. I’ve divined the coming apocalypse. It ends with tentacles!”
Quote:Caught this on diabloii.net, haven't seen any reference to it elsewhere here and wanted to pass it along:
Now, it COULD just be that Blizzard's locking down domains for the hell of it, so I think the presumption that this means DIII is imminent isn't necessarily a sure thing. But it does present the possibility.
Small bit of thread necromancy, but whatever.

Blizzard also locked down the rights to Diablo as a movie title back around 2000, and there hasn't been anything done with that, so I wouldn't get my hopes up: I think they're just trying to prevent people from making bogus claims, running scams, or both.
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
Guild Wars account: Lurker Wyrm
Quote:Small bit of thread necromancy, but whatever.

Blizzard also locked down the rights to Diablo as a movie title back around 2000, and there hasn't been anything done with that, so I wouldn't get my hopes up: I think they're just trying to prevent people from making bogus claims, running scams, or both.

/delurks,
It might be more along the lines of being prepared if, if they do come out with Diablo 3 there will be a mass Exodus from wow to d3 with how many people are upset with how they handled everything on the lore and balance subject of classes..

But knowing blizzards stance they just might buy names up and what not to protect there legal interests, now there saying that might do a movie about wow...:unsure:<!--fontc-->
<!--/fontc-->

edit caught myself repeating on what you said about blizard saying there was makinga diablo movie....

sorry if i dont make any sense its 4am here.{then again i never make any sense in the first place.}
[Image: chandelier.gif]
[Image: greyson.jpg]
[Image: demtorch.gif]
Quote:sorry if i dont make any sense its 4am here.{then again i never make any sense in the first place.}

It made sense Wiccan. It's great to see you delurking:)

Cheers to you,

Munk

Please make it diablo 3.once it's released,it will wipe out the competitions with it.:w00t:
Quote:Well, if they announce D3 this year we'll be playing it when? 2010?:unsure:

I would agree with you if not for one thing. Blizzard *is* notorious for pushing back games, but this time, it'll be a MMORPG, so unlike let's say the original release date for D2 and the actual one, they will really be trying hard to make this one ASAP. With a regular game, they either make let's say 100 Million a year from now, or three years from now. It's still 100 Million. With a pay-per play, every year they delay the release actually takes money off their table.

I think that if they are planning a D3, it'll be out by the end of 2008, at the latest. Coincidentally, this will probably be the time when most ppl will get sick of WOW. I'm not saying many won't get sick of it earlier (including myself), but I think even the bulk of the WOW diehards will be done with the game by then. This is the only way that blizz will release D3, when they feel it won't take significant revenues away from WOW, btw. I think Christmas '08 will be that time.

-A
http://www.diabloii.net/#newsitem1179616531,15819,

Just to update the D3 thread, Diabloii.net has a link to a non-English site, which means that since I am an average American and barely know my own language I cannot read it, which talks about some knowledge it has that Diablo 3 will be announced in August at Blizzcon.

No hard evidence, but seeing as how I just wasted my Sunday afternoon playing Diablo 2 again for the first time in a while I am extremely excited about this....

Except for the fact that the makers of 1 & 2 are now in Flagship studios. On the plus side though, check out this game from Flagship, it will be a free download when it is done and used to test the Hellgate: London engine.

http://www.mythos.com/index.jsp
Falomin

Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.

- Mel Brooks