flarecore
After the Ragnaros "attempts" on Stormrage tonight there was talk about getting the casters in flarecore. I wondered what the entire set gives but Thottbot didn't list set stats. I also wondered what the mats were. I thought others might also want to know.

Code:
                r              e         m           s  |       i
                u              n         o           p  |       n              i
                n         e o  c l       o         i d  |  s    t              n    r
                e         s f  h e    t  n         r r  |  t    e    s      r  c s  e
                c    f    s    a a    h  c         o    |  a    l    p      e  r p  s
                l    i c  e f  n t  r r  l    l c  n s  |  m    l    i    f s  e e  t m
                o    e o  n i  t h  u e  o    a o  w i  |  i    e    r    i i  a l  o a
                t    r r  c r  e e  n a  t    v r  e l  |  n    c    i    r s  s l  r n
flarecore       h    y e  e e  d r  e d  h    a e  b k  |  a    t    t    e t  e s  e a
---------       ---  ---  ---  ---  ---  ---  ---  ---  |  ---  ---  ---  ---  ---   ---
                                                        |                                
gloves           40    6    4    2    2                 |   10   14        25
leggings               5   10              8    3    4  |   21             16   43
mantle           60    4         6    2         4       |    9   10   10   24
robe                   2    6             10    3    4  |   35             15   23
wraps                  8    2    6    4    6            |         8         7         9
                ---  ---  ---  ---  ---  ---  ---  ---  |  ---  ---  ---  ---  ---  ---
                                                        |
                100   25   22   14    8   24   10    8  |   75   43   10   87   66    9
The bank only has enough fiery cores to make one set and two sets would wipe out the essence of fire we have. We have a LOT of farming to do if we are going to rely on flarecore to fill out FR gear for our casters. We may have to be the first(?) guild to take down Rags with green gear, if that's what it takes to get our FR to sufficient levels. ;)
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
More importantly, the robe makes you look like Santa Claus. A must for the coming season.
You don't know what you're talking about.
I agree that Flarecore would be preferable, but in the meantime how about Wizardweave, which has vastly easier mats to obtain

Turban

Robe

Leggings

All of these can be made by Phaedra for the mats and the asking. I realize they've not got the +Stamina that would be so wonderful, but they're certainly a possibility.

We all need to get Onyxia Scale Cloaks as well.
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
Speaking of the Onyxia Scale Cloak...

Aside from the Onyxia Scales themselves, do we actually have a tailor that is able to churn out the Cindercloth Cloaks for them?

I note that the pattern is a low drop off one single mob type.

If not, I guess Kateley, being the tailoring junkie that she is, will be volunteering to kill them until they drop the darn thing.

Kateley - Gnome Mage --- 60
Collector and connoisseur of fine keys, bags, trinkets and all things mooncloth
Covet! ... Covet! ... Covet! ... Covet!
WildFire,Nov 15 2005, 08:23 AM Wrote:Speaking of the Onyxia Scale Cloak...

Aside from the Onyxia Scales themselves, do we actually have a tailor that is able to churn out the Cindercloth Cloaks for them?

I note that the pattern is a low drop off one single mob type.

If not, I guess Kateley, being the tailoring junkie that she is, will be volunteering to kill them until they drop the darn thing.
[right][snapback]94868[/snapback][/right]

Yes, Aleri and Littledude can make them.
WildFire,Nov 15 2005, 08:23 AM Wrote:Speaking of the Onyxia Scale Cloak...

[right][snapback]94868[/snapback][/right]
How do you think Tufty has been making them? ;)

However, they also take essence of fire so if folks are going to be taking the essences of fire for flarecore crap, that limits the amount of Onyxia cloaks too since the cindercloth cloaks take essence of fire and I've already burned my stockpile of essences of fire and GG's stockpile.
Intolerant monkey.
LochnarITB,Nov 15 2005, 06:28 AM Wrote:After the Ragnaros "attempts" on Stormrage tonight there was talk about getting the casters in flarecore.  I wondered what the entire set gives but Thottbot didn't list set stats. 
[right][snapback]94861[/snapback][/right]

Flarecore isn't a "set". I mean, it is, but it isn't technically: there are no set bonuses and they aren't considered part of a set the way Arcanist or Might is.

The Robe and Leggings are comparatively expensive in materials for not that much FR; they're excellent equipment, but if FR is your main concern (which it should be at this stage) you're better off spending your materials to outfit your casters (especially priests) in gloves and mantles first. You can use Wizardweave robes and leggings to cover the body and leg slots, whereas the highest FR for cloth gloves outside of Flarecore is 7, and there are no fire resist shoulders for cloth aside from Flarecore. Prioritize those two pieces for your regular raiders; 50 FR off two slots is kind of nice :P
Tal,Nov 15 2005, 06:41 AM Wrote:Yes, Aleri and Littledude can make them.
[right][snapback]94869[/snapback][/right]

I can as well with Taha.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Skandranon,Nov 15 2005, 08:46 AM Wrote:Flarecore isn't a "set".  I mean, it is, but it isn't technically: there are no set bonuses and they aren't considered part of a set the way Arcanist or Might is. 

The Robe and Leggings are comparatively expensive in materials for not that much FR; they're excellent equipment, but if FR is your main concern (which it should be at this stage) you're better off spending your materials to outfit your casters (especially priests) in gloves and mantles first.  You can use Wizardweave robes and leggings to cover the body and leg slots, whereas the highest FR for cloth gloves outside of Flarecore is 7, and there are no fire resist shoulders for cloth aside from Flarecore.  Prioritize those two pieces for your regular raiders; 50 FR off two slots is kind of nice :P
[right][snapback]94887[/snapback][/right]

One thing to also add is that Flarecore Wraps aren't worth the cores it takes to make them either. It's better to make Incendius runs over and over to get the bracers he drops for FR as those give more FR than the Flarecore Wraps and you can get stats on those bracers from Incendus (the blue ones, not the green ones) that are comparable or better than the Flarecore Wraps.

edit: Also, every 1 point of mana every 5 seconds translates to 1.6 Spirit that is still in effect while casting. So the Warps have an effective stats of 8 Int, 15 Spi, and 7 FR while Incendius drops bracers that are +10 FR and if they're of Owl, that's +10 (maybe 12) Int and Spirit.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
This is another chance for me to point out two lists I've been working on for the Avarice Alliance.

Fire Resist Gear: http://www.carpeaurum.com/modules.php?name...viewtopic&t=388

That list should have every item with FR that we have access too.

Avarice Crafters:
http://www.carpeaurum.com/modules.php?name...viewtopic&t=387

If you can make something and want others to know about it let me know in that thread.

If you can't access either of those threads and you are in the avarice raiding alliance you need to let Darian know because that sub forum is where the request thread for getting crafted items that take banked Molten Core mats lives as well.

For casters a group of 3 to 10 people can get to Lord Incendius in 5 to 10 minutes (depends on levels and how good you are at avoiding mobs/how many mobs you want to kill) and get a shot at the Flameweave Cuffs that get random stats. I've seen +healing, +shadow damage; +10 2 two stats, +15 to a single stat, etc. It's like a 12% drop rate for plate, 12% for mail, 12% for leather, 12% for cloth, 24% for the crappy cloth ones that are 14 FR and nothing else. If you wear cloth and you don't have a pair of these you should. It can be argued that if you get lucky and get the right stats that you end up with something better than Flarecore anyway. Mages are the only cloth class that can get an epic bracer with FR.

If you don't want to go with Flarecore pants doing runs for Vectus in Sholo gets you a good chance at Skullsmoke Pants with 10FR, 20 stam, 20 int and 5 shadow (helps vs Gehennas and Domo's healers if they somehow aren't sheeped). You get the added benefit of helping your Argent Dawn rep while in scholo so getting closer to revered and the +5 FR shoulder enchant. Again these are arguably better than Flarecore as well.

Take a look at the other stuff as well.

This doesn't just go for casters this goes for everyone. Gnolack had a Flamescarred Girdle on last night because even without good armor or any stam 20 more FR was good. In Rags that is all you see is Fire Damage. If you don't survive (and this goes for anyone) we don't had the DPS to kill him or the sons. Yeah we need practice to keep our casters away from the sons so they don't get completely mana burned. We need practice positioning for the sons. We need more FR so we can reliably get them spawned.

On these early learning attempts I don't care if you are giving up half your mana pool and 80% of your spirit for more FR. We don't have the strat down to kill the sons yet so if you are out of mana by the time they spawn but still alive that is still better in my book because you are alive and get a chance to find out where to go while the warriors get practice and moving the sons into position so you have a safe place to stand so you aren't getting mana burned. Even when we get good FR we aren't taking Rags down without some practice on the positioning and control of the sons. If one son gets into a group of casters you can have 3 to 8 people that we need for DPS with no mana left because of that.

