Troll Rep
From what I gather there is no repeatable Troll quests , I am earning rep for my undead mage , would like another epic raptor so I need all the rep I can get . Is the only thing possible to hand in Runecloth to the quartermaster ? bit of a blow if so , can only really farm that stuff from lvl 50 and up really . I suppose I could use another char to farm the cloth , but would rather be getting xp while doing so . If anyone knows different , please let me know . Cheers .
Take care
Raven Vale,Nov 11 2005, 05:10 PM Wrote:From what I gather there is no repeatable Troll quests , I am earning rep for my undead mage , would like another epic raptor so I need all the rep I can get . Is the only thing possible to hand in Runecloth to the quartermaster ? bit of a blow if so , can only really farm that stuff from lvl 50 and up really . I suppose I could use another char to farm the cloth , but would rather be getting xp while doing so . If anyone knows different , please let me know . Cheers .

Nope. Other than the cloth turn-ins, there aren't any repeatable troll faction turn-ins. All I can suggest is that you hit all the troll quests early in Sen-Jin village and then from there on do as many Horde quests as possible to get spill-over reputation gains. Once at 50, you can grind humanoid or undead mobs like crazy to get runecloth to turn in for reputation and experience. You could also do this while simultaneously improving your argent dawn or timbermaw reputations by killing undead in the plaguelands or furbolgs in felwood, respectively.
MongoJerry,Nov 13 2005, 05:26 AM Wrote:You could also do this while simultaneously improving your argent dawn or timbermaw reputations by killing undead in the plaguelands or furbolgs in felwood, respectively.
[right][snapback]94647[/snapback][/right]

This, combined with buying lots of cloth from the AH, is what I did with my UD mage to get a raptor. Of course, this is made a lot easier if you get an epic drop while grinding like I did. Undead look awesome on a raptor though, it's definately worth it :)
Cheers , have started on Sen'jin village . Another question though , only just started to notice the spillover rep with Org , do all Orc quests give spillover ? or just those very early ones ?
Take care
Just the early ones, as it's a combined Troll/Orc start area.
Wogan,Nov 14 2005, 01:50 AM Wrote:Just the early ones, as it's a combined Troll/Orc start area.

Wrong. All quests given by Horde factions give spillover reputation to the other factions. That is, if you gain reputation with a given Horde faction, then you'll get some spillover reputation with the other factions of the Horde. Some quests don't give any reputation gain at all, but those that do will give you spillover reputation. So, yes, doing undead quests in Silverpine and Hillsbrad will give you troll reputation as well.

Now, understand that this only applies to Horde quests. Helping goblins won't help you, for example. Sadly, neither will helping the trolls in the Hinterlands, since they are inexplicably considered a different tribe of trolls.
MongoJerry,Nov 14 2005, 03:43 PM Wrote:Wrong.  All quests given by Horde factions give spillover reputation to the other factions.  That is, if you gain reputation with a given Horde faction, then you'll get some spillover reputation with the other factions of the Horde.  Some quests don't give any reputation gain at all, but those that do will give you spillover reputation.  So, yes, doing undead quests in Silverpine and Hillsbrad will give you troll reputation as well.

Now, understand that this only applies to Horde quests.  Helping goblins won't help you, for example.  Sadly, neither will helping the trolls in the Hinterlands, since they are inexplicably considered a different tribe of trolls.
[right][snapback]94779[/snapback][/right]

Hmm is this another advantage horde have with quests? (I don't really want to branch into that discussion but I and other with L60's on both sides generally agree that horde have more overlap quests and easier access to most quest areas) Alliance side there are times that I will get rep for just Stormwind or just Ironforge or just Darnasus. Most quests give spill over but not all for them. There were two that I just turned in Duskwood that only gave stormwind rep. One was a cooking quest I don't know what the other was.

