Paladin 1.9 Talant Trees
Rinnhart,Nov 26 2005, 01:09 AM Wrote:Oh, but now we can skip the enchants and just get + stats on our boots! BEST TALENT EVER.
[right][snapback]95803[/snapback][/right]

Which begs the question why they didn't bother to just make the talant itself give +7 Stamina.
Thanks Chesspiece for reposting, and GG for the hackjob pictures.

savaughn,Nov 24 2005, 05:01 PM Wrote:Taking a wild guess, whoever did the warrior/hunter/druid revisions was off sick and they had their warlock guy work on it.[right][snapback]95678[/snapback][/right]
This made me laugh at first, but then stop and think, because I know it's true.

Rinnhart is right too:
Rinnhart,Nov 24 2005, 07:08 PM Wrote:GOD HELP THE GAME IF PALADINS EVER CONTROL MORE THAN THEIR BLADDERS.[right][snapback]95685[/snapback][/right]
:(
Grayfox 60 Paladin <The Basin> Miner/Armoursmith
They've done some further tweaking, most significantly they switched Consecration and Sanctity Aura and then shuffled around the Holy tree, again (putting illumination and divine favor even further down the tree, though consecration is now a tier 3 talent, which is nice).

They also made Benediction reduce the mana cost of all seals and judgements by 15% at max rank. Definately better than imp. BoM, now.

Overall, it's just painful to invest talent points. Nothing's overwhelmingly better, which is good, but builds don't stand out from one another, either. The lack of new triggered abilities or at least talents that significantly effect the seal/judgement system is probably the most glaring problem. Great, we've got lots, and lots, of passive #$%&, but at the end of the day, the class still plays exactly the same way regardless of build.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Rinnhart,Dec 3 2005, 01:18 PM Wrote:They've done some further tweaking, most significantly they switched Consecration and Sanctity Aura and then shuffled around the Holy tree, again (putting illumination and divine favor even further down the tree, though consecration is now a tier 3 talent, which is nice).

They also made Benediction reduce the mana cost of all seals and judgements by 15% at max rank. Definately better than imp. BoM, now.

Overall, it's just painful to invest talent points. Nothing's overwhelmingly better, which is good, but builds don't stand out from one another, either. The lack of new triggered abilities or at least talents that significantly effect the seal/judgement system is probably the most glaring problem. Great, we've got lots, and lots, of passive #$%&, but at the end of the day, the class still plays exactly the same way regardless of build.
[right][snapback]96210[/snapback][/right]

Not to mention that they reduced overall damage for Seal of Command and created a situation in which you have to use about 30 times more mana than before to do the same damage (400 mana every 8 seconds instead of 55 every 30).
Xukuth,Dec 4 2005, 10:52 PM Wrote:Not to mention that they reduced overall damage for Seal of Command and created a situation in which you have to use about 30 times more mana than before to do the same damage (400 mana every 8 seconds instead of 55 every 30).
[right][snapback]96262[/snapback][/right]

I've actually found my build to have been boosted exceptionally. At the moment my tentative 1.9 build is going to be 11/35/5. I think the real gain for paladins, at least in the PvE area is in their ability to throw out consistant "AoE" damage. With Consecration a T3 talant now it is possible to get it without putting a dent in your other talant choices. (although i believe people have a point that it could easily be made a class skill instead of a talant) The addition of damage on block from BoSanc corresponding with Holy Shield throws out a lot of damage.

My main stratagy has just been to put up Aura of Retribution, Blessing of Sanctuary and seal/judge wisdom. Most of my gear is green with a couple lightforge items and i can Easily take on 8-10 50-52 undead near chillwind point at a time. I don't use any of the specific undead abilities just gather them all up and drop consecrations and holy shields while i judge wisdom and keep the seal up. Depending on how many I have on me and if i feel i need to heal during the fight (normally i don't even have to heal) I can go through them all with 75% mana.
Chesspiece_face,Dec 4 2005, 11:33 PM Wrote:I've actually found my build to have been boosted exceptionally.&nbsp; At the moment my tentative 1.9 build is going to be 11/35/5.&nbsp; I think the real gain for paladins, at least in the PvE area is in their ability to throw out consistant "AoE" damage.&nbsp; With Consecration a T3 talant now it is possible to get it without putting a dent in your other talant choices.&nbsp; (although i believe people have a point that it could easily be made a class skill instead of a talant)&nbsp; The addition of damage on block from BoSanc corresponding with Holy Shield throws out a lot of damage.

My main stratagy has just been to put up Aura of Retribution, Blessing of Sanctuary and seal/judge wisdom.&nbsp; Most of my gear is green with a couple lightforge items and i can Easily take on 8-10 50-52 undead near chillwind point at a time.&nbsp; I don't use any of the specific undead abilities just gather them all up and drop consecrations and holy shields while i judge wisdom and keep the seal up.&nbsp; Depending on how many I have on me and if i feel i need to heal during the fight (normally i don't even have to heal) I can go through them all with 75% mana.
[right][snapback]96269[/snapback][/right]

Running a build similar to my live 8/31/11, I noticed a drastic increase in efficiency over 1.8 while using a one hander and righteousness simply due to the staggering number of double procs off judgement of light or wisdom. Great, an already efficient PvE class is now even more so.

That was never a problem.

PvP, however, we can now actively dump most of our mana in spam fests that might do 2-3 thousand damage, if we get some high crits. It's pitiful. Yeah, a paladin who opens with a couple lucky command procs might actually have a chance of finishing you off, but we're still dependant upon crits and procs for MOST of our damage.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Rinnhart,Dec 5 2005, 02:43 AM Wrote:Running a build similar to my live 8/31/11, I noticed a drastic increase in efficiency over 1.8 while using a one hander and righteousness simply due to the staggering number of double procs off judgement of light or wisdom. Great, an already efficient PvE class is now even more so.

That was never a problem.

PvP, however, we can now actively dump most of our mana in spam fests that might do 2-3 thousand damage, if we get some high crits. It's pitiful. Yeah, a paladin who opens with a couple lucky command procs might actually have a chance of finishing you off, but we're still dependant upon crits and procs for MOST of our damage.
[right][snapback]96271[/snapback][/right]

As far as i'm concerned the issues with paladin PvP are not the effectiveness of our damage it's the way PvP in WoW is played. I think a good analogy would be to have the los angelas lakers and then tell them that they could only shoot with their feet. The rules of Battleground PvP essencially pidgeonholes us right out of 80% of what we can offer to our team, leaving us with standing back and trying to heal. The problem is that PvP is far too structured and organized on a design level. With this high of an organization of how pvp works even before you add players into the mix it's gauranteed that people that are going to be the most effective in that environment are the characters and classes that are fully focused on one single job.

As fun as a WSG or AB match is, in theory, i think the reality of these modes of PvP is that they cannot maintain the interest of the PvP-centric portion of the MMO population. The majority of people that are doing pvp now are doing it just to grind out faction or honor. sure there are some people that do it for the fun of the match, but most people that like the idea of a WSG or AB game will join the queue and see 1-2 hour waits and say EFF this. The solution is to create a more fluid evolutional PvP environment. Blizzard used to say that they were planning on implementing World PvP nodes much like those in an AB match that people could fight to control for some benifit to their side. this is the type of environment that will keep people PvPing and also the type that will foster emergant play styles. When you simplfy the "rules" it expands the routes in which one can use to be successful. In such an environment many more of the paladins natural abilities would become useful.