Upcoming 1.9 Changes
Tseric Wrote:  After consideration and review of current mechanics and player feedback, the spell Conjure Crystal Water will be changed in patch 1.9 to generate 10 waters per cast. Hopefully, this will cut down tedium for Mages in raid preparation and other related aspects of the game.

May your cup runneth over...

Good!

Eyonix Wrote:We've been reviewing the set bonuses offered from wearing multiple pieces of the tier 1 and tier 2 class sets which drop from Molten Core, Blackwing Lair and Onyxia's Lair. Listed below are some of the changes and improvements players can expect to see when the next patch goes live.

Arcanist

5 Piece: Changed to Fire, Frost, and Arcane spell penetration.

3 Piece: Changed to +spell damage for all schools

Netherwind:

5 Piece: Added Arcane explosion to the radius improvement.

3 Piece: Added Scorch to the threat reduction. The threat reduction for fireball has been changed to apply more to the initial damage.

Transcendence:

8 Piece: The heal over time bonus is now its own spell category, and will not be overwritten by Renew.

Felheart:

5 Piece: The health bonus for pets has been changed to a stamina bonus.

3 Piece: The bonus now affects Mana Drain as well, and has been increased to 15%.

Nemesis:

3 Piece: The Enslave Demon improvement has been replaced with +spell damage for all schools.

Cenarion:

8 Piece: The bonus now reduces the cooldown on Tranquility and Hurricane by 50%.

5 Piece: The critical hit bonus now applies to all spells.

3 Piece: The duration of Thorns now receives a 50% bonus as well.

Stormrage:

3 Piece: The shapeshifting bonus has been replaced with 15% mana regeneration while casting.

Bloodfang:

8 Piece: The rate of procs has been decreased slightly.

Giantstalker:

3 Piece: In addition to increasing range, this bonus will increase Mend Pet's effect by 10% and reduce cost by 30%.

Dragonstalker:

Ten Storms:

8 Piece: The Lightning Shield proc will now work with shorter casting time Lesser Healing Wave as well as Healing Wave.

5 Piece: The critical hit spell bonus has been increased to 3%.

Lawbringer:

5 Piece: The blessings bonus has been replaced with +1% melee and spell critical hit chance.

Judgement:

5 Piece: The reduction in mana cost of seals has been replaced with +damage to spells and healing.

In addition, many of the pieces from the Tier 2 Armor sets have received updated statistics. The armor sets with the most extensive changes include the Netherwind, Nemesis, and Judgement sets. Other sets received fewer revisions, or none at all.

Edit: That's better ;)

Soo ... Mage, Priest, Warlock, Druid, Hunter, Shaman, Paladin buffs. Nothing for Warriors. Rogues? Nerf, keeping up with the theme of at least one Rogue nerf in every patch.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Fact: Casting dps wearing the Stormrage set is less than that while wearing Wildheart.

I truly hope they're revamping Stormrage with +dam/healing instead of straight +healing, otherwise they're going against the recent efforts of encouraging diversity within the class.
See you in Town,
-Z
Zarathustra,Nov 22 2005, 05:05 PM Wrote:Fact:  Casting dps wearing the Stormrage set is less than that while wearing Wildheart.

I truly hope they're revamping Stormrage with +dam/healing instead of straight +healing, otherwise they're going against the recent efforts of encouraging diversity within the class.
[right][snapback]95549[/snapback][/right]

It's expected, as the tier 1 and 2 epic sets are primarily geared to make you better at 40 man raids. I empathize though :(. The three hybrid classes get pigeon-holed as healers with little options otherwise. I hope future instances give them more diversified gear (I'm thinking we may see this, the ZG and misc loot added over the last couple patches are leaning that way).
I agree, it's unfortunate that in 40 man raids the hybids are always support/buff/healers. It would be interesting do see them design an encounter otherwise.

Until that changes for a serious number of encounters, the items that drop in 40 man raids should increase your performance in 40 man raids. According to the item budget formula, you would have to trade about 2 points of healing for 1 point all spells, which is probably not worth it.

About Stormrage vs Wildheart, I don't know how to do the math, but I'm pretty sure that 2% crit is better then 21 focus. Also, you could try the AB set, which also provides 2% spell crit.

The ZG set provides 2% crit to wrath and 5% to Starfire.
Quark,Nov 22 2005, 09:31 PM Wrote:Soo ... Mage, Priest, Warlock, Druid, Hunter, Shaman, Paladin buffs.
[right][snapback]95543[/snapback][/right]

How on earth can you call what is, at best, a bugfix to something that might minorly inconvenience full-tier-2-set-wearing priests a "priest buff"? :)

This just confirms that Blizzard thinks the priest class and itemisation is working as intended. Le sigh.
You don't know what you're talking about.
this is old and uverused, but it's actually true now:

http://synapse.redphive.org/wow/fixedtier2.jpg

:P
BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!
Quote:Arcanist

Depending on the actual values, Kateley's equipment plan may have just changed.

