Shocking Tally of Iraq Civilian Causalities
Occhi, I've usage in Vietnam similar to your attempted use of WP in your training mission. They would throw WP down a hole and the smoke produced would frequently cause the enemy to vacate the hole and any connecting tunnel openings would also vent the smoke. Perhaps WP was used to flush tenacious insurgents from their positions also. Until we get disclosure from the Government or reliable sources that were there it's only guesswork though.

One thing that is getting under my skin about this whole thing is the phrase "used against civilians." I would bet almost zero of our munitions used during the entire conflict were employed against civilians. Civilians may have been injured or killed by some but that is much different than saying they were employed against civilians.
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
jahcs,Nov 21 2005, 10:36 AM Wrote:One thing that is getting under my skin about this whole thing is the phrase "used against civilians."  I would bet almost zero of our munitions used during the entire conflict were employed against civilians.  Civilians may have been injured or killed by some but that is much different than saying they were employed against civilians.
[right][snapback]95415[/snapback][/right]

Is deliberately false writing by professional journalists acceptable, or not? To some it is, I suppose.

Wait, sorry, my error. I forget that the game being played is J'accuse, VanVendi's latest bored game of international propaganda wars.
*Don Pardo Voice*
You play the role of Sean Hanity and lambaste anyone who disagrees with your patented "Fair and Balanced" media product. Win points when you slander a Senator with Ann Coulter's help, lose points when your response helps Al Franken sell thousands more copies of his book!

You play a CNN Live reporter, and spin a story from Bosnia or Somalia! Or Chechnya. You depict Shock and Awe as Armegeddon, and all about you in your hotel room.

You play the role of heroic Al Jizz Here Yeah reporters, and fill the airways with pictures of boxes covered in flags! What will you choose to claim is in them? Your score will be determined by the outrageousness of your claims.

You play a White House press secretary! Do you accuse selected Democrats of lying about Saddam's WMD programs, do you contradict the General running the war, or do you attack the press for not treating the President as G.W. "Burning" Bush.

This game PWNs Stop the Presses, Milton Bradley's board game of media conglomeration. It's a real conversation catalyst at Christmas parties. Put the Pictionary away, folks, put away Scruples! Play VanVendi's J'accuse!

Remember, if you yell it loud enough and often enough, you can insist it's the truth!

Send $24.95 (Certified check or money order) to:

J'accuse TV Offer
VanVendi
P.O. Box 5448111
Somewhere, CA 99900

Occhi

Alternatively, send $24.95 to Caffeinaholocs Anonymous. The need for treatment exceeds the resources available.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
eppie,Nov 21 2005, 08:08 AM Wrote:That is true. In the before we mainly saw very positive news about the Iraq war and about the reasons to go there. Now, when Bush is already taking a beating, the media dares finally again to be critical. We needed them earlier I would say.
[right][snapback]95403[/snapback][/right]

While I agree with you in a general sense, sensation sells, so the media's feeding frenzy is not surprising.

The greater error was not in the media, but in both parties of the US Congress between fall 2002 and spring 2003. The decision to finally undertake hard questions and critical thinking 3 years too late is a very bad case of looking for the barn door handle after the horse, the goat, and the chickens have all left the farm.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete