Buying someone else a mount
So my priest, Necrali, is inches away from level 60, and I've saved up 780 gold pieces for my epic mount.

I have not done much PvP however, so if I buy a mount it will cost me 900g (no sergeant discount). I was planning on spending next week doing PvP to make Sergeant (that sounds more fun than farming 100g), but then I wondered...

Mounts are marked as "Bind when used" so it seems I could hand my money over to a Sergeant friend (who also is honored in Undercity) and have them buy my mount for me, saving me 100g.

Has anyone done this? It seems totally fine, but it's a very expensive experiment if the mount can't be somehow passed to me...
It works just fine.

HOWEVER, the person buying the mount will need either be Undead as well, or Exalted with Undercity. In one of the patches (1.7, maybe?) the vendors were changed so that you are unable to view and purchase the mounts unless you are Exalted with that faction (or if it's your home faction).

So as long as you've got a fellow Forsaken to buy that mount, it works like a charm.
See you in Town,
-Z
vor_lord,Nov 10 2005, 10:33 AM Wrote:So my priest, Necrali, is inches away from level 60, and I've saved up 780 gold pieces for my epic mount.

I have not done much PvP however, so if I buy a mount it will cost me 900g (no sergeant discount).  I was planning on spending next week doing PvP to make Sergeant (that sounds more fun than farming 100g), but then I wondered...

Mounts are marked as "Bind when used" so it seems I could hand my money over to a Sergeant friend (who also is honored in Undercity) and have them buy my mount for me, saving me 100g.

Has anyone done this?  It seems totally fine, but it's a very expensive experiment if the mount can't be somehow passed to me...
[right][snapback]94513[/snapback][/right]

I didn't even know there was a sergeant discount and I is one. Sergeant is only rank 3 right? I think you can make that in one week, especially since I think this weekend is an AB holiday.

If you don't want to PvP, my priest can buy it for you.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Concillian,Nov 10 2005, 12:50 PM Wrote:I didn't even know there was a sergeant discount and I is one. Sergeant is only rank 3 right?  I think you can make that in one week, especially since I think this weekend is an AB holiday.

So this means we should have Sergeants+ in the guild buy people's mounts. Reduces the regular mount total cost from 90g down to 80g also.

Quote:If you don't want to PvP, my priest can buy it for you.
[right][snapback]94519[/snapback][/right]

I think Yuri will be able to buy it for me -- if not then I will definitely ask for such a favor. Thanks Zarathustra for the caveat -- I was going to have an undead do it since other races don't necessarily have honored rep with UC, but this makes it more important.

I thought for a moment I would actually have something to accomplish by doing PvP beyond having fun...
vor_lord,Nov 10 2005, 01:15 PM Wrote:I thought for a moment I would actually have something to accomplish by doing PvP beyond having fun...

Killing murderous Alliance scum is its own reward.
vor_lord,Nov 10 2005, 03:15 PM Wrote:So this means we should have Sergeants+ in the guild buy people's mounts.  Reduces the regular mount total cost from 90g down to 80g also.

The L40 mount only costs 80 gold. Riding lessons cost 20 gold. The epic mount costs 900 gold and riding lessons cost 100 gold.

So with Sgt discount you have 64 gold for the mount and 16 gold for the lessons. Or 720 gold for the mount and 80 gold for the riding lessons.

It's easier to just lump the costs together but when you have someone else buy for you you can only get the discount on the mount and not the lesson (unless you get the rank yourself). So no Sgt for you and someone else buying would but 810 gold (since I assume you have honored status with your home faction) not 800. Not a huge difference but a differnce. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Gnollguy,Nov 10 2005, 04:07 PM Wrote:The L40 mount only costs 80 gold.  Riding lessons cost 20 gold.  The epic mount costs 900 gold and riding lessons cost 100 gold.

So with Sgt discount you have 64 gold for the mount and 16 gold for the lessons.  Or 720 gold for the mount and 80 gold for the riding lessons.
[right][snapback]94528[/snapback][/right]

I wasn't aware that you needed Epic mount riding lessons? The only riding lesson I ever bought was the 20g one in Darnassus. When I bought my Frostsaber, the reins themselves were priced at 800g (becuase I'm a Sgt). Even cross race, to the best of my knowledge, only need the 20G riding skill (though if you are going cross class, you have to be Exalted before they'll teach you.)
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Gnollguy,Nov 10 2005, 02:07 PM Wrote:So with Sgt discount you have 64 gold for the mount and 16 gold for the lessons.

Not a huge difference but a difference.  :)
[right][snapback]94528[/snapback][/right]

Good catch!

Glad you have my back GG ;)

edit: Realized the same thing as Mirajj about not needing lessons for epic riding. According to the item it requires the same skill that I already learned at level 40 (Undead Horsemanship(1)).

But what you say is true for non-sergeants buying level 40 riding skill.
We are at a lack of dwarves that like to pvp in our guild, or on the server it seems.