Our second attempt on Rags last night Anadrol and I were bad on positioning. We got too close to each other and ended up getting each other hit with random knockbocks. The first attempt I resisted most of those (but I need more than 291 FR buffed still) and things went better for the tanks but too many people were frying to random attacks and lava splashes. Our melee wasn't getting out of the knockback range when it was coming up. Sure we were short on healers but what we had there was barely geared well enough to get sons to spawn. Sure we got them spawned both times but we didn't have enough standing to do anything with them.

It's like when we go into BWL. We are equipped well enough for Razorgore but when you only have 18 or 26 people we don't have enough to execute the strategies well enough to really get them tweaked for us.

So if you want to help us with Rags you need to look at that FR list and get some. If you want to help the alliance with Razorgore you need to try and be at those runs so we have the people to figure it out. We can beat him right now if we get the strats on Razorgore down. I wouldn't mind having shots at the Tier 2 bracers or any of his loot drops either.

So again use some of those tools up there. Holler at folks for Incendius runs (or Tribute runs for warriors). Psybie made a great mod to rapidly reset an instance and re-invite everyone that you can find in this thread I've got so if you do runs with me I can take care of that.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Gnollguy,Nov 15 2005, 12:43 PM Wrote:On these early learning attempts I don't care if you are giving up half your mana pool and 80% of your spirit for more FR.  We don't have the strat down to kill the sons yet so if you are out of mana by the time they spawn but still alive that is still better in my book because you are alive and get a chance to find out where to go while the warriors get practice and moving the sons into position so you have a safe place to stand so you aren't getting mana burned.  Even when we get good FR we aren't taking Rags down without some practice on the positioning and control of the sons.  If one son gets into a group of casters you can have 3 to 8 people that we need for DPS with no mana left because of that.

<snip>

It's like when we go into BWL.&nbsp; We are equipped well enough for Razorgore but when you only have 18 or 26 people we don't have enough to execute the strategies well enough to really get them tweaked for us.
[right][snapback]94907[/snapback][/right]

QFT.

Some of you will eventually see classes, particularly casters, removing FR for utility on Ragnaros. But to get to that stage, you have to learn the encounter, and that means having the FR to survive your mistakes (because you will make them) to get to the later stages to learn them. For Razorgore, it's not even a gear thing, since the fight doesn't actually require any level of gear at all - just practice. Get in there and do them! Yeah, it's learning, and it'll resemble the path Avarice took to downing Onyxia far more than the path it took to downing, say, Golemagg. But you will get there if you put in the effort.

For now, every clothwearer should get the ugly wizardweave stuff. It's pretty cheap and is quite a lot of FR. Start with that, upgrade selectively to flarecore as it becomes available.
First, just a quick note that I should have made obvious in the original post. I was not advocating the use of flarecore for our FR. In fact, when I saw what was required, I thought I should point it out to show that we need to use other options if we are going to get there any time soon. I have a halfway decent amount of FR, but I sacrifice stats and spell power to wear it. If the mats dropped like rain, flarecore might be the way to go. I am just looking to upgrade pieces to regain some of my stats, be they a flarecore or three or some of the other items.

As to the runs that GG listed, I had tried to get Incendius runs before but got little response. The Scholo item I wasn't aware of. If anyone does look to run these two, I would certainly be up for it. My other problem is that I am burning a little bit on the game or, more accurately, running the game on my current hardware. I really enjoy running with the alliance we have now (at least most of the time - high levels of drama take me down a level once in a while). I want to continue on as we progress but it seems the higher we go, the greater the lag, and I'm afraid Bliz will continue the tradition into the new areas/instances and on to the expansion. I am really obsessing over getting a new laptop, but reality keeps crashing in and letting me know I really can't afford it. Anyway, I can handle what we are doing now, most of the time, so I want to get geared up to not be a detriment to our raids. I am trying to get dust from having my enchanter disenchanting some of junk from my wintersaber farming so that I can, at least, get some of the wizardweave. I think some of those pieces are FR upgrades to my current stuff.

