Air essences what a pain
OK so I decided to have all three pieces of the Stormshroud set made . Only 8 air essences and 8 water essences , after checking prices on AH , around 18g per air essence I decide to venture to Silithus and farm these babies , can't be to bad , can it ? OMG I had decided I would farm the essences until finished , a mistake ? well yes , but oh boy am I glad that is over and done with . Day 1 after somewhere in the region of 2-3 hours 5 water essences where tucked up safe in my pouch , I then decide to do a few air essence , a few , hehe .
I started off with 0 rep with the Hydraxian waterlords , 8 solid hours later I decide to stop , my eyes are feeling somewhat grainy , with a grand total of 2 air essence . Next day again in the region of around 8 hours could be slightly longer , my eyes are bleeding so I decide enough is enough 2 Air essence , well actually it was 3 counting that rare elite "Huricanian" he was nice enough to drop one :) . Day 3 went much the same has the last 2 days , a few stops in between stocking up on food for my pet and buying ammo , also the odd racing to get to each elemental before the competitors , well it did bring some excitement to this horribly dull task . Again something in the region of around 8 hours pass , my eyes have fallen out one by one and bouncing merrily down the stairs , but I own . yes you guessed it , 2 air essence , woot 7 air essence altogether . I'm afraid day 4 came and went without much hoohaa on the air essence front , I decided enough is enough , all enjoyment of the game had died somewhat , so with a little frustration , I bought the last one making some soul 18 gold the richer . The 3 remaining water essence were found in pretty short order and I had my stormshroud set made , boy I never want another set .
Oh and the Hydraxian waterlords , well , more than halfway through friendly at 5 rep per kill is not too bad , thats quite a few hundred elementals killed :)
My purpose of this post was to make you wait , yes hang on if you can "sniff" I hear the next patch that the rate of air essence drops is being upped , aaargh , my eyes , my eyes .
Take care
It is indeed a good change, essences of air are a pain to get. When I needed 4 for my spellpower enchant I just farmed 8 of water and used 4 transmutes on them, it really helped my sanity.
If you're lucky and the Windreaver elite is around, kill the whirling invaders because they have a much higher droprate for EoAir.

Usually he gets wasted quite fast by some groups because he drops the Ace of Elementals.
As a Rogue, there's nothing more annoying to farm than those Air Elementals. I go through Food/Bandages more there than anywhere else.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
And this is why any of the 'Transmute Air to X' alchemy recipes are said to be about as useful as a 'Transmute Arcanite to Copper' recipe would be.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Yesterday Woad got the two Essences of Air she needed in about half an hour. I should add that earlier in the day there were none in two hours. Why should it be easy? I still remember the time I slew Windreaver and won three Essences that he dropped. My bags were full and a mage in the party took them.

By the way the elementals stop giving Hydraxian rep not too far after friendly. Maybe half way to honored.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
2 in a half hour , then I suggest you put the lottery on , and I sincerely doubt you will be able to perform that feat again :P
Take care
LavCat,Nov 25 2005, 01:05 AM Wrote:By the way the elementals stop giving Hydraxian rep not too far after friendly.  Maybe half way to honored.
[right][snapback]95741[/snapback][/right]

This is one of the things being changed in 1.9, though:

Quote:* Reputation caps for killing monsters now happen at the end of a level, rather than in the middle of it. For example: if reputation gains for killing a monster were previously capped at the middle of the range for Friendly on a monster, then they are now capped at the end of Friendly.
You don't know what you're talking about.
lfd,Nov 25 2005, 08:02 AM Wrote:This is one of the things being changed in 1.9, though:
[right][snapback]95774[/snapback][/right]

1.9 wouldn't help. They stop at Friendly on giving rep with the Hydraxians.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Lissa,Nov 25 2005, 12:46 PM Wrote:1.9 wouldn't help.  They stop at Friendly on giving rep with the Hydraxians.
[right][snapback]95783[/snapback][/right]

They stopped halfway through friendly, I thought? Which with 1.9 means they stop when you hit Honored.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Raven Vale,Nov 25 2005, 06:34 AM Wrote:2 in a half hour , then I suggest you put the lottery on , and I sincerely doubt you will be able to perform that feat again :P
[right][snapback]95768[/snapback][/right]

As I said, earlier in the day Woad had farmed for two hours and had not gotten even one.

I don't know if it makes a difference but when she came back to the area the second time, Windreaver had just been killed by someone. There were still lots of Invaders in the area. Though I am pretty sure the two essences she got were not dropped by Invaders.

The two essences in question are now part of a +15 agility enchant on her Tooth of Erikanus.
Quark,Nov 25 2005, 10:53 AM Wrote:They stopped halfway through friendly, I thought?  Which with 1.9 means they stop when you hit Honored.
[right][snapback]95784[/snapback][/right]

Nope, when Lissanna was down there farming for Essence of Air, rep for the Hydraxian stopped upon reaching friendly. I continued looking for my last essence of air for a while, but rep never went up after reaching friendly.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
LavCat,Nov 25 2005, 11:37 AM Wrote:The two essences in question are now part of a +15 agility enchant on her Tooth of Erikanus.
[right][snapback]95787[/snapback][/right]

Cool, I'm not the only one who calls "Eranikus" "Erakinus"

Erakinus sounds better, and that should be his name :P
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
You mean they stop at the end of friendly just before honoured , not at friendly ? I am around halfway through friendly from 0 rep farming for those essences .
Take care
Concillian,Nov 25 2005, 08:40 PM Wrote:Cool, I'm not the only one who calls "Eranikus" "Erakinus"

Erakinus sounds better, and that should be his name  :P
[right][snapback]95799[/snapback][/right]

Because I am somewhat dyslexic I did not trust to memory for the spelling. I actually brought up the "Tooth of Eranikus" on my screen so that when I posted I could copy and compare the spelling. Looked the same to me.
LavCat,Nov 26 2005, 02:23 PM Wrote:Because I am somewhat dyslexic I did not trust to memory for the spelling.  I actually brought up the "Tooth of Eranikus" on my screen so that when I posted I could copy and compare the spelling.  Looked the same to me.
[right][snapback]95823[/snapback][/right]

For a while I was actually calling my "Essence of Eranikus" "Essence of Erakinus", much to the confusion of my partymates on Teamspeak.