And of course if you are a young undead and know you want a troll mount getting to Sen'jin as soon as possible will help your rep because the main rep for doing those quest (and you want to do them green or yellow to get full rep) will be for the trolls and the spill over will hit the other factions. I have an L32 hunter alliance side who I actually decided to care about rep with and get her to honored with all factions by L31 (too much grinding leveling a pet or it would have been L30) by poping to other zones to get the better rep for that faction while in the right level range. I also in general ended up doing more quests since many were green and almost grey so I had exp hits but the rep was still better than if I had done them as grey quests.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
MongoJerry,Nov 15 2005, 04:43 AM Wrote:Wrong.  All quests given by Horde factions give spillover reputation to the other factions.  That is, if you gain reputation with a given Horde faction, then you'll get some spillover reputation with the other factions of the Horde.  Some quests don't give any reputation gain at all, but those that do will give you spillover reputation.  So, yes, doing undead quests in Silverpine and Hillsbrad will give you troll reputation as well.

Now, understand that this only applies to Horde quests.  Helping goblins won't help you, for example.  Sadly, neither will helping the trolls in the Hinterlands, since they are inexplicably considered a different tribe of trolls.
[right][snapback]94779[/snapback][/right]

No, the early troll/orc quests give standard rep in addition to the standard spillover. (Ie 100 rep to both trolls & orcs, + spillover to tauren and forsaken.)
Gnollguy,Nov 14 2005, 11:33 PM Wrote:And of course if you are a young undead and know you want a troll mount getting to Sen'jin as soon as possible will help your rep because the main rep for doing those quest (and you want to do them green or yellow to get full rep) will be for the trolls and the spill over will hit the other factions.  I have an L32 hunter alliance side who I actually decided to care about rep with and get her to honored with all factions by L31 (too much grinding leveling a pet or it would have been L30) by poping to other zones to get the better rep for that faction while in the right level range.  I also in general ended up doing more quests since many were green and almost grey so I had exp hits but the rep was still better than if I had done them as grey quests.
[right][snapback]94803[/snapback][/right]
If you really want to maximise your Troll rep from quests, this is not how to do it. You only get spillover rep from other Horde quests until your Troll rep is halway through Honoured. So you should try to maximise the proportion of rep that comes from spillover until this time.

You should start in the Orc/Tauren/Undead starter areas and do their low level quests until you reach level 6. Then you should do the Troll level 1 quests (you get full rep for a quest up to 5 levels above it). You should continue doing Troll quests when 5 levels above the quest level and doing as many other Horde quests as possible in between until you are halfway through Honoured. Then do Troll quests at any level you like provided you don't let them go grey.

To stop yourself levelling up too fast and missing Horde quests, do not kill anything you do't have to and never log off in an inn or city until you are halfway throught Honoured.

You can get into Revered this way but will still need to finish with runecloth.
Thanks for all the input guys , looks like I will be farming lots of cloth . It's a bit impossible for this char to gain top rep now ( 43 UD Mage ) but have gone back and am in the middle of doing the lower lvl quests so gleaning all the rep I can atm :P
Take care
Gnollguy,Nov 14 2005, 04:33 PM Wrote:Hmm is this another advantage horde have with quests? (I don't really want to branch into that discussion but I and other with L60's on both sides generally agree that horde have more overlap quests and easier access to most quest areas)  Alliance side there are times that I will get rep for just Stormwind or just Ironforge or just Darnasus.  Most quests give spill over but not all for them.  There were two that I just turned in Duskwood that only gave stormwind rep.  One was a cooking quest I don't know what the other was.

Hmmm... are you certain you didn't get spillover reputation? The message that you gained spillover reputation doesn't show with the default UI. You have to either have a reputation mod, like say Reputation, or just look at your reputation numbers before and after turning in a quest to see how they change. I would imagine that Alliance would have an easier time with this, since there are so many more quests for Alliance than Horde. However, if there is a cap at halfway through Honored on spillover rep as Flymo suggests (I haven't paid enough attention to this, since I've never decided to go all the way to Exaulted with a Horde faction before), then I suppose it wouldn't matter what faction you're on.

Quote:You should start in the Orc/Tauren/Undead starter areas and do their low level quests until you reach level 6. Then you should do the Troll level 1 quests (you get full rep for a quest up to 5 levels above it). You should continue doing Troll quests when 5 levels above the quest level and doing as many other Horde quests as possible in between until you are halfway through Honoured. Then do Troll quests at any level you like provided you don't let them go grey.

