Harrassing Gamer
Okay a few weeks ago so seemingly normal person adds me to their list after a quick game and asking for some starter gear cause he was new. He disappears for a couple weeks and returns sending oodles of brainless comments back and forth to other gamers flooding my screen while I play. <_<

I finally got fed up recently and tried to work my way away him in a poliete way. I said I was moving and to remove me from his list and I thought that was the end of it but i kept getting messages so I explained the proceedure out of removing me and it continued so I went as far as saying I was a scammer and to erase me in a very big politically correct speech. I'm still getting messages and he seems like hes trying to talk to me but I hate this person.

I don't know if I can go to blizzard or there is some other way of silencing him. I would hate to create a whole new account and start over but I guess I will if I have to. Can I get some advice? please

I need results and as soon as possible for my sanity.

thank you.

There is a command you can type to stop receiving messages.

/options igw

Sadly, that will stop you from getting messages from the folks you would like to hear from.

But perhaps you can just use it when the offender is online? At least then you will not be spammed with inane chatter as you try to stick to the business of slaying monsters. :)
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Quote:He disappears for a couple weeks and returns sending oodles of brainless comments back and forth to other gamers flooding my screen while I play.&nbsp;

I always just hit the "n" key to clear my screen when it is spammed. Not really a good solution if he's spamming for a long time, but it helps for short bursts.

I've had this exact problem before, and eventually the spammer just got tired of D2 (obviously they weren't a really serious player to begin with).
ShadowHM,Nov 27 2005, 05:07 PM Wrote:There is a command you can type to stop receiving messages.

/options igw

Alternatively, isn't there a command that mutes a specific player for the duration of your session on battle.net? I am a bit rusty when it comes to battle.net play in Diablo II, but I seem to remember something as simple as /ignore or /mute followed by their account name. Granted (if the command I am thinking of does indeed exist) it requires typing it each time you log on, it may work well if you cannot bear to ignore all messages.

Hang in there, don't change your account just because of an aggrivating player! As baajikill mentioned, he hopefully won't be around for much longer. And there's no reason to tell people you are a scammer, under any circumstance! :)

Cheers,

Munk
Two ways to go: when you are in a game, a simple press on the N key will erase all messages on the screen, as said by Baajikill.
The command to stop you from hearing that player is /squelch charname however, once you log out and log back in he will be un-squelched, wich can be really annyoing <_<

PS: remember it's charname, not accname. I allways mix them up too(wich is the reason why I had to edit this post)
Just a little clarification:

You can log out back to your current account's character selection screen, select a character, and log in with that character and still have your squelches intact. Squelches only get reset if you change accounts or close the game completely.