I just realized that I should add to this thread. The CD part of my CD/DVD drive in this machine is a quite wonky. I could use that as my excuse and not have to admit that the upgrade would really be to play WoW. :blush:
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
LochnarITB,Nov 16 2005, 12:54 AM Wrote:First, just a quick note that I should have made obvious in the original post.&nbsp; I was not advocating the use of flarecore for our FR.&nbsp; In fact, when I saw what was required, I thought I should point it out to show that we need to use other options if we are going to get there any time soon.&nbsp; I have a halfway decent amount of FR, but I sacrifice stats and spell power to wear it.&nbsp; If the mats dropped like rain, flarecore might be the way to go.&nbsp; I am just looking to upgrade pieces to regain some of my stats, be they a flarecore or three or some of the other items.

As to the runs that GG listed, I had tried to get Incendius runs before but got little response.&nbsp; The Scholo item I wasn't aware of.&nbsp; If anyone does look to run these two, I would certainly be up for it.&nbsp; My other problem is that I am burning a little bit on the game or, more accurately, running the game on my current hardware.&nbsp; I really enjoy running with the alliance we have now (at least most of the time - high levels of drama take me down a level once in a while).&nbsp; I want to continue on as we progress but it seems the higher we go, the greater the lag, and I'm afraid Bliz will continue the tradition into the new areas/instances and on to the expansion.&nbsp; I am really obsessing over getting a new laptop, but reality keeps crashing in and letting me know I really can't afford it.&nbsp; Anyway, I can handle what we are doing now, most of the time, so I want to get geared up to not be a detriment to our raids.&nbsp; I am trying to get dust from having my enchanter disenchanting some of junk from my wintersaber farming so that I can, at least, get some of the wizardweave.&nbsp; I think some of those pieces are FR upgrades to my current stuff.

I just realized that I should add to this thread.&nbsp; The CD part of my CD/DVD drive in this machine is a quite wonky.&nbsp; I could use that as my excuse and not have to admit that the upgrade would really be to play WoW. :blush:
[right][snapback]95012[/snapback][/right]

Yeah I derailed the thread a bit. I do realize you weren't advocating Flarecore, just getting info out there. I just took another opportunity to point out my list of FR gear so that people that were thinking that flarecore or wizardweave was the only option could check that list and find out what else they can go after. I mean to get things broken down by class eventually to make it even simpler but that takes some effort. :)

As to runs for items just holler at me. I can only do so many loot runs and raids before I need a "reset" by doing a five man or small group world questing (the Terenas friday nights have really saved me from getting fried) but I'm generally around to help. I've organized a few but we need others to organize them too.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Sabra,Nov 15 2005, 07:27 AM Wrote:I agree that Flarecore would be preferable, but in the meantime how about Wizardweave, which has vastly easier mats to obtain

Turban

Robe
Leggings

All of these can be made by Phaedra for the mats and the asking. I realize they've not got the +Stamina that would be so wonderful, but they're certainly a possibility.
[right][snapback]94865[/snapback][/right]

If you can supply a Small Brilliant Shard and 6 Illusion Dust, Phaedra can enchant the robes for +100 Health, helping to mitigate some of the lost Stamina. (Once I find the +100 Mana formula on one of my alts and send it back, Phaedra should be able to do this one too. I really suggest the +Health enchant though.) Of course, any Avarice enchanter with high enough skill should be able to do this too. (I just figure it might be convenient to have Phaedra do it since you'd be sending the mats to her already.)

For those not entirely clear on the mats needed (or don't feel like looking):

Wizardweave Leggings: 30 Runecloth, 1 Dream Dust, 1 Rune Thread
Wizardweave Robe: 40 Runecloth, 2 Dream Dust, 1 Rune Thread
Wizardweave Turban: 30 Runecloth, 4 Dream Dust, 1 Star Ruby, 1 Rune Thread

If you send the materials to Phaedra, I'll make the gear and send it back for free. If you don't want to purchase the Rune Thread, please send 45s to accomodate the cost of purchasing the thread. If you want to send 30c for return postage per piece, you're more than welcome to but I can eat the postage costs for the good of the Alliance.

If you just want to send coin and have me supply the materials from my personal store or the AH... Ask me ahead of time so I can figure out how much it will cost. (For frame of reference, going price for 20 Runecloth seems to be around 2g. Going price for Dream Dust seems to be around 50s. I have no idea what Star Rubies go for.)

Also, the FR from the Wizardweave gear isn't a bad idea for Onyxia since a resist could save you in case she gets turned in a bad way. :)