Fun with Firesword...
I found out something interesting about Firesworn last night...painfully...

As many people know, Domo and Golemagg suffer from seperation anexity when their adds get too far away, well, Firesword act in the same way if they get to far from Garr.

When Garr gets too far from a Firesworn, the Firesworn enters a frenzy state. While in this frenzy state they are totally immune to Banish. They also hit around 3 times as hard as normal (normal hits against a clothy are around 2k, but in frenzy it's 6k). They can enter this state while under banish (but they do not break out).

So, something to watch for in future MC runs.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
How far is it? That could very well be why my guild was having so much trouble with Garr before I left. We would typically tank Garr near his spawn point and pull the adds back to the walls. We never could get him until after I left they finally downed him ;)
"Just as individuals are born, mature, breed and die, so do societies, civilizations and governments."
Muad'Dib - Children of Dune
ima_nerd,Nov 11 2005, 01:40 PM Wrote:How far is it? That could very well be why my guild was having so much trouble with Garr before I left. We would typically tank Garr near his spawn point and pull the adds back to the walls. We never could get him until after I left they finally downed him  ;)
[right][snapback]94587[/snapback][/right]

Not sure on the exact distance, but I was on the western wall of Garr's room and Garr was by the tunnel leading to the lava packs, so it's a pretty good distance.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Lissa,Nov 12 2005, 12:02 AM Wrote:Not sure on the exact distance, but I was on the western wall of Garr's room and Garr was by the tunnel leading to the lava packs, so it's a pretty good distance.
[right][snapback]94599[/snapback][/right]
This is valuable information. Our guild manages to down Garr pretty good now. But I remember when we had terrible difficulties. On one occasion Garr ordered his Firesworn to break free and come to him to explode. There were emotes in chat telling us that. We had to kill Garr with no Firesworn left. It is possible though. It never occured to me that the distance may have something to do with this.

I also know about the two corehound buddies of Golemagg and their glowing horns. Draw them away from Golemagg until their horns stop to glow and they do not do that much damage as with glowing horns.

What about Majordomo's minions? What happens when you draw his elites and flamewakers too far away?

Obstrat: I regularly do the frying pan duty in our Majordomo fights. Our MD tank team consist of a warrior, a priest, a druid, a hunter (to draw MD back to us), and a paladin who stands inside MD to get ported to the coal mound. This is the setting. Now try to tank north of the coal mound so that the guy who gets ported has the shortest possible route to MD.

-Arnulf
Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm!
Arnulf,Nov 12 2005, 09:48 AM Wrote:This is valuable information. Our guild manages to down Garr pretty good now. But I remember when we had terrible difficulties. On one occasion Garr ordered his Firesworn to break free and come to him to explode. There were emotes in chat telling us that. We had to kill Garr with no Firesworn left. It is possible though. It never occured to me that the distance may have something to do with this.

That's a normal part of the encounter, which is why you want to keep the extra firesworns banished.

The frenzy state thing was added to Garr's encounter several patches ago, beause some guilds were doing something like pulling Garr all the way back to the front entrance for reasons I never quite understood -- I guess to avoid having firesworns explode on them or something. The allowed distance is very large, though. It's safe to say that if you keep the fight within Garr's large chamber, you won't have any problems.

Quote:What about Majordomo's minions? What happens when you draw his elites and flamewakers too far away?

They'll also get seperation anxiety and murder your raid. The distance is again large, however, so if you tank everything on MD's large platform, you won't run into this.
MongoJerry,Nov 12 2005, 05:35 PM Wrote:The frenzy state thing was added to Garr's encounter several patches ago, beause some guilds were doing something like pulling Garr all the way back to the front entrance for reasons I never quite understood -- I guess to avoid having firesworns explode on them or something.  The allowed distance is very large, though.  It's safe to say that if you keep the fight within Garr's large chamber, you won't have any problems.
[right][snapback]94649[/snapback][/right]

Nope, Garr was on one side and the affected Firesworn was on the other, but both in the chamber.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!