New blizzcon info
Mage forum post

A mage posted the notes he had taken from the class panel at blizzcon. Man interesting things to note. A little bit of bad news for some as well.

Few notes:
-Devs recognized problems with mages and current fire resistant instances and such
-Hero classes will come before any new base classes
-Shard bag basically on indefinite hold due to technological hurdles (it seems they're having problems implementing a bag within a bag, even though it seemed originally like they wanted it to act like an ammo bag, taking a normal slot)
-sockets will stack with enchants and poisons
-talents will just be added so you could go 30/31 but then you'd miss out on the new 41 point talent
-weapon procs will be added on heal and spell hit eventually
- 1.9 will allow for queueing in multiple battlegrounds

I'm a bit upset about the shard bag and also the talents a bit. the shard bag has been promised since April, with "more info coming soon" since July, and now they make a mention that they're having huge problems and don't say anything in the warlock forum. As for talents, I don't like that a few classes have crazy 31/21 combinations(death wish/mortal strike), while others are kind of left with nothing (priests).
Stormrage
Raelynn - Gnome Warlock - Herbalism/Alchemy
Markuun - Tauren Shaman - Skinning/Leatherworking
Aredead - Undead Mage - Tailoring/Enchanting

Dethecus
Gutzmek - Orc Shaman - Skinning/Leatherworking
Raelynn,Nov 2 2005, 02:30 PM Wrote:Shard bag basically on indefinite hold due to technological hurdles (it seems they're having problems implementing a bag within a bag, even though it seemed originally like they wanted it to act like an ammo bag, taking a normal slot)
[right][snapback]93893[/snapback][/right]

They did the Horadric Cube, didn't they?
"Just as individuals are born, mature, breed and die, so do societies, civilizations and governments."
Muad'Dib - Children of Dune
ima_nerd,Nov 2 2005, 07:45 AM Wrote:They did the Horadric Cube, didn't they?
[right][snapback]93895[/snapback][/right]
I think that's the kind of thing they're trying to do here. It's the same think they're trying to do with the key ring. It doesn't surprise me they're running into a tech limitation though - I'm guessing the entire bag/storage system may require a redesign to pull it off. I've worked with programming teams enough to know that a little change like this can run up against assumptions made from the start and be surprisingly hard.

The talent thing doesn't really bother me. About half the talent trees have been radically redone over the last year. I suspect the talents we have going into Summer '06 will look even more different. I'm going to wait to freak out about expansion balance issues until we're closer to the delivery. :D
savaughn,Nov 2 2005, 10:51 AM Wrote:I think that's the kind of thing they're trying to do here.  It's the same think they're trying to do with the key ring.  It doesn't surprise me they're running into a tech limitation though - I'm guessing the entire bag/storage system may require a redesign to pull it off.  I've worked with programming teams enough to know that a little change like this can run up against assumptions made from the start and be surprisingly hard.

The talent thing doesn't really bother me.  About half the talent trees have been radically redone over the last year.  I suspect the talents we have going into Summer '06 will look even more different.  I'm going to wait to freak out about expansion balance issues until we're closer to the delivery.  :D
[right][snapback]93898[/snapback][/right]

I understand the problems trying to do "little things" as I've tried things like that before only to run into a wall. I'm more unhappy that they havent' said anything in 3 months to the warlocks after saying "more info would be coming soon" especially with news like this.

As for talents, I know there's a big change going, so I'm not really worrying a ton. I just don't like the fact that several classes, as the trees currently are, become extremely powerful with just one extra talent point, whereas many others don't get anything nearly comparable with that single point (as shown with the example before).
Stormrage
Raelynn - Gnome Warlock - Herbalism/Alchemy
Markuun - Tauren Shaman - Skinning/Leatherworking
Aredead - Undead Mage - Tailoring/Enchanting

Dethecus
Gutzmek - Orc Shaman - Skinning/Leatherworking
Raelynn,Nov 2 2005, 03:06 PM Wrote:As for talents, I know there's a big change going, so I'm not really worrying a ton.  I just don't like the fact that several classes, as the trees currently are, become extremely powerful with just one extra talent point, whereas many others don't get anything nearly comparable with that single point (as shown with the example before).
[right][snapback]93902[/snapback][/right]

From what I can see, Warriors would benefit the most. Deathwish+MS is pretty nice but a less noticeable once is Flurry plus the extra 5% crit from Axe spec or the proc of Sword spec.
"Just as individuals are born, mature, breed and die, so do societies, civilizations and governments."
Muad'Dib - Children of Dune
Raelynn,Nov 2 2005, 11:06 AM Wrote:As for talents, I know there's a big change going, so I'm not really worrying a ton.  I just don't like the fact that several classes, as the trees currently are, become extremely powerful with just one extra talent point, whereas many others don't get anything nearly comparable with that single point (as shown with the example before).
[right][snapback]93902[/snapback][/right]

Problem is, until the new trees come out, you don't know what those people are giving up for not going higher in each tree individually. For them to do it right, though, only solidifies that 60->70 is gonna be a bigger change than 50->60.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Raelynn,Nov 2 2005, 02:30 PM Wrote:-sockets will stack with enchants and poisons

[right][snapback]93893[/snapback][/right]

So uh... When are the charms coming? =P

Sucks about the shard bag though - I think at this point warlocks would be satisfied even with an ammo-pouch like bag anyway, since it would still occupy less space then normal shards.
lemekim,Nov 2 2005, 08:30 AM Wrote:So uh... When are the charms coming? =P

Sucks about the shard bag though - I think at this point warlocks would be satisfied even with an ammo-pouch like bag anyway, since it would still occupy less space then normal shards.
[right][snapback]93907[/snapback][/right]

Actually, a lot of Warlocks would shut up if they removed the shard need from Soulfire and Shadowburn. Those two spells are the main reason (well, moreso Shadowburn than Soulfire) why Warlocks carry such huge numbers of shards on them. Removing the shard requirement from those two spells and allowing you to instantly summon the pet you had out when you took a flight or pet despawned due to distance, would go a long way to satisfying Warlocks.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.