This is the greatest commercial ever made
Quicktime required, and I FEEL GREAT!
http://www.jengajam.com/r/nutrigrain_ad/jz

Direct link to the file, YEAH!
http://content.jengajam.com/nutrigrain_medium.mov

10.5MB

I used to think that the old Oh Henry commercial with the two bald wrestlers sitting on the edge of a seesaw saying "IT'S THE BIG CHUNK OF FUDGE" was the greatest commercial ever made, but this one is a million times better.

Post your own favourite commercials.
A couple of goodies.

Don't look at the URLs. See if you can figure out what the ads are for. :) My favourite was the last one.

Edit: !! I can't believe I found it! I've been looking for this commercial for years, and here it finally is, in all its splendour: the best commercial ever :P
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
Good question. I think the GM commercial with the "Singin' in the Rain" elephant. I haven't found it online yet.
Creator of "The Corrupted Wish Game": Rules revised 06/15/05
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
[Image: cobalt-60.jpg] Click here for a free iPod!
My favorite commercials are:
the Smartbeep commercial (You have to have seen this one, I don't have a link, but I'm sure you can find it)
"Hey, we have chemistry here... do you feel that"
"Oh I felt it!"

and the old 3Dfx commercials where they would have someone so proud to be employed creating this astounding silicon processor for use in some remarkable way (medical advancement or environmental cleanup). Then someone from the company would cut in and say there was a change of plans... they're going to use the chip for games... then it would cut to the employees would erupting into bloodlusted screams of "blow his freaking head off!" while staring at computer screens while their patients would gasp for breath or the environment would sour around them.

I have them all on my hard drive. The 3Dfx ones are probably tougher to find, the Smartbeep one should be around somewhere.

Edit:

one other is a Reebok commercial that supposedly aired briefly in the UK. It's tough to find on the web, but a gem.

A pretty heavy duty metal type band belts out a tune with the words: "Belly's gonna get you"

A large hairy round bouncing belly with an outie chases a fit and trim guy wearing Reebok shoes all around a town. It's awesome. I have this one also if someone can host it. I found it a couple years ago, but it took some serious searching, as most of the links to it were dead.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
The best commercials I've seen are the fake ones that aired with the Not Necesarily the News Reunion show.

I have it on VHS but am unable to upload it onto my computer.
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
BK had a gem recently with a Stormtrooper using his blaster to light the grill. As bad as "The King" is, this one was golden.
See you in Town,
-Z
Zarathustra,Nov 16 2005, 01:56 PM Wrote:BK had a gem recently with a Stormtrooper using his blaster to light the grill.  As bad as "The King" is, this one was golden.
[right][snapback]95037[/snapback][/right]

Ah, I love the king. BK and Sonic are the only ones with consistently good commercials recently. Beer commercials have fallen from genuinely funny mixed with big-breasted women to being all about the big-breasted women which is probably what only about 5% of beer drinkers actually experience :P

Although, I love the "Yella Wood" commercials even though I seem to be the only one that does :D

Edit: I think it's Geico that has the spoof commercials. The Old Navy one with it's jacked-up-on-speed-fleece-jacket-models gets me nearly every time.
"Just as individuals are born, mature, breed and die, so do societies, civilizations and governments."
Muad'Dib - Children of Dune
The BK "King" commercials are just creepy. Waking up and having a huge-faced freak sleeping next to me who was not there when I went to sleep is just too strange.
--Mith

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London
jahcs,Nov 15 2005, 10:25 PM Wrote:The best commercials I've seen are the fake ones that aired with the Not Necesarily the News Reunion show.

I have it on VHS but am unable to upload it onto my computer.
[right][snapback]95015[/snapback][/right]

I remember one where a norwegian looking family piles into a car, and when they start it up, the radio starts blaring some poppy-rocky music with the lyrics:
"I wanna F--- you in the A--"
over and over in a fairly appealing tone.
The woman and man look at each other kinda baffled for a second, and the kids in the back look the same.
Then they turn back and start swaying their heads from side to side as they drive away and the advertisement for some Language Instititute fade over the scene.

It was hilarious, but I later learned it was fake.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Concillian,Nov 16 2005, 01:47 AM Wrote:one other is a Reebok commercial that supposedly aired briefly in the UK.  It's tough to find on the web, but a gem.

A pretty heavy duty metal type band belts out a tune with the words: "Belly's gonna get you"

A large hairy round bouncing belly with an outie chases a fit and trim guy wearing Reebok shoes all around a town.  It's awesome.  I have this one also if someone can host it.  I found it a couple years ago, but it took some serious searching, as most of the links to it were dead.
[right][snapback]94988[/snapback][/right]
That was an awesome commercial. Aired quite frequently at the time, so it isn't as rare as you make it to be.

It was eventually pulled because maybe four people complained. In the UK, that's all it takes to get an advert removed from air.

I've been digging up some of the Knorr panda commercials for a panda-mad friend of mine. There's a couple, this one is one of the best.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
ima_nerd,Nov 16 2005, 04:23 PM Wrote:Edit: I think it's Geico that has the spoof commercials. The Old Navy one with it's jacked-up-on-speed-fleece-jacket-models gets me nearly every time.
[right][snapback]95096[/snapback][/right]

Speaking of spoof commercials, how about the Energizer bunny? Not sure if this ad campaign was played worldwide or just the U.S. (do they sell Energizers in Europe?). First ad had a bunch of battery powered toys that beat on plastic snare drums, and gradually they all stop drumming until there is one left. And you think, I get it, this is the one with the Energizer in it. But then that one stops, and then there's a big pink toy bunny banging on a huge bass drum and zipping across the set. I think they made a second version of this then where the first part is shorter, and the pink bunny not only goes across the set but off the set and busts through a wall or screen or something. From then on, the pink bunny kept crashing the sets of spoof commercials. For like 5 years, any time you see a new commercial it's like "Is this a real product, or is the pink bunny about to steal the show?" My favorite was a spoof for a Preparation-H type product called "SitAgain" feature some saddle-sore cowboys on the open plains.
Nystul,Nov 18 2005, 09:44 PM Wrote:The Wabbit.
[right][snapback]95283[/snapback][/right]
In an odd twist, in the UK the little pink energy cell mascot is the Duracell Bunny.

Energizer has a much more dire mascot over here.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,

I was going to say the ass one, but I've been beaten to it. There's also one for condoms that shows a kid having a temper tantrum in a store with his father, and the father looking like he really wanted to get rid of the kid... and then "condoms prevent accidents" or something like that.

If picture ads are allowed, I've got a few funny ones for lube...
Scientist by Day
Sorceress by Night
This one's pretty neat. Pretty interesting that there was no CG involved at all.
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
Guild Wars account: Lurker Wyrm
Wyrm,Nov 21 2005, 09:35 PM Wrote:This one's pretty neat.  Pretty interesting that there was no CG involved at all.
[right][snapback]95444[/snapback][/right]
Well... The truth is that there was some trickery involved in that ad, if it's the one I'm thinking of (Blocked extension, it's basically a massive Goldberg device, right?).

But not because it wouldn't work. Oh no.

The filmed that commercial in two parts and spliced both halves together, purely because they lacked the studio space to fit the entire device. The actual device is sound, and they ran it through a few times in entirity just to make sure it worked.

Still an incredible commercial.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,

Hi,

Some that were mentioned can be found at the video vault.

Greetings, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.