Avarice vs. Ragnaros
Tuftears,Nov 4 2005, 05:19 PM Wrote:Good opportunity to mention something that I've found to be true of Avarice Alliance healing, by the way, it seems current raid leaders tend to put priests with the first parties and treat druids as backup healers.[right][snapback]94143[/snapback][/right]
This is something I've pointed out, too. I think it's just a symptom of the general consensus amongst those who have never played Priests/Druids that Priests are OMGWTFBBQ so much better than Druids at healing.

Druids are superior main tank healers. They can more efficiently keep a tank (a single-target) vertical than a Priest. In fact, it's inefficient to NOT do this and waste Druids on FFA healing or, worse yet, to stand around as Innervatebots.

The Priest's strengths are in group healing, fast saves on non-tanks, and the ability to Fade out of a bad situation - all things that are more difficult for a Druid but generally don't come into play if they're main healing a tank. I've cast PW:Shield on tanks maybe 3 times in 4 weeks in MC, but cast it quite a bit more to save a mage, rogue, hunter, warlock etc from biting it long enough for a heal to land.

It took a Sulf attempt to make that abundantly clear once, when we had 5 Druids in the raid and assigned them to be the tank healers. Priests sat back and dispelled, and we did just fine.

That being said, if you're a Druid lover please remember that many of us chose Priests to be awesome healers, and there can be resentment of Druid players perceived as "stepping on" our "turf" when you're capable of doing other things.

So STFU and Innervate me. :)

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Videos! - Fraps'd for your viewing pleasure.

A few notes:

1. The sound I recorded was both terrible (especially TS, which was badly garbled), and stretched, so it was badly out of sync. I removed it and added some music rather than force you to listen to long minutes of silence. I'm curious if folks can identify all the songs. :)<>
  2. Both videos use the DivX 5.2.1 codec. You can get it here. I can't find anywhere to get only the codec.<>
  3. Summoning Ragnaros is a pretty momentous event. I encourage you to wait and see it in person if you have not seen it already.<>
  4. I've never hosted such big files on my server, or files that so many people will be downloading. So be gentle! And let me know if there are any problems. A quick test download gave me about 500 KB/s, so we should be fine.<>
    [st]Without further ado!

- Avarice's Second Domo Kill (133.8 MB)
    - Avarice Summons Ragnaros! (79.1 MB)

It was a wonderful night and I'm very glad I was able to record it for posterity. Hope you enjoy :)

Ps. I dodged Ragnaros. :shuriken:
The error occurred on line -1.
Awesome seeing the domo fight from that angle. I've been there as a tank on a guard as a tank on domo and as a druid in a corner healing "the last tank standing". Very nice to see the fight from the DPS side. :)

You were standing pretty much right by me for the rag taping so that looked very familiar. :)

edit: if you want to see Ragnaros in person we are trying to summon him again on Saturday. Sign up thread is here: http://www.carpeaurum.com/modules.php?name...viewtopic&t=400
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Gnollguy,Nov 5 2005, 02:37 AM Wrote:edit:&nbsp; if you want to see Ragnaros in person we are trying to summon him again on Saturday.&nbsp; Sign up thread is here: http://www.carpeaurum.com/modules.php?name...viewtopic&t=400
[right][snapback]94179[/snapback][/right]
Not the best place to put this but I guess it is just a quick comment so it's OK. It was great to get Domo to submit and summon Rags. It is my understanding that we have to do the Domo submission again to get Rags up. From my view, this submission wasn't quite as smooth as the previous time we did it. The difference? This time, DPS was moving to the current target. In the previous, the tank for the kill team (Darian?) dragged the target back to the DPS that remained at the top of the ramp. LOS and camera angles can actually hide the targeting circle so it can be a little confusing which target we are trying to get range on, not to mention having to run through some AOE on the way. I would like to see the drag back technique on the next try, if possible.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Lissa,Nov 4 2005, 02:52 PM Wrote:Huh?&nbsp; We've been hearing exactly the opposite.&nbsp; We do realize that Rag-OH-NOES' submersion is timed and he can come up while still fighting the sons.&nbsp; Besides, banishing them would allow the raid to deal with them more easily from what I can tell.
[right][snapback]94081[/snapback][/right]

I've not seen any videos where sons have been banished. The reason I mentioned it is that we've had Ragnaros re-emerge after all the sons except banished ones were dead; i.e. that it seemed like banished mobs were NOT counted by Ragnaros as still alive (he'll re-emerge when all sons are dead even if the timer isn't up yet).

If you're going to banish you need someone who's going to grab the banished mob when it breaks, otherwise it'll head straight for the lock who's usually going to be with the rest of the casters, and their mana burn hurts.
You don't know what you're talking about.
LochnarITB,Nov 5 2005, 06:58 AM Wrote:Not the best place to put this but I guess it is just a quick comment so it's OK.&nbsp; It was great to get Domo to submit and summon Rags.&nbsp; It is my understanding that we have to do the Domo submission again to get Rags up.&nbsp; From my view, this submission wasn't quite as smooth as the previous time we did it.&nbsp; The difference?&nbsp; This time, DPS was moving to the current target.&nbsp; In the previous, the tank for the kill team (Darian?) dragged the target back to the DPS that remained at the top of the ramp.&nbsp; LOS and camera angles can actually hide the targeting circle so it can be a little confusing which target we are trying to get range on, not to mention having to run through some AOE on the way.&nbsp; I would like to see the drag back technique on the next try, if possible.
[right][snapback]94182[/snapback][/right]
Also, people were starting DPS on things that Darian had targetted, but had not called DPS ON yet. That's why you see me standing there /shrugging while Skybreak's mob is being blasted. There was never a DPS call on it.
Zippyy,Nov 7 2005, 12:05 AM Wrote:Also, people were starting DPS on things that Darian had targetted, but had not called DPS ON yet.[right][snapback]94278[/snapback][/right]

That was true, and that was a (minor) problem when I was breaking the sheep, which is part of why I wasn't able to drag them back into the proper engagement location as quickly as I wanted to. However,

Quote:That's why you see me standing there /shrugging while Skybreak's mob is being blasted.&nbsp; There was never a DPS call on it.

When moving to a mob which has already been in tank-lockdown such as this, everyone should in fact assume that it's immediate DPS time when we reach that point in the kill order. Skybreak had permanent aggro at that point, so there's no reason to wait for a call.
Darian Redwin - just some dude now
Darian,Nov 7 2005, 05:46 AM Wrote:Skybreak had permanent aggro at that point, so there's no reason to wait for a call.
[right][snapback]94289[/snapback][/right]
Gotcha. I wasn't worried that I was going to pull aggro, I just wanted to be hitting the right mob. In that fight I think the dps calls serve as "kill this one now" instead of "it's safe to attack this one now." Since you had a different mob targetted than the one folks was hitting, and there hadn't been a dps call on either, I wasn't sure what to do. Obviously it didn't matter, and we won quite handily, it was just a very slight bit of confusion. :)

/dance
Here's a pretty good snapshot I took before our attempt.

Avarice vs Ragnaros - First time

”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]