New Silithus Mount
From the World Of War news page:

[Image: 2204.jpg]

This mount shall be usable in Ahn'Quiraj only.

Some more Quiraj stuff *ouch!*

[Image: 1.9Loot_page7.jpg]

[Image: poison.jpg]

[Image: heroic.jpg]

[Image: battleshout.jpg]
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
That's correct sir. 100% speed bug mounts - only usable in AQ - drop in there with frequency. Their intention is to speed you through the massive tunnels that compose the instance.

... 60dps hybrid stats 1h axe, sqeeeeeee! My orc shaman-ometer just exploded :P.
130.7dps? on a one hand mace? druid equip bonus but not limited to druids? UHHHHHH. wow.
full series of images is at

http://mammae.org/images/1.9/
BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!
Wha-? A class-specific set that might actually be useful for Shadow priests?!?

SAY IT ISN'T SO, BLIZZARD!

Seriously though, it's about damn time. Some of the other items (the Ruling Wand of Vek'nilash, the Bracelets of Royal Redemption, and the Cloak of Clarity) are certainly droolworthy. That cloak would be a very blatant replacement for my Hide of the Wild, too. +40 healing, +to all 3 caster stats, *AND* 8 mana/5 sec? I like it!
SUM PREEST IZ FITE
Is it just me, or do the Doomcaller and Unspoken Names warlock sets trounce current Tier 1 and 2 sets?

Are these new instances going to be harder than BWL? Or does the loot just seem better to me?

New ranks of a ton of important spells? Rank 10 Shadow Bolt? Drool.
The error occurred on line -1.
The mounts are all on page 6.

There's a Legendary (Orange) one that seems to be useable outside AQ. At least the tooltip does not specifically say it's restricted to AQ.

That said, for a Legendary, I'd have expected it to move at an even faster speed than epics.

Kateley - Gnome Mage --- 60
Collector and connoisseur of fine keys, bags, trinkets and all things mooncloth
Covet! ... Covet! ... Covet! ... Covet!
Zippyy,Nov 24 2005, 08:36 PM Wrote:Is it just me, or do the Doomcaller and Unspoken Names warlock sets trounce current Tier 1 and 2 sets?

Are these new instances going to be harder than BWL?  Or does the loot just seem better to me?

New ranks of a ton of important spells?  Rank 10 Shadow Bolt?  Drool.
[right][snapback]95743[/snapback][/right]

Yes, which is what amuses me a little. Folks are looking at the loot, and forgetting that the 40 man raid is supposed to be the next big dungeon after BWL. The items from it are now known as the "tier 3" set. I'm not sure if Blizz has come out and said this, but I've heard it bandied about, and it makes sense to me.

The 20 man AQ is supposed to be MC difficulty...for 20 people. For those in BWL gear or better, it probably won't be that rough, though for "us", I think it'll be a challenge. But witih nice rewards. ;)
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Inspoken Names, Vaulted Secrets and all the other weapons+back+jewellery sets seems to be the AQ equivalent of the ZG class sets. I don't know if they can be considered as belonging to a Tier.

But yes, Doomcaller is pretty much Tier 3. Can't seem to find the mage equivalent :unsure:

Kateley - Gnome Mage --- 60
Collector and connoisseur of fine keys, bags, trinkets and all things mooncloth
Covet! ... Covet! ... Covet! ... Covet!
Chesspiece_face,Nov 24 2005, 04:29 PM Wrote:130.7dps?  on a one hand mace?  druid equip bonus but not limited to druids?  UHHHHHH.  wow.
[right][snapback]95726[/snapback][/right]

It's gotta be a bug, it simply has to be. If its not ... just, wow. Fire the whole itemization team.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quark,Nov 25 2005, 12:58 AM Wrote:It's gotta be a bug, it simply has to be.  If its not ... just, wow.  Fire the whole itemization team.
[right][snapback]95761[/snapback][/right]

yeah that's what i said. this item would become the best item in the game the second the patch hits. My Main being a paladin wouldn't care at all about having the druid equip bonus on there. hell take it off and it's still the best item in the game. All the bonus of a two hand weapon while still using a shield?! YES PLEASE.
Quark,Nov 25 2005, 12:58 AM Wrote:It's gotta be a bug, it simply has to be.  If its not ... just, wow.  Fire the whole itemization team.
[right][snapback]95761[/snapback][/right]
...infused with the power of elementium.

Makes the Sulfuron Hammer look quite wimpy.