OK, Flymo, I'm quite confused, because long before you get halfway through Honored, all those Sen'Jin Village quests will be long grey, so it seems like it doesn't matter. You might as well just head to Duotar and do all the quests. There are only a handful of troll quests after the Duotar quests -- the quests given by the trolls in Grom'Gul come to mind. Those seem like the only ones you might want to save for as long as possible. Then again, it might be better just to level up as quickly as possible so that you can maximize your time getting runecloth.

Are you sure about that halfway to Honored thing?
MongoJerry,Nov 15 2005, 03:22 PM Wrote:OK, Flymo, I'm quite confused, because long before you get halfway through Honored, all those Sen'Jin Village quests will be long grey, so it seems like it doesn't matter.  You might as well just head to Duotar and do all the quests.  There are only a handful of troll quests after the Duotar quests -- the quests given by the trolls in Grom'Gul come to mind.  Those seem like the only ones you might want to save for as long as possible.  Then again, it might be better just to level up as quickly as possible so that you can maximize your time getting runecloth.

Are you sure about that halfway to Honored thing?
[right][snapback]94881[/snapback][/right]
Yes, quite sure - there is a good discussion here. But I haven't played a troll and if there aren't any troll quests to do between the beginning and half-way point of Honoured then as you say it doesn't matter what order you do things in.

It can be quicker to grind runecloth or money than squeeze the last bit of rep out of quests anyway. My technique is to bid at least twice a day on all the runecloth in the AH priced at 1.25 g or less. I get outbid on nearly all of it, but so much is offered for sale that the small proportion you win adds up; I got (exactly) 200 stacks at this price last month.

MongoJerry,Nov 12 2005, 09:26 PM Wrote:Nope. Other than the cloth turn-ins, there aren't any repeatable troll faction turn-ins. ... Once at 50, you can grind humanoid or undead mobs like crazy to get runecloth to turn in for reputation and experience.
I want the dark "Swift Gray Wolf" for my Undead Warlock "Hel" when she hits level 60. How many pieces of Runecloth are required to get to "Exalted" with the Orcs with her (currently 1800/6000 "Friendly" with Orgrimmar)?

Another option seems to be PvP until "Lieutenant General" to get access to the "Black War Wolf". The description says it's ridable for Orcs, Undead and Trolls, but I guess you need the Orgrimmar "Exalted" faction anyway to ride that wolf as Undead, right?
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
nobbie,Dec 5 2005, 11:40 AM Wrote:I want the dark "Swift Gray Wolf" for my Undead Warlock "Hel" when she hits level 60. How many pieces of Runecloth are required to get to "Exalted" with the Orcs with her (currently 1800/6000 "Friendly" with Orgrimmar)?

Well, to get to Exalted, you would need to finish 4200 faction of Friendly, get through 12000 faction of Honored, and then 21000 faction of Revered, for a total of 37200 faction. 20 runecloth is 50 faction. You would need 744 stacks of runecloth from where you are now, or 14880 pieces.

Quote:Another option seems to be PvP until "Lieutenant General" to get access to the "Black War Wolf". The description says it's ridable for Orcs, Undead and Trolls, but I guess you need the Orgrimmar "Exalted" faction anyway to ride that wolf as Undead, right?
[right][snapback]96283[/snapback][/right]

Yes, you'd need Orgrimmar exalted to ride the rank 11 mount as well.
Thanks! *starts to grind even more arcane crystals to buy the required runecloth* ;)

The dark riding wolves fit the "Cerberus/Hound of Hell" theme so nicely that I've decided to go for a wolf for my Warlock instead of the default Dreadsteed (although not bad graphics either). Another plus is that the wolves don't cost Mana to be cast.
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
I would like to add that even the lone Goblin quest in Durotar (killing harpies) adds 100 Orgrimmar and 100 Troll rep.
A plague of exploding high-fives.
I believe there may be new methods of increasing reputation in 1.9. I've seen guys for each faction that will accept "Alliance Signets of Commendation" for rep. Not exactly how you get the signets of commendation at the moment.

Chris