Friday, Dec. 2nd
Friday, Dec. 2nd

What should we do this Friday? Who is going to be there?

We're feeling the healer crunch currently. Last week we had Necrali in Maraudon, and that left those of us with level 60 chars without a Main Healer. We were able to have an effective outdoor sequence last week, but I can't think of another thing we can do outdoors that will yield equipment upgrades, meaning we need a Main Healer this week or we won't get much done.

Things we can do:

- ST for Flash, Shadowe and Urza. If we can't get all 3, it doesn't seem to make sense to do this instance this Friday, as we'll have to turn around and do it again. After ST, things will get easier, as level 60s have reason to go to BRD. If all 3 can make it, we'll need to find a healer for them, and probably one other person.

- DM North Tribute runs. Nearly everyone can get some good gear from here. Risk here is that only 5 can do this, and we have a good chance of there being numbers that don't allow nice 5 man groups. Really any 5 man instance is available to us.

- Raid something. Scholo (we have several keys now) comes to mind, with gear chances for all classes. LBRS to work toward our UBRS key, but probably less gear chances. Nice thing about a raid is that we can have bad numbers (like 8 or 11) and still include everyone.

Healer options:

- Necrali: Level 60 priest, with good gear for just capping. Will be able to handle healing duties without backup.

- Concillian (the char): Level 60 priest. I think he is quite a bit behind in gear than Necrali, not having the luxury of farming every instance on is way to 60. Also, if Concillian (the char) is played, we lose Conc, one of only 2 level 60 warriors, which impacts other party formations as we have to cover tanking duties. Concillian (the player), please clone yourself and somehow find a way to play two chars on the same account at the same time by Friday. Be sure you have two PCs for this too. ;) If you fail at that, at least sound off on your interest level in playing Concillian (the char).

Nashkara: Level 60 druid. Primary healer, but needs a backup healer for rez.

Mogoraindyn: Level 60 shaman. Backup healer by class, and by preference. Can do Main Healer duties on lower level instances. A perfect backup to Nashkara as she can rez.

What we need to know:

We need to know who will be there, and what they are up for, with special emphasis on what healers we'll have available. We also need to know if Flash, Shadowe, and Urza can make this Friday, or if we can see if we can get ST done another night as it doesn't make sense to do it without all 3 of them.

Possible party/instance configurations:
These are some ideas to get people thinking about what we can do. Here are the rules I've tried follow: All 50+ characters are included, and that Necrali, Concillian (the char), or Nashkara + Mogo are available for the level 60 group(s).
Listing healer and tank(s) only, more flexibilty in DPS classes.

Idea 1:
- ST -
Healer: Concillian (the char)
Tank: Jandrey
Notes: Hope that there is some loot and possibly class quests to make this instance desirable to the priest. Will also need a DPS class to make 5 with Flash and Shadowe.

- Raid of Scholo -
Healer: Necrali backed up by Mogo
Tank: Durambar
Notes: Good loot for all classes, and no one gets left out. Brand new or second run for many, so it will be educational. Also, Octord (and shortly Flash's warlock) will need to 5 man Scholo for the Warlock epic mount quest. This raid will at least give us a good look at where they will need to go for that.

Idea 2:
- DM North Tribute -
Healer: Nashkara backed up by Mogo
Tank: Conc or Durambar

- Scholo Raid -
Healer: Necrali
Tank: Durambar or Conc
Notes: No ST group in this scenario.

Idea 3:
- ST -
Healer: Mogo
Tank: Jandrey
Notes: Will also need a DPS class to make 5 with Flash and Shadowe.

- Raid of Scholo -
Healer: Necrali
Tank: Conc and Durambar
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight
Friday isnt an extremely good day for me, since I have to leave for work ~10:30pm eastern time. If we can get things done before that its just fine, otherwise saturday and sunday are my free days.
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"
Other things we can do is raid strat to get a service key for baron runs and strat should also be up there on the 5 man lists as well.

As a hunter there is quite a bit of loot that I wouldn't mind out of LBRS and I would be up for a 5 man or a raid of it. Getting a UBRS key is an important thing to do as well.

I still very much don't like getting split from Treesh which makes party set-ups even more fun.

But I'll go anywhere. I still have to kill the emp in BRD so I've got quests all over. :)

I also have 2 or 3 (might be more by Friday) that could use wailing caverns and one that I believe is in Shadowfang keep range.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
I will be there on Friday. I'm leveling my Druid. Hopefully I can hit 50 by Friday which I think would be reasonable for ST as a healer; the druid can hibernate dragonkin which will also help for crowd control. Eventually I will take the druid to 60. I won't play the druid every Friday night, but having him around will give the guild more options.