Sulfuron Hammer
Binds when equipped
Two-Hand Mace
176 - 295 Damage Speed 3.70
(63.6 damage per second)
Durability 120 / 120
Requires Level 60
Chance on hit: Hurls a fiery ball that causes 83 to 101 Fire damage and an additional 16 damage over 8 sec.
Sells for 12 Gold 23 Silver 11 Copper to vendors
Item Level 67
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

kandrathe,Nov 27 2005, 04:37 PM Wrote:Makes the Sulfuron Hammer look quite wimpy.
[right][snapback]95851[/snapback][/right]

Makes the Legendary version look wimpy too:

Quote:Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros
Binds when picked up
Unique
Two-Hand Mace
223 - 372 Damage Speed 3.70
(80.4 damage per second)
+12 Strength
+12 Stamina
+30 Fire Resistance
Durability 145 / 145
Requires Level 60
Chance on hit: Hurls a fiery ball that causes 273 to 333 Fire damage and an additional 75 damage over 10 sec.
Equip: Deals 5 Fire damage to anyone who strikes you with a melee attack.
Sells for 33 Gold 26 Silver 23 Copper to vendors
Item Level 80

Of course, the dagger on that same loot page ...
Quote:Death's Sting
Binds when picked up
Unique
One-Hand              Dagger
101-152 Damage    Speed 1.90
(66.6 damage per second)
+10 Stamina
Requires Level 60
Equip: +38 Attack Power
Equip: Increased Daggers +3.

... makes Thunderfury's base DPS look piddly. Of course, Thunderfury procs ~30% which translates to over 47 DPS just from Thunderfury proccing off melee attacks. There's claims on the test server that it's been nerfed though, so that it can only proc off regular/skill attacks, instead of other procs. Still shady on the whole details of that.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Looking at the names of those weapons and the way they are aimed, my best guess is that they are class quest rewards.

A druid in caster meleeing with that = still not intimidating

If a warrior or rogue can obtain that mace.....
/gquit
fequit

but I really don't think that will happen. It is either restricted to druids or a typo.

Course, I haven't been right that often lately.

And the thing that makes Thunderfury absolutly godly is the -25% attack speed that works on nearly all bosses(or so I've heard). The rogues that have it do so because when the bindings first started dropping, nobody knew what they were for.
oldmandennis,Nov 28 2005, 12:17 AM Wrote:And the thing that makes Thunderfury absolutly godly is the -25% attack speed that works on nearly all bosses(or so I've heard).  The rogues that have it do so because when the bindings first started dropping, nobody knew what they were for.
[right][snapback]95866[/snapback][/right]

Right, that's why Rogues absolutely destroy the damage charts with Thunderfury equipped :blink:

That's also why one guild has it with 1 Warrior and 2 Rogues ...

Of course, as I said, people are claiming the proc has been nerfed. Meaning you get the benefit of the attack speed debuff less often.
Sure enough ...

daelo Wrote:The rather high DPS on the Blessed Qiraj War Hammer is a bug. It'll come down to something normal before the patch goes live.

Daelo
Game Designer
Mirajj,Nov 24 2005, 08:48 PM Wrote:Yes, which is what amuses me a little. Folks are looking at the loot, and forgetting that the 40 man raid is supposed to be the next big dungeon after BWL. The items from it are now known as the "tier 3" set. I'm not sure if Blizz has come out and said this, but I've heard it bandied about, and it makes sense to me.

The 20 man AQ is supposed to be MC difficulty...for 20 people. For those in BWL gear or better, it probably won't be that rough, though for "us", I think it'll be a challenge. But witih nice rewards. ;)
[right][snapback]95751[/snapback][/right]

Actually, from what Blizzard has said, A'Q 40 is s'posed to be about on par with BWL with the end boss being harder than Nefarion, but, the early Bosses in A'Q should be doable by people that have run MC like us (basically the early bosses are on par with MC bosses).
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Quark,Nov 28 2005, 12:02 PM Wrote:Sure enough ...

daelo Wrote:The rather high DPS on the Blessed Qiraj War Hammer is a bug. It'll come down to something normal before the patch goes live.

Daelo
Game Designer
[right][snapback]95885[/snapback][/right]

My understanding is that it's also a druid-only quest reward item.
MongoJerry,Nov 28 2005, 04:49 PM Wrote:My understanding is that it's also a druid-only quest reward item.

I've heard in the forums that any caster (at least, if not everybody) can get the quest. Someone stated a priest had gotten the quest. I think it's safe to say we should take what people are saying with a grain of salt until all the details are known.
If it did have 130 DPS ... I'd fire up my Inner Fire, get some melee stat gear and go pound stuff :D
"Just as individuals are born, mature, breed and die, so do societies, civilizations and governments."
Muad'Dib - Children of Dune