Kateley - Gnome Mage --- 60
Collector and connoisseur of fine keys, bags, trinkets and all things mooncloth
Covet! ... Covet! ... Covet! ... Covet!
WildFire,Nov 22 2005, 07:01 PM Wrote:
Quote:Arcanist

Depending on the actual values, Kateley's equipment plan may have just changed.
[right][snapback]95564[/snapback][/right]
Geez!! Lochnar is going to have to give up an extra 15 seconds on his polymorph to get this change?? NERF!!

:lol: :lol: I'm sure Lochnar is doing the happy dance in the IF bank right now! :lol: :lol:

Dozer,Nov 22 2005, 06:53 PM Wrote:this is old and uverused, but it's actually true now:
http://synapse.redphive.org/wow/fixedtier2.jpg

:P
[right][snapback]95562[/snapback][/right]
:lol: The hard part now is going to be getting the water guy to deliver to us mages in the middle of MC!
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Quark,Nov 22 2005, 04:31 PM Wrote:Soo ... Mage, Priest, Warlock, Druid, Hunter, Shaman, Paladin buffs.  Nothing for Warriors.  Rogues?  Nerf, keeping up with the theme of at least one Rogue nerf in every patch.
[right][snapback]95543[/snapback][/right]

The hell you say? They're doing this the RIGHT way, which is by buffing the other classes and keeping playstyle the same for the two that they think are more powerful. Christ, the only other alterative to this is to actually nerf them, and leave the others the same.

I, for one, am happy that they're going this route.
castille,Nov 23 2005, 11:41 AM Wrote:The hell you say? They're doing this the RIGHT way, which is by buffing the other classes and keeping playstyle the same for the two that they think are more powerful. Christ, the only other alterative to this is to actually nerf them, and leave the others the same.

I, for one, am happy that they're going this route.
[right][snapback]95592[/snapback][/right]

The frustration you see from Rogues is simple. Are we top DPS still? Yeah. But every patch gives some class improved DPS, Warriors to the point that they could keep up pretty well. Each of these classes getting improved DPS has alternative roles. Rogues? We do damage, that's it. In addition, Rogue DPS is the most dangerous DPS. How often does a Hunter need healing/bandaging from Golemagg?

Meanwhile, every single patch has nerfed us in someway or another. In the best patch for Rogues - when they changed AP to benefit Backstab/Ambush more, dagger rogues caught up to sword rogues in damage. The nerf? They made stealth break in more ways, in addition to taking Ambush out of Lethality (can't have a buff for Rogues be too good now!).

You can say all you want about class balance this, class balance that ... but the simple fact is, you'd be frustrated too if you got nerfed every patch.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
LochnarITB,Nov 22 2005, 10:17 PM Wrote:I'm sure Lochnar is doing the happy dance in the IF bank right now!
[right][snapback]95578[/snapback][/right]
Well, given the patch notes for the 1.9 test patch, Lochnar is crying in a bottle of his 4 per cast crystal water. He is trying to console himself with the knowledge that he does still have 15 extra seconds on his polymorph. :(
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Quark,Nov 23 2005, 11:30 AM Wrote:The frustration you see from Rogues is simple.  Are we top DPS still?  Yeah.  But every patch gives some class improved DPS, Warriors to the point that they could keep up pretty well.  Each of these classes getting improved DPS has alternative roles.  Rogues?  We do damage, that's it.  In addition, Rogue DPS is the most dangerous DPS.  How often does a Hunter need healing/bandaging from Golemagg?

Meanwhile, every single patch has nerfed us in someway or another.  In the best patch for Rogues - when they changed AP to benefit Backstab/Ambush more, dagger rogues caught up to sword rogues in damage.  The nerf?  They made stealth break in more ways, in addition to taking Ambush out of Lethality (can't have a buff for Rogues be too good now!).

You can say all you want about class balance this, class balance that ... but the simple fact is, you'd be frustrated too if you got nerfed every patch.
[right][snapback]95595[/snapback][/right]

hey! You guys get to pick lockboxes open, too! It's the Mystery Loot! oOoOoOooOoo
Quark,Nov 23 2005, 09:30 AM Wrote:The frustration you see from Rogues is simple.  Are we top DPS still?  Yeah.  But every patch gives some class improved DPS, Warriors to the point that they could keep up pretty well.  Each of these classes getting improved DPS has alternative roles.  Rogues?  We do damage, that's it.  In addition, Rogue DPS is the most dangerous DPS.  How often does a Hunter need healing/bandaging from Golemagg?

Meanwhile, every single patch has nerfed us in someway or another.  In the best patch for Rogues - when they changed AP to benefit Backstab/Ambush more, dagger rogues caught up to sword rogues in damage.  The nerf?  They made stealth break in more ways, in addition to taking Ambush out of Lethality (can't have a buff for Rogues be too good now!).

[right][snapback]95595[/snapback][/right]

This is why Warlocks tend to be bent up balls of angst... We always get nerfed somehow each patch, even when they say we're getting buffed (although 1.9 is shaping up to be a major nerf to Warlocks due to the sheer number of nerfs on many, many fronts).
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.