WOW - The Burning Crusade
From the Gamestop Shop:

World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade Expansion Pack

Is anyone here who's not going to pay 50 bucks for the expansion (if it costs that much)?
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
nobbie,Nov 4 2005, 10:04 AM Wrote:From the Gamestop Shop:

Is anyone here who's not going to pay 50 bucks for the expansion (if it costs that much)?
[right][snapback]94097[/snapback][/right]
That's likely the price, and I know I'll be buying. Blizzard is my crack provider, and I'm a happy addict. :wub:
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight
$50 for the expansion?? Cough, cough....I supose I'll end up buying, but likely not in the early days. Takes me some time to justify that kind of expense for an expansion pack. Eeek! :P
VoiceMan

Terenas:
Bloodmourne - 85 Blood Elf Death Knight <Lurkers>
Vreeslik - 85 Undead Warlock <Lurkers>
Fazuul - 70 Tauren Druid <Lurkers>
Ooh - 70 Troll Rogue <Lurkers>
Gorkuk- 63 Orc Hunter <Lurkers>
Rojaal - 70 Blood Elf Paladin <Lurkers>
VoiceMan,Nov 4 2005, 02:09 PM Wrote:$50 for the expansion??&nbsp; Cough, cough....I supose I'll end up buying, but likely not in the early days.&nbsp; Takes me some time to justify that kind of expense for an expansion pack.&nbsp; Eeek!&nbsp; :P
[right][snapback]94103[/snapback][/right]

And I'll be picking up two copies when it comes out!
Pesmerga,Nov 4 2005, 11:11 AM Wrote:And I'll be picking up two copies when it comes out!
[right][snapback]94104[/snapback][/right]

Afraid Emily will destroy one? :shuriken: :whistling:
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Lissa,Nov 4 2005, 02:24 PM Wrote:Afraid Emily will destroy one?&nbsp; :shuriken:&nbsp; :whistling:
[right][snapback]94108[/snapback][/right]

Don't even joke. :shuriken: She destroyed a copy of one of my PC games. (I was sort of being a <expletive>, and kind of deserved it)

But by that point, Emily will have the game as well (and a laptop, which I have yet to purchase), so she'll need her own copy.
Pesmerga,Nov 4 2005, 02:30 PM Wrote:But by that point, Emily will have the game as well (and a laptop, which I have yet to purchase), so she'll need her own copy.
[right][snapback]94109[/snapback][/right]

You've been saying that for 6 months. =P
Darian Redwin - just some dude now
Darian,Nov 4 2005, 02:45 PM Wrote:You've been saying that for 6 months.&nbsp; =P
[right][snapback]94111[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, I have been. But the wife likes paying for the wedding photos and cat visits to the vet, and so forth first! Oh, and rent. But now that the wedding is over, I THINK we might be able to afford a laptop and a copy of WoW. :P Then again, Quark could buy WoW for Emily for Christmas. :D She'd appreciate it coming from Quark.
Yep, two copies here, too. Hopefully by then, though, Aranea will be lvl 60, and we can explore the new stuff together. ;)
~Not all who wander are lost...~
nobbie,Nov 4 2005, 10:04 AM Wrote:From the Gamestop Shop:

So... I challenge your web site's wild price guess to fight to the death with MY web site's wild price guess!

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/259896.asp

Blizz hasn't any clue what the expansion is going to cost. These guys are just guessing.
nobbie,Nov 4 2005, 12:04 PM Wrote:From the Gamestop Shop:

I'll be coughing up $50 for it, assuming I'm still playing at the time (and maybe even if I'm not). :)

It seems like a good buy for the fun-factor over time equation. I'm being an optimist and thinking I'll be able to do some things in the Outlands without having much epic gear.

One hopes they won't do what SWG just did, announcing a major game mechanics change just after everyone pre-ordered their expansion. :angry:
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Bun-Bun,Nov 4 2005, 03: Wrote:I'll be coughing up $50 for it, assuming I'm still playing at the time (and maybe even if I'm not). :)

It seems like a good buy for the fun-factor over time equation. I'm being an optimist and thinking I'll be able to do some things in the Outlands without having much epic gear.

One hopes they won't do what SWG just did, announcing a major game mechanics change just after everyone pre-ordered their expansion.&nbsp; :angry:
[right][snapback]94125[/snapback][/right]

I for one wish you could be in more of our 40 man raids! I miss the Bun-Bun!

Treesh and I will do our best to scrounge up the money for two copies. If I'm healthy enough (and I am getting better but it is taking a long time...) to be working before then I'm sure we'll pay for it.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
nobbie,Nov 4 2005, 11:04 AM Wrote:Is anyone here who's not going to pay 50 bucks for the expansion (if it costs that much)?
Well, given that the release date is my birthday, I don't actually have to pay, do I? Oh well, guess that probably won't fly. Nobody cares! Nobody will buy me presents! Oh woe is me... sigh... <_< :( But, yeah, I'll be paying for it. Even if it comes to groceries or WoW, Wow is going to win any day.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
I had been thinking that I may well have moved on from WoW by the time the Expansion comes out. But next March is quite soon, much sooner than I'd anticipated

I like WoW very much but I run out of things to do at 60. I've had a lot of problems finding a suitable raiding guild. Most use teamspeak which my PC can't handle as well WoW. This leads to a frustrating rhythym of pull, kill, do nothing for 3 minutes while the others talk, pull. Same with PvP, once you've killed everyone and been killed by them a few times there's not much newness to expect. Add to that I really don't like the general rudeness of many gamers (the "omfg heal noob" types) and I find myself soloing more in WoW than I used to in D2

I'm looking forward to the Expansion but I'm looking forward more to a game where I like most of the people I find myself playing with, which isn't the case with WoW
With respect to Brista, it took me about 9 months to find a group of people (beyond my real life friends I played with) I truly enjoyed playing with. Server hopping helps :)

I'll be buying it unless Oblivion is even more addicting than Morrowind which I fully expect it to be :D And I'll probably still buy it; Outlands just looks too damn cool to miss.
"Just as individuals are born, mature, breed and die, so do societies, civilizations and governments."
Muad'Dib - Children of Dune
nobbie,Nov 4 2005, 06:04 PM Wrote:From the Gamestop Shop:

Considering how much there is left in the normal game, and still will be for me when the expansion is out (the dat must just be some complete guess, game stores always do that, if for no other reason than to get pre orders). I would probably wait a bit anyway, until price drops. To be honest, I don't think I have ever bought a Blizzard expansion, so perhaps this should be a first, who knows, but I mihgt as well be boored of the game by then :)
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.