Rift to Molten Core
Never trust a Nightelf. A friend recently became attuned to MC. I told him to enter by simply jumping out the window to the left of Lothos. He did. And died instantly in lava.

Going down myself to check I found there was now a crystal on the platform next to Lothos. I'm sure that crystal was not there before. Checking the patch notes, nothing had changed that I could find, but a recent entry on Thott suggests clicking on the crystal.

Did something change? I read that the quest is now repeatable, which seems to be the case. But where did the crystal come from? Jumping out the window used to work for me.

I would not particularly care, I guess, but my friend is convinced I sent him to his death on purpose.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
LavCat,Nov 27 2005, 07:26 PM Wrote:Going down myself to check I found there was now a crystal on the platform next to Lothos.  I'm sure that crystal was not there before.  Checking the patch notes, nothing had changed that I could find, but a recent entry on Thott suggests clicking on the crystal.
[right][snapback]95855[/snapback][/right]

The crystal now functions like the Blackwing Lair orb. Right-clicking it provides a safe dialogue option to teleport to Molten Core.

The window still works. Your friend likely got fried because he wasn't in a raid group - the window only detects and functions for players in a raid.

Interesting note: the window works from the other side, too. It is possible to jump from the top level of BRM and hit the window from the other side, porting to MC before you go into the lava.
Hmmm, they're sure they are attuned? The crystal was added some time ago (1.7-1.8?). However, I distinctly remember still being able to use the window after the crystal was added. In fact, when you go back as a spirit, you have to use the window to get in. It sounds like you might need to test it yourself, if only to prove that you believe in the window yourself. ;) :lol:
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
LavCat,Nov 27 2005, 05:26 PM Wrote:Never trust a Nightelf.  A friend recently became attuned to MC.  I told him to enter by simply jumping out the window to the left of Lothos.  He did.  And died instantly in lava.

Going down myself to check I found there was now a crystal on the platform next to Lothos.  I'm sure that crystal was not there before.  Checking the patch notes, nothing had changed that I could find, but a recent entry on Thott suggests clicking on the crystal.

Did something change?  I read that the quest is now repeatable, which seems to be the case.  But where did the crystal come from?  Jumping out the window used to work for me.

I would not particularly care, I guess, but my friend is convinced I sent him to his death on purpose.
[right][snapback]95855[/snapback][/right]

Were they in a raid? That is the only way to get into MC. Being part of a party or solo will just let you fall through the window and die in the lava.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Skandranon,Nov 27 2005, 04:49 PM Wrote:The crystal now functions like the Blackwing Lair orb.  Right-clicking it provides a safe dialogue option to teleport to Molten Core.

The window still works.  Your friend likely got fried because he wasn't in a raid group - the window only detects and functions for players in a raid.

Interesting note: the window works from the other side, too.  It is possible to jump from the top level of BRM and hit the window from the other side, porting to MC before you go into the lava.
[right][snapback]95857[/snapback][/right]

The lava immediately adjacent to the window functions as a zoneline. You can enter from any direction.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek