Buying someone else a mount
Well, Yuri helped and the deed was done!

I was ridiculed a bit in guild chat for buying an epic mount, but I can't think of anything better to spend my money on. I'll notice this every time I play Necrali. The only other item that might have as big an impact on a character might be an epic weapon for a melee character, but as a priest that would be silly.

I'm happy!

[Image: warhorse.jpg]
vor_lord,Nov 12 2005, 02:03 PM Wrote:I was ridiculed a bit in guild chat for buying an epic mount, but I can't think of anything better to spend my money on.

Why would you get ridiculed for buying an epic mount? It's the most important item to get in the game. PvE-wise, it'll easily pay for itself in the reduction in time traveling (and more time fighting and getting loot). PvP-wise, an epic mount is an absolute must.

Congrats!
MongoJerry,Nov 12 2005, 04:19 PM Wrote:Why would you get ridiculed for buying an epic mount?  It's the most important item to get in the game.  PvE-wise, it'll easily pay for itself in the reduction in time traveling (and more time fighting and getting loot).  PvP-wise, an epic mount is an absolute must.

Congrats!
[right][snapback]94646[/snapback][/right]

Because we take any opportunity we can to poke fun at vor_lord that's why! :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Gnollguy,Nov 12 2005, 04:51 PM Wrote:Because we take any opportunity we can to poke fun at vor_lord that's why!  :)
[right][snapback]94657[/snapback][/right]

I go AFK for a few minutes -- I come back, and there are these white and red concentric circles painted on my back! Can't be dispelled either...

;)
vor_lord,Nov 12 2005, 08:15 PM Wrote:I go AFK for a few minutes -- I come back, and there are these white and red concentric circles painted on my back!  Can't be dispelled either...

;)
[right][snapback]94661[/snapback][/right]
*puts away her paintbrush*

:whistling:

:wub:
Intolerant monkey.
LochnarITB,Nov 12 2005, 02:16 AM Wrote:Woah!  Really?  Nice stuff!  I was working on my little warrior lady but she may have to be put on hold.  That situation was the major reason I hadn't been working on it.  I am a no conflict kind of guy.  ;)
[right][snapback]94621[/snapback][/right]

If you want company Fafner still needs her epic mount and is working on exalted with the Timermaw (though I am not sure why). Unfortunately she still has more body parts to collect for kitten food till she is on the furbolg leg of the mount quest.

I don't think I will make it on tonight as I just got home from the trip to Germany.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
LavCat,Nov 13 2005, 09:03 PM Wrote:If you want company Fafner still needs her epic mount and is working on exalted with the Timermaw (though I am not sure why).  Unfortunately she still has more body parts to collect for kitten food till she is on the furbolg leg of the mount quest.
[right][snapback]94711[/snapback][/right]
I do both the meat quest and the winterfall furbolgs for variety. Because the meat is a random drop, it takes longer to get through that one, but I like to have some variety and I seem to get better equipment drops doing that one.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Mirajj,Nov 11 2005, 09:53 AM Wrote:The time is now, Loch. ;) We've chased out and gotten banned those two farmers who were haunting Winterfall Village day and night. They are probably right now relevelling new toons to replace the old banned ones. ;) Take advantage while you can. =)
[right][snapback]94556[/snapback][/right]

I know someone on the server who supplied those farmers with potions and such in an effort to suck up to them so they would do his grinding for him for rep gains. Basically he just stayed far enough away so they would not get mad about gold being split, and got them both to join his group, free rep while afk. Don't encourage the farmers etc.... but I though it was clever :P
MaxPower#1485 60 SC Barb/32 HC Witch Doctor/22 HC Wizard/17 HC Demon Hunter
NotSoDarklord,Nov 15 2005, 03:49 AM Wrote:I know someone on the server who supplied those farmers with potions and such in an effort to suck up to them so they would do his grinding for him for rep gains.  Basically he just stayed far enough away so they would not get mad about gold being split, and got them both to join his group, free rep while afk.  Don't encourage the farmers etc.... but I though it was clever :P

Um, you don't gain rep simply by being in the group. You have to tap the mob in some way, either by dealing damage to the mob or healing someone who has done damage to the mob. I'm afraid that your potions were wasted. The good news is that you can do this out of party. So you can bribe your farmer friends again but this time stay out of party and make sure to in some way damage each of the mobs that the farmers kill or heal the farmers as they fight.
MongoJerry,Nov 15 2005, 10:39 AM Wrote:Um, you don't gain rep simply by being in the group.  You have to tap the mob in some way, either by dealing damage to the mob or healing someone who has done damage to the mob.  I'm afraid that your potions were wasted.  The good news is that you can do this out of party.  So you can bribe your farmer friends again but this time stay out of party and make sure to in some way damage each of the mobs that the farmers kill or heal the farmers as they fight.
[right][snapback]94884[/snapback][/right]

It's slightly different in this case, Mongo. Wintersaber Trainer rep is only acquired through the quests. You can't get it just from killing mobs. The last two quests he gives you are "Kill x of y" sort of quests. So what this guy would do (I assume) is stay far enough away he'd get the credit for the mob being killed, while not close enough for anything else. That's actually pretty easy to do, as you get kill credit while standing somewhat close to the questgiver. So he basically cut himself out of the run back and forth.

I think that Blizzard has changed that, so that you now have to be present at the area (the Village or the Gorge) for some of the kills now. I know that with the giants, if I had someone else killing them for me, I'd get 4 Preservers, and 1 Giant. Then no matter how many Giants my friends killed, I had to truck my tail down there and help kill the last three needed.
~Not all who wander are lost...~
:lol:

Well, the first Terenas Horde epic mount, owned by my brother vor-lord has spawned a fair bit of epic-envy. :D Anyone wanna gift me 700 gold?? :P
VoiceMan

Terenas:
Bloodmourne - 85 Blood Elf Death Knight <Lurkers>
Vreeslik - 85 Undead Warlock <Lurkers>
Fazuul - 70 Tauren Druid <Lurkers>
Ooh - 70 Troll Rogue <Lurkers>
Gorkuk- 63 Orc Hunter <Lurkers>
Rojaal - 70 Blood Elf Paladin <Lurkers>
Mirajj,Nov 11 2005, 05:53 AM Wrote:The time is now, Loch. ;) We've chased out and gotten banned those two farmers who were haunting Winterfall Village day and night. They are probably right now relevelling new toons to replace the old banned ones. ;) Take advantage while you can. =)
[right][snapback]94556[/snapback][/right]

For what exactly were they banned?
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
LavCat,Nov 15 2005, 09:53 PM Wrote:For what exactly were they banned?
[right][snapback]94991[/snapback][/right]

I don't know, as Blizz won't share personal details with me. However, I'm going to assume it was multiple people on the same account. A single person might be able to play their account nonstop for 2 days. Maybe three. These guys were on 24/7 for 3 months.
~Not all who wander are lost...~