Definitely a hunters item
Too good to not to share with you:

Epic Items found on hunters (Screenies)

http://www.hunterweapon.blogspot.com/

some it really made me cringe
Melisandre: http://ctprofiles.net/371601

I'm not an addict ... maybe that's a lie.
Yawn.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Honestly, most of that gear I have no problem with hunters having it. Arcane damage helps not just arcane shot, but aimed shot too. Intellect is nice for a hunter so they can pump out more specials, mana per 5 seconds is nice for getting back some mana after pumping out all those special shots, resistances are always nice. Yeah, some of the stuff may be better suited for another class (I saw a hat on one of the dwarf hunters that my shaman would love), but what if that class wasn't there or already had it? I've had more than enough about hunters getting crapped on with their gear and their choices for gear. And I'd certainly rather see a hunter roll on something than see it disenchanted into a stupid shard.
Intolerant monkey.
Chill down folks ;)
This was not meant as a serious evidence about hunters going for everything, than rather just funny illustration of just that very cliché. At least in our guild forums we found it funny (our hunters included) :)

Of course, some these items probably only wound up on hunters, because no one else wanted them, and they would have been disenchanted anyway (but some probably not *snicker*)

Sry for having violated some form of political correctness regarding hunters. Should have probably posted some disclaimer stating the above in the first place :P
Melisandre: http://ctprofiles.net/371601

I'm not an addict ... maybe that's a lie.
I found it quite funny but a lot of the times painful. A couple of the screenshots (the Mana Igniting Cord for one) look like character screens, not inspect screens. Looks like a bragging ninja to post something like that up on the internet for this guy to get <_< Gutgore Rippers and OEB are common drops that are eventually sent to the guild Enchanter so seeing a hunter with them isn't a problem.
"Just as individuals are born, mature, breed and die, so do societies, civilizations and governments."
Muad'Dib - Children of Dune
My hunter at lvl 60 is wearing Shadowcraft gloves atm , no one wanted so I took em , way better than what I was wearing and to this day have not been replaced :)
Take care
ima_nerd,Nov 15 2005, 10:00 PM Wrote:I found it quite funny but a lot of the times painful. A couple of the screenshots (the Mana Igniting Cord for one) look like character screens, not inspect screens. Looks like a bragging ninja to post something like that up on the internet for this guy to get&nbsp;
[right][snapback]95007[/snapback][/right]
Actually, what it looks like is faked.

That said, some of the stuff shown is expressly designed for hunters.

I also love it when the PvP warriors bitch up a storm because the raiding hunters get the two handed weapons. Because as we all know, every protection specced main tank is desperate to have a slow two hander for tanking... <_<

And yet... the crowd bitches anyway. *sigh*
My thoughts on the majority of the epics equipped on that single hunter are that she's being used as a mule for now. She's probably an enchanter and, in preparation of the expansion and the better enchanting shards, her guild is passing her all the BoP epics that no one wants to be nuked at a later date.
See you in Town,
-Z
Zarathustra,Nov 16 2005, 07:30 PM Wrote:My thoughts on the majority of the epics equipped on that single hunter are that she's being used as a mule for now.&nbsp; She's probably an enchanter and, in preparation of the expansion and the better enchanting shards, her guild is passing her all the BoP epics that no one wants to be nuked at a later date.
[right][snapback]95120[/snapback][/right]
Or, maybe if Hunter loot drops as seldom for others... They get the dregs of what everyone else has passed by as Treesh suggested.

For anyone, and I mean ANYONE who makes fun of Hunters looking for something to wear, you should go ahead and level one to 60. 90% of the boss drops/quest rewards are Cloth, Plate and Leather. The remaining 10% of mail boss drop/quest rewards are made to benefit... Shamans. We still have core raid Avarice hunters who wear a Felhide Cap. We try like heck to get Beaststalkers, which is as far as I can tell, one of the hardest sets to put together.

”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

kandrathe,Nov 17 2005, 07:21 PM Wrote:The remaining 10% of mail boss drop/quest rewards are made to benefit...&nbsp; Shamans.&nbsp; We still have core raid Avarice hunters who wear a Felhide Cap.&nbsp; We try like heck to get Beaststalkers, which is as far as I can tell, one of the hardest sets to put together.
[right][snapback]95168[/snapback][/right]

Is right. See that Backwood Helm? Takes you all the way to level 60 and a successful DM:West run to get something that good, the rest is just.....poor. Try doing the High Chief Winterfall line and get Willow Band Hauberk with +20 agil, 10 stamina. Oh wait, that's in Winterspring and you have to be almost 60 for THAT.

