5 paladins take on Scarlet Strat
So as you may know on November 1st, 5 paladins from the avarice alliance entered Scarlet Strat and took down every mob they faced. Sure we wiped on Timmy once and I didn't get the video of us getting our revenge either and there were some other wipes but it was fun and we were still figuring things out.

There is also another earlier part where we kill Fras but it appears I used a different audio setting when I did my compression from the raw 1 to 4 gig files (I had 29 gigs of fraps capture) fraps made down to the 100 MB file (which was then edited down to 50MB when I did the rough content editing) I haven't redone that file to get the same audio bit rate as the other files were so it isn't joined onto them I'll get it uploaded eventually and edit the link in there is a good use of turn undead in it.

The file is called firstcut for a reason. I went through selecting keyframes and cut dead time and some of the middle parts of some combat. I left all the good moments I could in tact, consecrate spamming of traps at the beginning, hammer of wrath for smacking down runners, a great res scene and of course the only way 5 paladins can end a run. :)

Some of the cuts are very choppy because I was hacking for size and you don't need 8 copies of the same thing. Some of it is because that is when I started recording footage or accidentally stopped recording footage. I know the timmy wipe was because I didn't get recording till he was at like 40% health but you get to see him kill us all.

All my chat windows are up all the time and you get to see some really bad play from me at times too (you'll note I don't have my defiance aura up in one fight that came after a wipe). The final battle is there without cuts until he is dead then there is cut just before we loot him.

The video starts with our brave crew of Balador (DPS monkey), Grayfox (healer), Bevock (utility), Sharanna (tank), and Katrin (DPS monkey) opening a trapped gate and spamming consecrate to kill all the little rats. We had one member not make it through the gates but it was all good.

Next we kill a pack of undead and there is much holy wratch, exorcism and consecrate. After killing a few more undead that you don't see on film we come in on the end of a a conjurer, guardsman and some worms from a bad box fight. There is a cut for size in this fight too.

You get to see a few pulls of the scarlets at the end of the tunnel, these fights are mostly edited to take out the middle. They all pretty much went the same way, the only difference was we had to cycle the pulls for various linken boomerang cooldowns. :)

Timmy munches us thanks to some bad play on my part, not watching my health bar and while we zoned back in and killed him I didn't get any footage of that. :(

Next you get to see the first 4 pull of the humanoids past the door. Our stun as CC method is shown I do edit out part of the middle of the fight.

We get a couple more of the 4 pulls back into the entry chamber (one really bad cut from me stopping recording at one point) these fights are also cut short.

Next is the fight with Malor the Zealous again I cut the middle of the fight out.

The next fight is just a 4 pull that goes bad and Sharanna dies. I did a cut on it it seems but I didn't mean too as there were some good moments and good play as we regrouped to take them down without our tank.

We then lead into us coming back from a wipe from the monk and Gallahnt groups and you get to see a little discussion of the stun as CC strats. This fight is also hack edited.

The next pull was supposed to go the same way but I pulled early and we lost target focus there is a cut to the DI at the end and a bizarre edit on the rezzes. :)

Next fight is what remains of that pull badly cut again.

Then there is another standard pull again middle of fight cut, but it has some fun HoJ shots at the end.

We then go to Archivist Galford. I cut from him at 80% to just before me dieing and you get to see another "only with 5 paladins moment".

Finally we go to the full battle with Grand Crusader Gathrohan/Balnazzar. This is a 6 minute fight and the whole thing is there. There is a good 'only with 5 pallys' moment here at about 15:25 into the video as well. You'll note that I didn't cleanse mind control either (bad Balador)

The the run ends in the only way a 5 pally run can end :) While I had the start of the loading screen as the last frame when I was doing edits it doesn't appear that I cut things correctly or that frame was one frame after a key frame (all cuts done at a key fram I'm new to this stuff).

Anyway the 330 MB video is here. It's a poor cut as I mentioned but it's a somewhat fun watch of course that might just be because I was there. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Gnollguy,Nov 16 2005, 12:08 PM Wrote:Finally we go to the full battle with Grand Crusader Gathrohan/Balnazzar.  This is a 6 minute fight and the whole thing is there.  There is a good 'only with 5 pallys' moment here at about 15:25 into the video as well.  You'll note that I didn't cleanse mind control either (bad Balador)

[right][snapback]95058[/snapback][/right]

I'm pretty sure I've tried to cleanse MC in the past and failed. But I do have to say I loved watching that video. :)

"Nothing to it but to die in glorious battle" indeed. :D
Tal,Nov 16 2005, 02:22 PM Wrote:I'm pretty sure I've tried to cleanse MC in the past and failed. But I do have to say I loved watching that video. :)

"Nothing to it but to die in glorious battle" indeed. :D
[right][snapback]95081[/snapback][/right]

Well then maybe my just stun Sharanna plan was the best. :)
---
Gnollguy,Nov 16 2005, 02:33 PM Wrote:Well then maybe my just stun Sharanna plan was the best.  :)
[right][snapback]95083[/snapback][/right]

I got mindcontrolled and stunned a LOT in that fight. :D Having a one hander that has the same dps as most two-handers will do that though. ;)
Oh as a note I was only recording at 25 frames a second. I don't have that much horespower in my system. (XP 2800+, GeForce Ti 4200-8X 128MB, 1.5GB of PC 2700 RAM though I only had 1GB when I was doing the video, and 150 GB (usable 160GB by manufacturers)) 7200 RPM UDMA 133 drive that is a 62GB and 88GB partitions). So it's a decent rig but not super awesome and I need a better video card to record faster I get too much issue with playing if I record more FPS than that.
---