If for some reason I don't get the druid to a high enough level, then I'll be playing the rogue and I will be happy to take him anywhere--raid or instance.

And if Urza needs to leave by 10:30 Eastern time (8:30 server time), we could start ST at 5:30-6:00 server time with Flash, Urza Shadowe, myself, and 1 volunteer. Then we would finish in time for Rogoll to do a run somewhere too.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
bonemage,Nov 28 2005, 03:15 PM Wrote:- Concillian (the char):  Level 60 priest.  I think he is quite a bit behind in gear than Necrali, not having the luxury of farming every instance on is way to 60.  Also, if Concillian (the char) is played, we lose Conc, one of only 2 level 60 warriors, which impacts other party formations as we have to cover tanking duties.  Concillian (the player), please clone yourself and somehow find a way to play two chars on the same account at the same time by Friday.  Be sure you have two PCs for this too.  ;)  If you fail at that, at least sound off on your interest level in playing Concillian (the char).

2 Computers is no problem. 2 accounts and 2 people is.

I may not even be there Friday... however, assuming I am, then I don't mind playing Concillian. I could use the trinket from ST, but I have not farmed my Courser Glands. I haven't played a healer role in quite some time, but ST shouldn't be a problem. Gear is equal to or behind Necrali in most areas, except possibly in shoulder and body (necropile items from Scholo).

I enjoy the priest less lately, but that's mainly because soloing with him is incredibly painful. Holy/disc DPS is okay... if you don't mind drinking all the time. I generally have a difficult time playing in that manner because I'm cheap =). He's lately been my Arcanite transmute bot every 2 days. I used to PvP with him, but I don't get yelled at when I PvP with warrior, so I he's become my PvP char (plus some of the rewards are really nice for warrior).
When you PvP with a disc/holy priest:
1) you tend to get get mowed down pretty quick
2) people on your own team complain that you don't heal them even if they are nowhere near you / you are healing other people / you go through mana so fast healing that you are paying 5-10g an hour in Morning Glory Dew healing people only to be told you are not healing enough. / You are too busy getting mowed down.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
I'll try this again since my machine locked up when I was typing up my last response.

I can main heal with Mogo again. It wasn't a case of "Mogo can't main heal anymore", but more of "it's really draining for me to main heal with Mogo". She's got better gear now, I've got new tricks, and honestly, I'd like to see just how much of a difference the end instances will be healing with Mogo instead of Aleri.

Raiding is fine for me, 5 manning is fine for me, healing for our lower level folks is fine for me. I hated raiding places before I 5 manned them, but a lot of that had to do with everyone else knew the places so well that they just plowed through everything and I was stuck playing catchup healing because I didn't know what to expect. With not that many folks being really familiar with LBRS, Strat, and scholo, it probably won't be an issue for others.

Having to retype this really made this post less rambly though. That's one good thing. ;) :D
Intolerant monkey.
Urza-DSF,Nov 28 2005, 04: Wrote:Friday isnt an extremely good day for me, since I have to leave for work ~10:30pm eastern time.  If we can get things done before that its just fine, otherwise saturday and sunday are my free days.
[right][snapback]95898[/snapback][/right]
I wasn't exactly sure of your schedule, but it's as I feared. Looks like you'll have to quit your job. No complaining, at least you don't have to clone yourself by Friday...

Well, I guess we'll just have to see what we can get together on a weekend. No, too inconvenient, it's job quitting time for you!

While I'm on a roll... Jarulf, your crazy 9 hour difference just isn't working out. You'll have to move to the mountains of western US. Canada will do... If that's too much to ask (trivial really, show some guild loyalty) I'll accept you cloning yourself so one of you is available when we raid.

For the Horde!