Kand is spot on with that assessment of gear. Hunters get tired of that joke - we may be versatile, but we HAVE to be with what's on offer. Tired of seeing mail drop with mana regen, spirit and intellect.
[Image: 259402pnMDg.png]
Yep my L60 hunter (he's horde on Terenas many of you don't get to see him) still has a lot of leather on. Wicked Leather Headband for sure right now. Of course I don't have a big problem with wearing leather because I'm a beast master I don't get aggro. But the rogues want it and the druids want it for feral.

I don't mind man/5 and int on mail either, I can run out of mana fast and wish I had more when I'm pumping out the damage but I would rather have agi or attack power. Hunters are kinda like rogues in that attack power and crit is more valuable than agi and dodge. Unless you are a survival hunter with the 15% agi boost talent. But I would take 20 AP over 10 agi on my hunter any day. Shaman get more out of agi than hunters because extra dodge and armor from it is more beneficial for a class in melee range. Same with druids vs rogues on leather. The agi with the bear from armor bonus helps your armor out a lot and since druids can't parry more dodge is good. So same agi as AP rating is better and with more AP from str than rogues get, shadowcraft becomes a better set for feral druids than it is from rogues in some people's opinion.

But there really isn't a lot of hunter loot in the game. So yeah if there is something you can use and no one else wants it, it very well could be better than anything else you've got now or can find anytime soon.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Gort,Nov 17 2005, 03:22 PM Wrote:Is right. See that Backwood Helm? Takes you all the way to level 60 and a successful DM:West run to get something that good, the rest is just.....poor. Try doing the High Chief Winterfall line and get Willow Band Hauberk with +20 agil, 10 stamina. Oh wait, that's in Winterspring and you have to be almost 60 for THAT.

Kand is spot on with that assessment of gear. Hunters get tired of that joke - we may be versatile, but we HAVE to be with what's on offer. Tired of seeing mail drop with mana regen, spirit and intellect.
[right][snapback]95177[/snapback][/right]

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but up until Dire Maul was introduced life was just dismal.

Take an entire instance like Stratholme, and why would hunters want to go there? Beaststalker pants or Cape of the Black Baron off the Baron, Beaststalker's Boots from Nerub'enkan, 2xBone Slicing Hatchet from Maleki the Pallid or possibly 1xPeacemaker from Magistrate Barthilas. I went half a dozen times until getting the Beaststalker items, and a couple Bone Slicing Hatchets. The hatchets were eventually replaced by 2xDawn's Edge (crafted). Other than help others and pump up my AD faction, what does this instance hold for me? Especially live side (scarlet) strat?

I've cajoled people to run LBRS at least 10 times, just for the chance at BS shoulders. No luck. I've run UBRS nearly 25 times with no BS chest. I've run Scholomance at least 15 times with no BS cap. Now, I've just moved on. I'm going to use Black Dragon Scale or Bloodsoul mail shoulders until I get GiantStalkers, I can live with the Ogre Forged Hauberk from DM:N tribute until I get the GS chest. Onyxia dropped me the DS helm and I'm delighted to have it.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

kandrathe,Nov 17 2005, 11:21 AM Wrote:Or, maybe if Hunter loot drops as seldom for others...  They get the dregs of what everyone else has passed by as Treesh suggested.

For anyone, and I mean ANYONE who makes fun of Hunters looking for something to wear, you should go ahead and level one to 60. &nbsp; 90% of the boss drops/quest rewards are Cloth, Plate and Leather.  The remaining 10% of mail boss drop/quest rewards are made to benefit...  Shamans. &nbsp; We still have core raid Avarice hunters who wear a Felhide Cap. &nbsp; We try like heck to get Beaststalkers, which is as far as I can tell, one of the hardest sets to put together.
[right][snapback]95168[/snapback][/right]

One thing though, back in either April or May, Blizzard did start to wise up. They did start putting a lot more mail designed for hunters into the 10 to 15 man instances to compensate for lack of hunter gear previously. Since then, BS has actually become less useful due to the 4 main pieces from DM (Ogre Forge Hauberk, Leggings of Destruction, Backwood Helm, and Warpwood Bindings) along with various crafted or dropped items (bone golem shoulders from Scholo, stratholme militia shoulders from stratholme, BS gloves [nothing better], swift flight bracers which are crafted or the bracers from DM East [can't remember the name right now], BS boots, boots dropped by Kirtonis in Scholo, or the boots dropped by Immol'thar in DM West).

Also, Blizzard seemed to really compensate for Hunters with the introduction of Z'G. The gear that comes out of Z'G for hunters is incredible between dropped items (bloodtinged items - chest, legs, boots; a mini-crown of destruction from Jin'do; Hakkari Warblades - only really useful to Fury Warriors and Hunters, main hand damage is too low for Rogues and Arms/Defense Warriors; The Destroyer of Worlds [never did understand why that was on the list from that website, it has all the earmarks of a true Hunter weapon along with the sword dropped from Azuregos]; and the Jin rings) and crafted items (bloodsoul - gloves and shoulders).
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.