The *real* cable guy
Whew. I am again cautiously giddy.

Last week the sub-contractor, who did not seem really very on top of things, rewired most of my cable drop so I was cautiously hopeful last weekend jumping into ZG with the Tufty crew. 10 minutes in and 3 disconnects later revealed that no *real* improvement was made, and I abandoned my spot for someone who could stay online.

The *real* cable guy came today and discovered that my problem was not the wires (which the other guy replaced), but all the old splitters and connectors that did not allow bidirectional signals. Seems that the modem was getting frustrated in trying to force data upstream and would eventually give up and shutdown. He went around and replaced all the junctions with digital data approved ones and things seem infinitly better.

Luckily, it was healthy enough the last day such that I could attend last nights drubbing at the hands of Razorgore.

So, the *real* cable guy is still going to send the sub-contractor back to do some clean up work, but generally I believe my problems are over.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Looking forward to seeing you around again!