I have bought 2 mounts so far for people... epic and regular, works fine! ^_^
MaxPower#1485 60 SC Barb/32 HC Witch Doctor/22 HC Wizard/17 HC Demon Hunter
Mirajj,Nov 10 2005, 04:24 PM Wrote:I wasn't aware that you needed Epic mount riding lessons? The only riding lesson I ever bought was the 20g one in Darnassus. When I bought my Frostsaber, the reins themselves were priced at 800g (becuase I'm a Sgt). Even cross race, to the best of my knowledge, only need the 20G riding skill (though if you are going cross class, you have to be Exalted before they'll teach you.)
[right][snapback]94529[/snapback][/right]

Ha yep not epic riding skill. Wonder where I got that from? Oh well call me a monkey. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
GG is a monkey :P
Mirajj,Nov 10 2005, 03:24 PM Wrote:When I bought my Frostsaber, the reins themselves were priced at 800g (becuase I'm a Sgt).
[right][snapback]94529[/snapback][/right]
** makes note to have Mirajj buy Lochnar's Frostsaber when he finally gets the rep ** (should be no later than 2008) :blink:
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
LochnarITB,Nov 11 2005, 03:38 AM Wrote:** makes note to have Mirajj buy Lochnar's Frostsaber when he finally gets the rep ** (should be no later than 2008) :blink:
[right][snapback]94555[/snapback][/right]

The time is now, Loch. ;) We've chased out and gotten banned those two farmers who were haunting Winterfall Village day and night. They are probably right now relevelling new toons to replace the old banned ones. ;) Take advantage while you can. =)
vor_lord,Nov 10 2005, 03:15 PM Wrote:So this means we should have Sergeants+ in the guild buy people's mounts.  Reduces the regular mount total cost from 90g down to 80g also.
I think Yuri will be able to buy it for me -- if not then I will definitely ask for such a favor.  Thanks Zarathustra for the caveat -- I was going to have an undead do it since other races don't necessarily have honored rep with UC, but this makes it more important.

I thought for a moment I would actually have something to accomplish by doing PvP beyond having fun...
[right][snapback]94522[/snapback][/right]
Sergeants this week on Terenas:
Drutar 638 senior sergeant, tauren
Tamainelka 760 sergeant, orc
Fazuul 813 sergeant, tauren
Concillian 717 sergeant, undead
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
Hey! I'm a SENIOR Sergent thank You very much! And I think Flash has one....
<span style="color:red"> Terenas<!--/sizec-->

<span style="color:orange">
Tamainelka- ----62 O Hunter(Eng/Min)
Sharissea--------23 BE Hunter(Skin/Min)
Kaiyleri-----------17 BE Warlock(Tail/Ench)
Crysalisse--------05 BE Mage(Alch/Herb)
Paksarrian--------01 BE Paladin(LW/Smith)

<!--/sizec-->
Mirajj,Nov 11 2005, 04:53 AM Wrote:The time is now, Loch. ;) We've chased out and gotten banned those two farmers who were haunting Winterfall Village day and night. They are probably right now relevelling new toons to replace the old banned ones. ;) Take advantage while you can. =)
[right][snapback]94556[/snapback][/right]

Hurray! Score a victory for the Good Guys™!
Alram,Nov 11 2005, 04:59 AM Wrote:Sergeants this week on Terenas:
Drutar 638 senior sergeant, tauren
Tamainelka 760 sergeant, orc
Fazuul 813 sergeant, tauren
Concillian 717 sergeant, undead
[right][snapback]94557[/snapback][/right]

Missed Yuri, 993 sergeant, undead (Its the guild thing I know, Novus Ordo Seclorum,
but a Lurker at heart)

Should be making senior sergeant next week. I've been averaging ~450 (over 2 weeks) as a "rank for the week". The blizzard delay factor in rankings is holding me back.

week 1 Scout -> Sergeant
week 2 Sergeant 10% -> Sergeant 80%
week 3 200HK (4 WSG matches at 1-3, we had no tanks for flag carriers) should be good enough for the next rank.

I need to get back to Bye for PvP. I'm so hooked on it, but need to push Yuri to 60 first...

BTW, hate gnomes.....no, hate shaman.....no, hate gnomes....no, hate shaman.....
Terenas
Yuri - Mage/Arcane 85 Undead
Thirdrail - Shaman/Resto 85 Tauren
Vicstull - Rogue/Subtlety 85 Troll
Penten - Priest/Discipline 85 Blood Elf
Storage guild Bassomatic
Mirajj,Nov 11 2005, 03:53 AM Wrote:The time is now, Loch. ;) We've chased out and gotten banned those two farmers who were haunting Winterfall Village day and night. They are probably right now relevelling new toons to replace the old banned ones. ;) Take advantage while you can. =)
[right][snapback]94556[/snapback][/right]
Woah! Really? Nice stuff! I was working on my little warrior lady but she may have to be put on hold. That situation was the major reason I hadn't been working on it. I am a no conflict kind of guy. ;)
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
ShadoweSpirit,Nov 11 2005, 08:49 AM Wrote:Hey! I'm a SENIOR Sergent thank You very much! And I think Flash has one....
[right][snapback]94559[/snapback][/right]
Sorry. Please forgive any omissions.
I got my info from the PVP rankings page, sorting the rankings by guild.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
LochnarITB,Nov 12 2005, 01:16 AM Wrote:Woah!&nbsp; Really?&nbsp; Nice stuff!&nbsp; I was working on my little warrior lady but she may have to be put on hold.&nbsp; That situation was the major reason I hadn't been working on it.&nbsp; I am a no conflict kind of guy.&nbsp; ;)
[right][snapback]94621[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, Terra really socked it to them, and they've not been seen back there since. It's going on 2 weeks now. You can, if you get into a groove, do the Winterfall Intrusion quest like it's planned, taking 8-10 minutes per round trip. ;) A far cry from the 20-30 that it would take me, if I had to solo fight those two for kills. Seriously, if you want to get a good head start on your rep, this is a good time. =)