(Seriously):
What ever happened to the thread about finding another regular activity night? It won't need to be everyone, but a full party on the weekend that the aforementioned fine lurkers could attend would be stellar.
bonemage,Nov 28 2005, 11:36 PM Wrote:(Seriously):
What ever happened to the thread about finding another regular activity night?  It won't need to be  everyone, but a full party on the weekend that the aforementioned fine lurkers could attend would be stellar.
[right][snapback]95909[/snapback][/right]
I compiled the feedback and came up with Sundays.
Alternate time
But there didn't seem to be a response so I didn't push it.
Alram,Nov 29 2005, 12:22 AM Wrote:I compiled the feedback and came up with Sundays. 
Alternate time
But there didn't seem to be a response so I didn't push it.
[right][snapback]95924[/snapback][/right]

Hmmm, I read that thread and I didn't see a post that decided that the second day was Sunday, just a discussion. Maybe just proposing Sunday as the time and seeing who can make it? It must be pretty good seeing as the party has gotten a good response at that time.
Alram,Nov 28 2005, 06:05 PM Wrote:I will be there on Friday.  I'm leveling my Druid. Hopefully I can hit 50 by Friday which I think would be reasonable for ST as a healer; the druid can hibernate dragonkin which will also help for crowd control. Eventually I will take the druid to 60. I won't play the druid every Friday night, but having him around will give the guild more options. 

If for some reason I don't get the druid to a high enough level, then I'll be playing the rogue and I will be happy to take him anywhere--raid or instance.

And if Urza needs to leave by 10:30 Eastern time (8:30 server time), we could start ST at 5:30-6:00 server time with Flash, Urza Shadowe, myself, and 1 volunteer.  Then we would finish in time for Rogoll to do a run somewhere too.
[right][snapback]95901[/snapback][/right]

For the fifth another healer would be a good idea. I will not be available that early. I don't know about Treesh. It's possible you could pick up a healer from outside the guild.

To reliably hibernate the dragonkin, a few more levels would help quite a bit. The dragonkin in the four pulls are 49-51.
I expect to be there. My mom-in-law will be in town again, so I'm not certain what to expect on Friday, but I think I should be there. I would LOVE to be the last volunteer to help Shadowe, Urza, and Flash through ST earlier in the evening, and if I can make it by then, that would be good. However, I doubt I'll be on before about 7:30 server time, so that is going to be a bit late I think, but I'd be happy to come help if I'm still needed at that point. What is needed in ST too is someone familiar with the instance. I am not that person. :D

5 man instance choice #1 -- Scholo (possible Beastalker Drops)
Raid choice #1 -- Strat - Dead, I believe (possible Beaststalker Drops)
VoiceMan

Terenas:
Bloodmourne - 85 Blood Elf Death Knight <Lurkers>
Vreeslik - 85 Undead Warlock <Lurkers>
Fazuul - 70 Tauren Druid <Lurkers>
Ooh - 70 Troll Rogue <Lurkers>
Gorkuk- 63 Orc Hunter <Lurkers>
Rojaal - 70 Blood Elf Paladin <Lurkers>
I thought I'd put together a listing for this Friday. Note that those with multiple chars between 50-60 I haven't listed separately but we all know who you are ;)

Indicate any additions or corrections. Looks like we might have raids or five mans. Please specify your preference for where and I'll update it here.

Code:
Lurker &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Main Char &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Coming? &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Preference
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Alram &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Rogoll &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; (57 Rogue) &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Yes &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; ST Early, LBRS(raid) or BRD(5 man)?
bonemage &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Durambar &nbsp; &nbsp; (60 Warrior) &nbsp; &nbsp;Yes &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Live Strat(5 man), Dead Strat(raid)
Concillian &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Conc &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; (60 Warrior) &nbsp; &nbsp;No
FlashNPan &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Gorohnt &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;(55? Warlock) &nbsp; Probably
gantor &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Kosch &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;(56 Shaman) &nbsp; &nbsp; No
Gnollguy &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Marntruehorn (60 Hunter) &nbsp; &nbsp; Yes &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; LBRS(raid)
khgerg &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Octord &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; (60 Warlock) &nbsp; &nbsp;Yes &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Scholo(5 man), Scholo(raid)
ShadoweSpirit &nbsp; Tamainelka &nbsp; (54? Hunter) &nbsp; &nbsp;Yes
Sir_die_a_lot &nbsp; Nashkara &nbsp; &nbsp; (60 Druid) &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;No
Treesh &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Mogoraindyn &nbsp;(60 Shaman) &nbsp; &nbsp; Yes &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; LBRS(raid)
VoiceMan &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Gorkuk &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; (60 Hunter) &nbsp; &nbsp; Yes &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Scholo(5 man), Dead Strat(raid)
vor_lord &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Necrali &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;(60 Priest) &nbsp; &nbsp; Probably but late
Urza-DSF &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Jandrey &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;(51 Warrior) &nbsp; &nbsp;Early Only &nbsp; &nbsp;Sunken Temple
Xame &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Yuri &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; (60 Mage) &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Yes
One more thing I'd like request for those coming. Please post your top choice for these:

- 5 man instance

- Raid

If we have the proper numbers, we'll do 5 man instances, but there's a good chance we'll end up raiding. Please list your top in each category. It is extremely difficult to get things organized so we don't have a slow, confusing start while we try to figure out who goes where and does what. Let's try to get that sorted out before Friday. There is no way that everyone gets what they want, we'll be lucky if half get to work on their top choice, but we'll come as close as possible by sticking to majority. Please don't post that you're "up for whatever", as that is generally true for any of us. I would like for you to post as if it were entirely your choice, what would you pick?

My perferences:

5 man: Strat, live side. I really want to get my Ornate Adamantium Breastplate (other rewards from that Tirion Fordring series are also good) as soon as I can.

Raid: Strat, undead side. I've been there once (in a previous, alliance life) and enjoyed the encounters. I also think the loot is very good there, for all classes.

Then, we'll try to work out a plan for 5 man groups, or for a raid that is the best compromise.
On the question of loot for those that haven't looked at their blue (Tier 0) sets yet. (I know I really hadn't until very recently, even for my toons on Stormrage. Loot has always been a side effect of the fun I have in instances). So I lifted some work by Onan on another forum and am putting the modified version here.

Now keep in mind I'm not saying that these sets are the best items you can get for a slot for that class or that only the class in () gets benefit from the set. Case in point, shadowcraft is probably better for a feral druid than it is for rogue when you look at other blue items you can get. Part of that because agi=armor and armor get's multiplied in bear form. Agi = crit and dodge for both forms and AP for cat and there is good str for AP in bear and cat as well.

There are some other sets in Scholo that I listed, and there is other good loot in all these places, UBRS and Baron strat both have good stuff.

LBRS would really probably be the best for the guild if we raid and not 5 man, getting someone keyed so we can do UBRS at all is a good thing and the only fight that you need 15 or good gear for in there is Drakk. Rend and the Beast who drop a lot of stuff people want can be done pretty well with just 10 in low level blues and greens.

