WoW + Jeapardy
The following answer showed up on Jeapardy the other night (for their college edition):

"This role-playing game out in 2004 returns to the "World" of Azeroth, where heroes like Leeroy Jenkins do battle."

I laughed myself silly!

And no, when Alex read it, he didn't say "LEEEEROOOOOOOOOY JAAAAAAAANKINS!" :P
savaughn,Nov 17 2005, 10:19 PM Wrote:The following answer showed up on Jeapardy the other night (for their college edition):

"This role-playing game out in 2004 returns to the "World" of Azeroth, where heroes like Leeroy Jenkins do battle."

I laughed myself silly!

And no, when Alex read it, he didn't say "LEEEEROOOOOOOOOY  JAAAAAAAANKINS!"  :P
[right][snapback]95203[/snapback][/right]
Also, just this afternoon, they had a category that some here might recognize - "More Cowbell" :lol:
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
LochnarITB,Nov 18 2005, 07:11 PM Wrote:Also, just this afternoon, they had a category that some here might recognize - "More Cowbell" :lol:
[right][snapback]95294[/snapback][/right]

Me recognize More Cowbell? I don't have a guild named that or anything of the sort! :)

I laught heartily at that as well as Leeroy Jenkins being part of Jeopardy. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Linkage

Aww someone beat me to it in making this post. I laughed so hard... they picked Leeroy out of everyone to describe the game? :D
savaughn,Nov 18 2005, 12:19 AM Wrote:The following answer showed up on Jeapardy the other night (for their college edition):

I laughed myself silly!

And no, when Alex read it, he didn't say "LEEEEROOOOOOOOOY  JAAAAAAAANKINS!"  :P
[right][snapback]95203[/snapback][/right]
I laughed myself silly as well. I saw the one before that as well, something having to do with the "covenant," which of course everyone knows is Halo. I was sitting in the cafeteria at the time, and just happened to look up for the question. Unfortunately it was loud and I didn't realize nobody got the question right. How anyone on a college campus can NOT know about WoW is beyond me (especially not have seen the Leeroy clip--that's like not seeing the numa numa dance or the jedi-kid).

Its just too bad the NC State guy didn't bet more on the final answer, then we would have won something after a stunningly horrible football season.
What is the judicial system coming to when child molesters get 5 years and cottage cheese gets 30.
Pantalaimon,Nov 18 2005, 06:24 PM Wrote:Linkage

Aww someone beat me to it in making this post.  I laughed so hard... they picked Leeroy out of everyone to describe the game?  :D
[right][snapback]95302[/snapback][/right]
Nobody got the answer! :blink: