Screwed up internet
My net connection is about 300 baud right now. No WoW for me. Hope someone sees this before the raid tonight.

Sigh
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Well, I see it, but seeing as I'm still at work, that's not much use to anyone, sadly! :P
Ick!!!! That blows!
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
Gnollguy,Nov 17 2005, 06:13 PM Wrote:My net connection is about 300 baud right now.  No WoW for me.  Hope someone sees this before the raid tonight.

Sigh
[right][snapback]95191[/snapback][/right]

OK so I forgot to post again.

This happened on Thursday. We actually had no internet or phone (same provider) from 9am to 5pm central (6pm Server time hence the me being rather late and rushing the post on the BWL strat). When the net came back up it was like a 300 baud modem, even after a few cable modem resets, so I turned off image loading in the web browser shut down scripts, basically turned off everything and hit here and the CA BWL sign up thread to post that it looked like I was not going to be on and that BWL might have to be canceled.

I did another cable modem reset and I was getting decent speeds again. 1/3 the speed that I'm paying for that it was still 1Mbit down/ 256 Kbit up which is not bad, but that was only for one system. I'm supposed to get 3 routable IP addresses. Since I wasn't I dug the router out of storage, hooked it up and got both Treesh and I online via it.

We then made it into Blackwing Lair and have been running like that ever since. Phone service was still down and they'll have someone out here today to fix it. I didn't really press the phone issue with them because well I was happy it wasn't ringing. :) But yeah we are back up after being down for awhile. We'll get a small refund on the next bill.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.