Anyway info on all the T0 class sets.
  • Vestments of the Devout: (Priest)
    • Devout Belt - BoE drops randomly in LBRS
      Devout Sandals - BoP drops off Maleki The Pallid in Stratholme (Baron/Dead Side)
      Devout Bracers - BoE drops randomly in Stratholme (Scarlet/Live Side)
      Devout Crown - BoP drops off Darkmaster Gandling in Scholomance
      Devout Gloves - BoP drops off Archivist Galford in Stratholme (Scarlet/Live Side)
      Devout Mantle - BoP drops off Solakar Flamewreath in UBRS (Father flame event LEEEEROY!!!)
      Devout Skirt - BoP drops off Baron Rivendare in Stratholme (Baron/Dead side)
      Devout Robe - BoP drops off General Drakkisath UBRS
      • The set gives these bonuses as more pieces are worn:
        3: Increases damage done by Shadow spells and effects by up to 7.
        5: Increases damage done to Undead by magical spells and effects by up to 14.
        6: +15 Shadow Resistance.
        7: +20 Spirit.
        8: Increases healing done by spells and effects by up to 55.<>
        [st]<>
        [st]
        Magister's Regalia: (Mage)
        • Magister's Belt - BoE drops randomly in Stratholme (Baron/Dead side) LBRS
          Magister's Bindings - BoE drops randomly in UBRS
          Magister's Crown - BoP drops off Darkmaster Gandling in Scholomance
          Magister's Gloves - BoE drops randomly in Scholomance
          Magister's Leggings - BoP drops off Baron Rivendare in Stratholme (Baron/Dead side)
          Magister's Mantle - BoP drops off Ras Frostwhisper in Scholomance
          Magister's Robes - BoP drops off General Drakkisath UBRS
          Magister's Boots - BoP drops off Postmaster Malown in Stratholme (Baron/Dead side)
            3: Increases damage done by Frost spells and effects by up to 7.
            5: +5 Frost Resistance.
            5: +5 Fire Resistance.
            5: +5 Arcane Resistance.
            6: Increases damage done by Arcane spells and effects by up to 21.
            7: Increases damage done by Fire spells and effects by up to 27.
            8: Restores 8 mana every 5 sec.
            8: +10 Intellect.<>
            [st]<>
            [st]
            Dreadmist Raiment: (Warlock)
            • Dreadmist Belt - BoE drops randomly in Stratholme (Scarlet/Live Side)
              Dreadmist Bracers - BoE drops randomly in LBRS
              Dreadmist Leggings - BoP drops off Baron Rivendare in Stratholme (Baron/Dead side)
              Dreadmist Mantle - BoP drops off Jandice Barov in Scholomance
              Dreadmist Robe - BoP drops off General Drakkisath UBRS
              Dreadmist Sandals - BoP drops off Baroness Anastari in Stratholme (Baron/Dead side)
              Dreadmist Mask - BoP drops off Darkmaster Gandling in Scholomance
              Dreadmist Wraps - BoE drops randomly in Scholomance
                3: +4 Fire Resistance.
                3: +4 Shadow Resistance.
                5: Increases damage done to Demons by magical spells and effects by up to 14.
                6: Increases damage done by Shadow spells and effects by up to 21.
                7: Restores 2 health every 5 sec.
                8: Improves your chance to get a critical strike with Shadow spells by 2%.<>
                [st]<>
                [st]
                Shadowcraft Armor: (Rogue)
                • Shadowcraft Belt BoE drops randomly in UBRS
                  Shadowcraft Boots - BoP drops off Rattlegore in Scholomance
                  Shadowcraft Bracers - BoE drops randomly in Scholomance
                  Shadowcraft Tunic - BoP drops off General Drakkisath in UBRS
                  Shadowcraft Spaulders - BoP drops off Cannon Master Willey in Stratholme (Scarlet/Live side)
                  Shadowcraft Pants - BoP drops off Baron Rivendale in Stratholme (Baron/Dead side)
                  Shadowcraft Gloves - BoP drops off Shadow Hunter Vosh'gajin in LBRS
                  Shadowcraft Cap - BoP drops off Darkmaster Gandling in Scholomance
                    3: Increased Daggers +2.
                    5: Increases your chance to dodge an attack by 1%.
                    6: Improves your chance to get a critical strike by 1%.
                    7: Improves your chance to hit by 2%.
                    8: Increases your damage dealt with offhand attacks by 4%.<>
                    [st]<>
                    [st]
                    Wildheart Raiment: (Druid)
                    • Wildheart Belt - BoE drops randomly in Stratholme (Baron/Dead side)
                      Wildheart Boots - BoP Mother Smolderweb in LBRS
                      Wildheart Bracers - BoE drops randomly in Stratholme (reportedly both sides)
                      Wildheart Cowl - BoP drops off Darkmaster Gandling in Scholomance
                      Wildheart Vest - BoP drops off General Drakkisath in UBRS
                      Wildheart Spaulders - BoP drops off Gizrul the Slavener in LBRS
                      Wildheart Kilt - BoP drops off Baron Rivendale in Stratholme (Baron/Dead side)
                      Wildheart Gloves - BoP drops randomly in LBRS UBRS
                        3: +5 Nature Resistance.
                        5: Increases damage done by Nature spells and effects by up to 14.
                        6: Increases damage done by Arcane spells and effects by up to 21.
                        7: Increases healing done by spells and effects by up to 44.
                        8: +17 Stamina.
                        8: +17 Strength.<>
                        [st]<>
                        [st]
                        Beaststalker Armor: (Hunter)
                        • Beaststalker's Belt - BoE drops randomly in LBRS
                          Beaststalker's Boots - BoP drops off Nerub'enkan in Stratholme (Baron/Dead side)
                          Beaststalker's Bindings - BoE drops randomly in Stratholme (Scarlet/Live side)
                          Beaststalker's Cap - BoP drops off Darkmaster Gandling in Scholomance
                          Beaststalker's Tunic - BoP drops off General Drakkisath in UBRS
                          Beaststalker's Pants - BoP drops off Baron Rivendare in Stratholme (Baron/Dead side)
                          Beaststalker's Mantle - BoP drops off Overlord Wyrmthalak in LBRS
                          Beaststalker's Gloves - BoP drops off War Master Voone in LBRS
                            3: Attack Power increased by 15 when fighting Beasts.
                            5: Increased Crossbow +4.
                            5: Increased Bows +4.
                            5: Increased Guns +4.
                            6: Improves your chance to get a critical strike by 1%.
