What is your company Christmas party dress code?
Traditionally, everyone at my company Christmas party dresses in formal attire. Suits for men, and gowns for the ladies.

Last year I wore a plain navy suit with a grey shirt and a paisley tie. It looked okay I guess, but this year I am determined to steal the show.

I am going to wear a really nice black suit. The pants are double-pleated. The jacket is double-breasted. I know that few men can pull off a double-breasted jacket, but mine really does look good on me. I have also set aside a pair of patent leather shoes and either a matching belt or a pair of suspenders (I haven't decided on this yet).

I purchased a really nice polyester maroon shirt (my camera doesn't do it justice), and a fairly plain silk black tie with a bit of texture. I think that these will go really nicely with a double-breasted black jacket.
[Image: christmaspartyshirt2oi.jpg]

What are you wearing to your company Christmas party?
Now that I've been exercising since january, I can show of my impressive physique and wear a tight shirt. I'll have a blazer on top, but I don't suspect this qualifies as tie-country. This is, however, the christmas party for my brassband, so it's not as formal as company christmas parties ;) As for pants and shoes, I'm not doing anything exciting; black and neat - it's the only way I know how :)
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
If you want to steal the show, wear a kilt.

Every woman in the room will be drawn to you and will try to inquire, indirectly or entirely to directly, what you have on under your kilt.

Men will want to be you and have your balls.

Polyester? That really is a nice shirt. Almost something I would wear for formal occasions. But I can't wear polyester. I am sure the colour is nicer in person and it is a stunning purple colour. Me likey.

Suprising people with colour in a room full of penguins is a wonderful thing. I think that's part of why I love kilts.

A long time ago, for a formal function, there was a black tie affair and all of the ladies wore black gowns and all of the men wore your standard tuxedos. It was awful in there.

I showed up in a robin's egg blue shirt with an eggplant coat with tails and matching pants. I looked smashing. Lots of raised eyebrows though and quizzical looks. I even had my locks tied back in to a ponytail with a matching silk blue ribbon tied in to a nice bow.

Having colour in a room full of a drab gets the attention of the ladies. It's like a plummage display. There is something hardwired way back in the center of our brains, the lizard part of our brains, for courtship and mating displays and wearing something that stands out triggers an instinctual reaction.
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."