New Alliance Race
... WORGEN?! Maybe. Shamelessly copied from an allied guild forum:

"The people of Gilneas entombed themselves in their isolated peninsula at the outbreak of the Undead Scourge, erecting the Greymane Wall to keep out the demons and walking dead of the cursed army. To this day, refugees from the ravaged villages of Lordaeron gather at it, crying for safe haven from the Forsaken that now claim Silverpine Forest as their own.

Yet it is not much better behind the wall. For agents of the crazed wizard Arugal have infiltrated the once-prosperous land and spread a dark curse among the populace. As the first tainted moon climbed into the sky, screams rendered the countryside as the inhabitants of Gilneas changed forms and became the crazed Worgen. Few retained their minds. Many became wild and bloodthirsty.

Those who remained in control of their thoughts waged a war hidden from the eyes of the rest of the world, slaying former friends and family in an effort to preserve what little life still hoped for survival. Naming themselves the Nightcry after that first terrifying moonrise, they fought until they found themselves drained of resources and the will to continue the bloody battles alone.

Unable to conceal their horrid existence from the world any longer, a new sun rises over Gilneas. The Alliance has opened its gates to the refugees and an effort is now underway to restore humanity to the Nightcry Worgen. As one of their number, you must prove yourself a capable ally to the Alliance's cause and master the powers granted to you against your will in order to free your land...no matter how much blood you must shed.

alsiug: Their zone is south of Silverpine, and it's called Gilneas. It's a level 1-10 zone and the general flow of the quests there focuses on fighting Worgen and agents of Arugal, as well as various enraged species of wildlife. There's also a threat from a renegade navy that disbanded from Kul Tiras and is ravaging the coasts with cannonfire.

The Greymane Wall is under lock and key and you are not allowed to pass through it until your mid-20s, when quests begin pointing you to Shadowfang Keep.

Their 10-20 zone is on Kul Tiras, an island south of Gilneas and west of Menethil. It serves as a sister city to Menethil. One boat transports you between Gilneas and Kul Tiras, the other between Kul Tiras and Menethil. Kul Tiras is an island with strong navy tones and mood to it, and there's lots of crab-bashing and pirate-killing on it.

After that, logically, you leave the protected areas and head to the contested zones. The closest, of course, is the Wetlands.

No details about their play mechanics were leaked, so unfortunately there's no info about their racials.

The expansion pack site had a URL like... www.worldofwarcraft.com/yaddayadda/bloodelves.html. Someone changed the URL around, plugging in various race names and eventually hit worgen.html. It was posted on the general post, but the URL was deleted within two minutes of the post. I myself saw it. All the images were broken, but the text was there.

Take it as you will."
See you in Town,
-Z
This had better be true - it is entirely too awesome not to be. It qualifies on the things that Blizz had said too - it's not something we'd ever have thought of, it's an Alliance 'ugly' (well, kinda evil looking but very cool in my opinion) race to balance the Horde 'pretty', and it is cool enough to keep a mass migration to the Blood Elves.
[Image: gurnseyheader6lk.jpg]
Quite an interesting read. Sounds actualy quite plausible.

One small detail stands out however - if the name of the race is Nightcry, wouldn't the URL be blahblah/nightcry.html instead of blahblah/worgen.html?
lemekim,Nov 3 2005, 12:53 PM Wrote:Quite an interesting read. Sounds actualy quite plausible.

One small detail stands out however - if the name of the race is Nightcry, wouldn't the URL be blahblah/nightcry.html instead of blahblah/worgen.html?
[right][snapback]93993[/snapback][/right]
They may not have settled on the name yet so left it as worgen.html for now.
Intolerant monkey.
lemekim,Nov 3 2005, 10:53 AM Wrote:One small detail stands out however - if the name of the race is Nightcry, wouldn't the URL be blahblah/nightcry.html instead of blahblah/worgen.html?
[right][snapback]93993[/snapback][/right]
Possibly the same reason that Undead is used for the Forsaken many times, though all Forsaken are Undead but not all Undead are Forsaken -> all Nightcry are Worgen but not all Worgen are Nightcry.

Actually, the Forsaken and Nightcry are fairly similar; however, while the Nightcry are probably after a cure or at least not spreading their 'curse', the Forsaken are out to make the whole world undead.
If this is indeed true, then I would like to see how they connect this new worgen race to the ones introduced by the "Scythe of Elune" storyline that starts out of Ashenvale and explains how they got to Duskwood. If I recall correctly, the worgen in the scythe quest were a race that a certain night elf priestess "just happened to find" in an attempt to thwart the Shadow Council / Burning Legion in Felwood. However this new race, according to the writeup, were formerly humans.

Still, it would be pretty interesting. Although it would probably break the hearts of those who were hoping the new race would be Pandaren. Hehehe...
First thought: TOO FREAKING COOL!

Second thought: The story behind how the information was obtained is very plausible, and I believe this is legit.

I could be biased, as the thought of playing a werewolf like race is VERY appealing to me. Looks like I will again play alliance, if this proves to be true...
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight
It sounds plausible to me. All bets are off until something official is announced of course.
If this is true I will be leaving horde at the earliest opportunity to play one , I am a big fan of the Werewolf genre , these guys fit the bill , at least in the looks department . If the new race is Worgen I can see a lot of players heading alliance side to play , more so than Blood Elves , I think alliance will far outnumber horde with Worgen as a playable race :) more so than they do already :P

Take care
Take care
Zarathustra,Nov 3 2005, 11:28 AM Wrote:... WORGEN?!  Maybe.  Shamelessly copied from an allied guild forum:
Take it as you will."
[right][snapback]93989[/snapback][/right]

Diablo II expansion adds a new char class, Druid, who can be a werewolf.

WoW Expansion adds a new char class, Worgen, who can be a werewolf.

Am I seeing a pattern, or just the inherent paradigms and limitations of the fantasy genre?

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Nov 3 2005, 01:50 PM Wrote:Diablo II expansion adds a new char class, Druid, who can be a werewolf.

WoW Expansion adds a new char class, Worgen, who can be a werewolf.

Am I seeing a pattern, or just the inherent paradigms and limitations of the fantasy genre?

Occhi
[right][snapback]94013[/snapback][/right]
They are also adding socketed weapons and armor <_< Go go Blizzard self-plagurism (not that I am complaining).
Gurnsey,Nov 3 2005, 01:58 PM Wrote:They are also adding socketed weapons and armor&nbsp; <_<&nbsp; Go go Blizzard self-plagurism (not that I am complaining).
[right][snapback]94014[/snapback][/right]

So when is the announcement for runes and extra transmute recipies?

Maybe we should start a pool
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Concillian,Nov 3 2005, 02:00 PM Wrote:So when is the announcement for runes and extra transmute recipies?&nbsp;

Maybe we should start a pool

Where's the chat gem?

What would be really cool is if your character was human by day and wolf by night the way the citizens of Pyrewood Village are.
MongoJerry,Nov 3 2005, 06:46 PM Wrote:What would be really cool is if your character was human by day and wolf by night the way the citizens of Pyrewood Village are.
[right][snapback]94020[/snapback][/right]

THAT would be cool. Especially if there were different racials depending on the time of day.
Tal,Nov 3 2005, 06:50 PM Wrote:THAT would be cool. Especially if there were different racials depending on the time of day.
[right][snapback]94021[/snapback][/right]

That would especially rock since i'm usually playing late at night :w00t:
Currently enjoying liberating the land of Sanctuary

[Image: arethor.jpg]
Stormrage - US (Inactive)
More bones to chew on ;)

[Image: 155517wowpanda5km_754.jpg]

"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
nobbie,Nov 3 2005, 04:04 PM Wrote:More bones to chew on ;)

OK, you don't throw out a teaser like that without at least telling us where you got it and what it's about. I *seriously* doubt that the pandarians will become a playable race. I am inclined to believe that we will see some 3rd party NPC pandas, however. I could be wrong, but right now the worgen idea sounds the most plausible to me.
I have no clue whether that's a playable Pandaren, or an NPC. I've just found the picture in the web ;)
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
nobbie,Nov 4 2005, 12:10 AM Wrote:I have no clue whether that's a playable Pandaren, or an NPC. I've just found the picture in the web ;)
[right][snapback]94031[/snapback][/right]

The head looks terribly photoshopped on.
You don't know what you're talking about.
lfd,Nov 4 2005, 02:02 AM Wrote:The head looks terribly photoshopped on.
[right][snapback]94041[/snapback][/right]
And the body? :)