                            7: +20 Attack Power.
                            8: +60 ranged Attack Power.<>
                            [st]<>
                            [st]
                            The Elements: (Shaman)
                            • Cord of Elements - BoE drops randomly in UBRS
                              Boots of Elements - BoP drops iff Urok Doomhowl LBRS
                              Bindings of Elements - BoE drops randomly in Stratholme (Baron/Dead side)
                              Coif of Elements - BoP drops off Darkmaster Gandling in Scholomance
                              Gauntlets of Elements - BoP drops off Pyroguard Emberseer UBRS
                              Kilt of Elements - BoP drops off Baron Rivendare in Stratholme (Baron/Dead side)
                              Pauldrons of Elements - BoP drops off Gyth (Rend's mount) UBRS
                              Vest of Elements - BoP drops off General Drakkisath in UBRS
                                3: +50 Armor.
                                5: +5 Frost Resistance.
                                5: +5 Fire Resistance.
                                5: +5 Nature Resistance.
                                6: +15 Stamina.
                                7: Increases healing done by spells and effects by up to 44.
                                8: Improves your chance to get a critical strike with Nature spells by 2%.<>
                                [st]<>
                                [st]
                                Battlegear of Valor: (Warrior)
                                • Belt of Valor - BoP drops off Highlord Omokk in LBRS
                                  Boots of Valor - BoP drops off Kirtonos the Herald in Scholomance
                                  Bracers of Valor - BoE drops randomly in UBRS
                                  Breastplate of Valor - BoP drops off General Drakkisath in UBRS
                                  Gauntlets of Valor - BoP drops off Ramstein the Gorger in Stratholme (Baron/Dead side)
                                  Helm of Valor - BoP drops off Darkmaster Gandling in Scholomance
                                  Legplates of Valor - BoP drops off Baron Rivendare in Stratholme (Baron/Dead side)
                                  Spaulders of Valor - BoP drops off Warchief Rend Blackhand UBRS
                                    3: +50 Armor.
                                    5: +20 Attack Power.
                                    6: When struck in combat inflicts 2 Arcane damage to the attacker.
                                    7: Restores 5 health every 5 sec.
                                    8: 1% chance to stun a victim struck in combat for 1 sec.<>
                                    [st]<>
                                    [st]
                                    Lightforge Armor: (Paladin)
                                    • Lightforge Belt BoE drops randomly in Stratholme (Baron/Dead side)
                                      Lightforge Boots - BoP drops off Balnazzar in Stratholme (Scarlet/Live side)
                                      Lightforge Bracers - BoE drops randomly in Scholomance
                                      Lightforge Breastplate - BoP drops off General Drakkisath in UBRS
                                      Lightforge Gauntlets - BoP drops off Emperor Dagran Thaurissan BRD (yes BRD, yes the emperor)
                                      Lightforge Legplates - BoP drops off Baron Rivendare in Stratholme (Baron/Dead side)
                                      Lightforge Spaulders - BoP drops off The Beast in UBRS
                                      Lightforge Helm - BoP drops Darkmaster Gandling in Scholomance
                                        3: Increases healing done by spells and effects by up to 11.
                                        5: +30 Attack Power when fighting Undead.
                                        5: +30 Attack Power when fighting Demons.
                                        6: +6 All Resistances.
                                        7: +10% chance to resist Fear spells and effects.
                                        8: When the victim of a critical hit in combat, 1% chance to be sheathed in a magical shield absorbing the next 500 damage.<>
                                        [st]<>
                                        [st]<>
                                        [st]
                                        • LBRS
                                          • (1) Priest - Belt
                                            (1) Mage - Belt
                                            (1) Warlock - Bracers
                                            (1) Rogue - Gloves
                                            (3) Druid - Boots, Shoulders, Gloves
                                            (3) Hunter - Belt, Shoulders, Gloves
                                            (1) Shaman - Boots
                                            (1) Warrior - Belt
                                            (0) Paladin -<>
                                            [st]
                                            UBRS
                                            • (2) Priest - Chest, Shoulders
                                              (2) Mage - Chest, Wrist
                                              (1) Warlock - Chest,
                                              (2) Rogue - Chest, Belt
                                              (2) Druid - Chest, Gloves
                                              (1) Hunter - Chest
                                              (4) Shaman - Chest, Belt, Hands, Shoulders
                                              (3) Warrior - Chest, Bracers, Shoulders
                                              (2) Paladin - Chest, Shoulders<>
                                              [st]
                                              Scholomance
                                              • (1) Priest - Head
                                                (3) Mage - Head, Gloves, Shoulder
                                                (3) Warlock - Head, Shoulder, Hands
                                                (3) Rogue - Head, Wrist, Boots
                                                (1) Druid - Head
                                                (1) Hunter - Head
                                                (1) Shaman - Head
                                                (2) Warrior - Head, Boots
                                                (2) Paladin - Head, Bracers

