SR - Wednesday Late Night Raid #1
As the title and description state, raid for Live Side Stratholme November 9th, 10:30 PM ST.

More information available here.

Posted signups here are valid, but signing up for the Basin forums is highly recommended :P
hiryuu1115,Nov 3 2005, 02:36 AM Wrote:but signing up for the Basin forums is highly recommended :P
[right][snapback]93968[/snapback][/right]
and from your carpeaurum.com Events forum post:

Quote:or if you're too lazy to sign up for the Basin forums, you can sign up here
I have no intention of signing up for the Basin forums, but not because I'm lazy. It has nothing to do with the quality of the Basin either. If I sign up for a forum, it is because I intend to read and post to that forum. I often don't have the time to keep up with my home forum, the Lurker Lounge, and I decided long ago that I didn't want to also take on the Basin.

There is no reason anyone should be guilted into signing up for one of the other forums. Avarice is an alliance, not a guild. The one concession to that is that we need to have a central location for Avarice raid signups so that the raid leaders don't need to chase down multiple lists to do their invites. It is my understanding that the carpeaurum.com Events forum is that central location.

My belief is that raids intended to draw from all Avarice guilds should have their signup on the carpeaurum.com Events forum. I don't even think cross posting should be necessary. Anyone that wants to raid with the other Avarice guilds should be checking the CA Events forum for signups. Signups posted to any of the home forums - LL, Basin, [guilds I'm forgetting] or even a CA forum other than Events - should be with the intention of drawing from that guild alone, with the knowledge that fill ins can be gotten through the Guilded channel in game.

That is my 2 coppers worth of rant, brought on by being called lazy for not being fickle by paying attention to another forum and making my forum jealous.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Well, looks like I've gone and done it again :\

It was not my intention to offend anyone with my word choice, but it looks like I did. My apologies.

I respect your reasoning for not signing up for a forum, as that makes perfect sense.

As for keeping signups for Avarice events on the Carpe Aurum forums, was there some kind of post or notice on that posted somewhere?
Think that was more a consensus arrived at by the 40-man raid leaders. The 20-man and smaller raids are different.
hiryuu1115,Nov 3 2005, 09:38 AM Wrote:Well, looks like I've gone and done it again :\

It was not my intention to offend anyone with my word choice, but it looks like I did. My apologies.

I respect your reasoning for not signing up for a forum, as that makes perfect sense.

As for keeping signups for Avarice events on the Carpe Aurum forums, was there some kind of post or notice on that posted somewhere?
[right][snapback]93985[/snapback][/right]
It wasn't so much being offended. It was that I've seen things messed up by miscommunication when coordinating things through multiple sites. It was generally something like "didn't you read xyz post on the abc forum?" But it could just as well be: "Why am I left out, I signed up on abc forum?" "Oh, it must have been after I looked there, sorry." In fact, I brought this same thing up with Tuft. He likes to have his signups on the Basin, but his concession to Avarice is that he will regularly check each forum, without bias, and add names from each and he points people directly to any posted info he expects them to have. There is no expectation that the player has read through the other guild's forum.

I still believe that any raid, 10 or 40, drawing from all of Avarice, should have the signup on carpeaurum.com Events forum for everyone's convenience. I can't say that I've seen an official post directly detailing signups. It has come from posts by Avarice leaders generally referring to the Events forum as the official Avarice raid signup.

It probably would be a good idea for Avarice raid council members to chime in on this. If I'm wrong about the CA Events forum being the preferred Avarice signup location, it would be good to know so that I'm not steering folks wrong here.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
When I was running weekly raids, I was only posting on the Basin boards, but anyone in Avarice was welcome to come, and many did. When I start running raids again, the signups will again live on the Basin forums.

I don't see how a Strat raid signup *must* live on the CA forums, just because we'd like to welcome our friends in the alliance on the run. Seriously, do we really need the raid council to weigh in on a Strat run?

Personally, I find that checking all 3 boards doesn't take much time, and there's only one place you'd have to check on the Basin board, and that is the Stormrage Scheduling forum. It's actually quite a bit easier than sifting through the Meeting Place here, since there are events for different realms listed here. I actually already had signed up on the LL boards, but as soon as the alliance got into full swing, I started checking them regularly and chiming in when I could, and I signed up for the CA boards as soon as the alliance was being discussed. On the other hand, I know that there are some in The Basin who don't even regularly read our forums, so I would never say that forum participation on all of the alliance boards is mandatory, I just like to participate in the community, and the forums are another way for me to do that.