Ahn Qiraj
Blizzard surprises us with a new epic, pre-expansion Xmas gift [Image: infernal.gif]

[Image: 2202.jpg]

Quote:The War of the Shifting Sands

Since the beginning of recorded history, Azeroth has seen the most terrible conflicts imaginable. The War of the Ancients and the Sundering of the World. The coming of the Tides of Darkness. The return of the Burning Legion, the Scourge of Lordaeron and the rise of the Lich King. Yet all this time, deep beneath the shifting sands of Silithus, an unspeakable horror has been lying in wait, ever patient, ever enduring. Evil is stirring where mortals were never meant to tread...

To learn more about the fate awaiting the inhabitants of Azeroth, delve into the history of The War of the Shifting Sands. The page also includes more screenshots of Ahn'Qiraj and the official "The Gate of Ahn'Qiraj - Patch 1.9" wallpaper.
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Bandwidth theft is bad. Can you upload the images to your own server or just do links please?
Tal,Nov 18 2005, 09:18 PM Wrote:Bandwidth theft is bad. Can you upload the images to your own server or just do links please?
[right][snapback]95278[/snapback][/right]
Huh? These are Blizzard server links.
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
nobbie,Nov 18 2005, 03:04 PM Wrote:Huh? These are Blizzard server links.
[right][snapback]95286[/snapback][/right]

It's still costing Blizzard money for those images to be brought to this site from theirs. Blizzard still pays for Bandwidth, they just have a lot of it and linking directly to the images is still stealing their bandwidth.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
nobbie,Nov 18 2005, 03:48 PM Wrote:Blizzard surprises us with a new epic, pre-expansion Xmas gift [Image: infernal.gif]
[right][snapback]95274[/snapback][/right]

And here I thought Ahn'Qiraj was the capital of the Ahl'Askah zone.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
And that is why we keep playin
nobbie,Nov 18 2005, 04:48 PM Wrote:Blizzard surprises us with a new epic, pre-expansion Xmas gift [Image: infernal.gif]
[right][snapback]95274[/snapback][/right]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a thousand years ago Staghelm was not yet the Arch Druid. And it's not much of a magical barrier since you can walk around it.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Bun-Bun,Nov 18 2005, 05: Wrote:And here I thought Ahn'Qiraj was the capital of the Ahl'Askah zone.
[right][snapback]95290[/snapback][/right]
Oh Bun. :lol: It took me two reads to get it, but hehehehehe.
Intolerant monkey.
Bun-Bun,Nov 18 2005, 01: Wrote:And here I thought Ahn'Qiraj was the capital of the Ahl'Askah zone.
[right][snapback]95290[/snapback][/right]

Largest city, not capitol.
Boutros,Nov 19 2005, 04:02 AM Wrote:Largest city, not capitol.
[right][snapback]95310[/snapback][/right]

Juneau a lot of geography!

I remembered that after posting but decided against letting facts getting in the way of wordplay. :)
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Treesh,Nov 19 2005, 01:52 AM Wrote:Oh Bun.  :lol: It took me two reads to get it, but hehehehehe.
[right][snapback]95309[/snapback][/right]

I'm ashamed to admit that I still haven't gotten it. :/
Tal,Nov 19 2005, 10:58 AM Wrote:I'm ashamed to admit that I still haven't gotten it. :/
[right][snapback]95320[/snapback][/right]
You have to say it outloud and probably mispronounce AhnQiraj but "Anchorage, Alaska".
Intolerant monkey.
Is it really stealing in this case?

Blizz doesnt ask you not to do it, and its essentially supported by their add budget, it seems that in this case shoeing the pics acomplishes their goal.

I could be wrong of course.
Ghostiger,Nov 19 2005, 11:29 AM Wrote:Is it really stealing in this case?

Blizz doesnt ask you not to do it, and its essentially supported by their add budget, it seems that in this case shoeing the pics acomplishes their goal.

I could be wrong of course.
[right][snapback]95323[/snapback][/right]

While they haven't blocked hotlinking to these pictures on the server level they have asked fan sites in the past to not hotlink to pictures. This policy may have changed recently but I tend to err on the side of caution.
Treesh,Nov 19 2005, 11:03 AM Wrote:You have to say it outloud and probably mispronounce AhnQiraj but "Anchorage, Alaska".
[right][snapback]95321[/snapback][/right]

Oh my that is awful. Thanks for the /assist Treesh. :D

Keep up the good work Bun! :P
It usually more of a problem if people use the pics as their sights graphics.
Its probably not an issue in a thread where the newly released pics themselves are the topic.

I can see playing it safe and taking the link down, but I cant see calling nobbie a thief.

Ghostiger,Nov 19 2005, 01:06 PM Wrote:It usually more of a problem if people use the pics as their sights graphics.
Its probably not an issue in a thread where the newly released pics themselves are the topic.[right][snapback]95335[/snapback][/right]

Thank you for your opinion.

Ghostiger,Nov 19 2005, 01:06 PM Wrote:I can see playing it safe and taking the link down, but I cant see calling nobbie a thief.
[right][snapback]95335[/snapback][/right]

My apologies to Nobbie if he felt I called him a thief. Rest assured that wasn't my intention. My intention was to demonstrate that hotlinking, otherwise known as inline linking, was a bad thing.
I've now inserted an illustrating image that is linked to the site of people I know very well ;)
Ghostiger,Nov 19 2005, 12:29 PM Wrote:Blizz doesnt ask you not to do it
[right][snapback]95323[/snapback][/right]

When's the last time you aasked your neighbor not to let himself into your home and help himself to a cup of sugar while you were out?
Darian Redwin - just some dude now