Also Has
                                                • Necropile Raiment - A stam/int/spirit cloth set aimed at PvP (I think)
                                                  Cadaverous Garb - A str/agi/stam leather set that would be alright for druids and rogues
                                                  Deathbone Guardian - A str/agi/stam/spi plate set (the chest piece is +17 def)<>
                                                  [st]<>
                                                  [st]
                                                  Stratholme
                                                  • (4) Priest - Legs, Hands, Wrist, Boots
                                                    (3) Mage - Legs, Boots, Belt
                                                    (3) Warlock - Legs, Boots, Belt
                                                    (2) Rogue - Legs, Shoulders
                                                    (3) Druid - Legs, Wrist, Belt
                                                    (3) Hunter - Legs, Boots, Wrist
                                                    (2) Shaman - Legs, Wrist
                                                    (2) Warrior - Legs, Gloves
                                                    (3) Paladin - Legs, Belt, Boots<>
                                                    [st]<>
                                                    [st]
---
Also keep in mind that we'll need a key (or else some friendly folks inside the gate or just take a bit longer to go through scarlet first) to get into undead strat to raid that.

If it were purely my choice, I'd say raid LBRS as my choice. But you all know I'll go wherever and be happy. :)
Intolerant monkey.
Gnollguy,Nov 29 2005, 06:22 PM Wrote:So I lifted some work by Onan on another forum and am putting the modified version here.&nbsp;

Nice summary, thanks GG (and Onan).

Quote:LBRS would really probably be the best for the guild if we raid and not 5 man, getting someone keyed so we can do UBRS at all is a good thing and the only fight that you need 15 or good gear for in there is Drakk.&nbsp; Rend and the Beast who drop a lot of stuff people want can be done pretty well with just 10 in low level blues and greens.

LBRS
  • (1) Priest - Belt
    (1) Mage - Belt
    (1) Warlock - Bracers
    (1) Rogue - Gloves
    (3) Druid - Boots, Shoulders, Gloves
    (3) Hunter - Belt, Shoulders, Gloves
    (1) Shaman - Boots
    (1) Warrior - Belt
    (0) Paladin -
    <>
    [st]
    [right][snapback]95971[/snapback][/right]

Yuri has 2 pieces of the key, and getting keyed for UBRS would be good. The hesitation I have with LBRS is that there are only two drops there of interest for the poor cloth wearers -- Trindlehaven Staff and Skyshroud Leggings. The cloth wearers have been waiting since Maraudon for a cloth-friendly instance. (Yuri, Octord, and Necrali already have the BoE pieces of their tier 0 set that drop in LBRS). LBRS is also pretty easy to five man (with the exception of the Urok event).

But I'm willing, UBRS would sure be nice to see. LBRS has great hunter and druid stuff.
vor_lord,Nov 30 2005, 12:29 AM Wrote:Nice summary, thanks GG (and Onan).
Yuri has 2 pieces of the key, and getting keyed for UBRS would be good.&nbsp; The hesitation I have with LBRS is that there are only two drops there of interest for the poor cloth wearers -- Trindlehaven Staff and Skyshroud Leggings.&nbsp; The cloth wearers have been waiting since Maraudon for a cloth-friendly instance.&nbsp; (Yuri, Octord, and Necrali already have the BoE pieces of their tier 0 set that drop in LBRS).&nbsp; LBRS is also pretty easy to five man (with the exception of the Urok event).

But I'm willing, UBRS would sure be nice to see.&nbsp; LBRS has great hunter and druid stuff.
[right][snapback]95993[/snapback][/right]

Yeah LBRS isn't really cloth friendly and it is pretty easy to 5 man. So we don't have to rush. As Treesh mentioned we want to get keys for the service entrance as well because there is decent loot for all on Baron runs and they are just faster if you can go through the service gate.

Of course all the really good loot is in DM North and West but again I'm in no huge hurry for those either. I didn't list a preference because I don't have one. Though knowing where we are heading so I can get quests in order (there are some long chains for some of them, of course there is a chain that starts at Tinkee in the Burning Steppes (Broodling Essence) that eventually leads to egg freezing and collection in UBRS which eventually leads to Dawn's Gambit in scholo. Though I'm not sure how much people want that wand. I'm just saying that even if I try to get all the quest with the way some of the chains go I won't be anytime soon. :)

Of course scholo also has some lines that take you in and out of there a couple of times as well. So does strat (or at least living side then undead side). So even with 5 mans will end up visiting each instance a few times. Oh well I'll go anywhere. I can get good loot anywhere and I can get quests done anywhere. :)
---
As I've said, this week I'm putting my energy into levelling Drutar up to 50 by Friday. (He is 47 now and a Stone Guard as well. :) ) My hope is to be able to do an early run into ST with Drutar, and then do a run with Rogoll at the usual Friday time. Rogoll will be level 57. My choice for an instance run would then be any instance where a level 57 rogue will be an asset and not a liability. Also I will not have the time to take Rogoll through a long chain of quest prep. I don't know anything about the higher level instances and will be happy to go to any of them that meet the above 2 criteria--no long quest prep required and suitable for a level 57.

Incidentally, Rogoll has been to the bar in BRD; Concillian and I duoed that a couple of times. No Shanker dropped, but we had fun.
Octord will be there and here are my preferences.

5 man - Scholomance - To complete the warlock quest Imp Delivery

raid - Scholomance

Outside - Blasted Land - I need help completeing the warlock quest Suppression, which will allow me to summon a Doomguard.
<span style="color:orange">Doomhammer:
Melis -- 60 NE Druid
<span style="color:orange">Terenas:
Octord -- 70 U Warlock
Forgar -- 70 T Druid
Loregar -- 69 BE Hunter
Selyn -- 61 U Mage
Kevas -- 35 TR Shaman
Darklurker -- 24 U Priest
Ratoo -- 17 TR Priest

[Image: 738014xuSdJ.png]
So I've been thinking about this:

We've got three options as I see it, depending on who comes (this is mostly independent of the early ST run which hopefully happens). My guiding principles are:

1. Get everyone involved, especially Flash and Shadowe now that they've grown up
2. Follow preferences as much as possible

I've put any considerations about loot as considered wrapped up in people's preferences.

So tell me what you think! I have my flame suit on!
  • (1) Two 5 mans:
    This leaves out people if more than 10 come. For a 5 man, only BRD or ST is appropriate for Flash and Shadowe (if they are coming.... this whole thread assumes that you'll be there but no responses from the responsible parties yet... ?? ;). Quest prep for BRD is involved and a whopping 11 slots are needed. Perhaps getting just the early quests for a BRD five man for Flash and Shadowe? Go in with the goal of getting the first KoS quest and the Shadowforge key?

(2) One raid:
    This also leaves out people if more than 10 come (or does it?? can you take more than 10 into LBRS because it is tecnically the same instance as UBRS?). If 10 or less come, and that includes lower levels, then I think the choice should be LBRS.

This option still might work if more than 10 come, as if we get started on time with the raid, there are many that are prepared to stay up late and could do something. That doesn't sound ideal however.

I suggest LBRS for the following reasons (some previously espoused by GG, dang he always knows what he's talking about!! :D ):

1. It's proved popular so far
    2. It works us towards UBRS
    3. It will allow lower level toons to not be at a disadvantage (Rogoll, Gorohnt, and Tamainelka)
    4. Many people have little experience raiding. LBRS is not terribly difficult and will be an easy introduction to the higher potential chaos level involved in a raid.

(3) One raid and one 5 man:
    This seems most appropriate if we get all 12 of the probables (including Sir_Die). I think LBRS is the best choice here for the raid. For the five man, something with a specific goal might be good (Strat key, Octord's mount quest, Emperor). There will be good loot involved in any 5 man.

If this ends up being the option, then the LBRS raid should include (acc to reasons above and preferences shown):

Rogoll
    Mogo
    Marn
    Tamainelka
    Gorohnt
    and two others if we've got all 12.

If we have 11 one of the warriors probably becomes a must with Wymthalak being 60.
    If we have 10, then let's take everyone to LBRS and roll it! :shuriken:<>
    [st]
    If we want to know what we're doing before hand (now that I've put all my thoughts down), we COULD just plan on LBRS raid starting at 8:30 server time promptly (or as soon as everyone expected to come shows up). Anyone who is late or would prefer to sit out will still have a chance to do something after.

I think I'll stop rambling now, start the flames instead :o