making a Bowazon
Bowazon guide needed
:-) thanks

just using bows and the passive & magic tree maybe, cause that sounds good to.

TheKingofKewl,Oct 31 2005, 09:40 AM Wrote:Bowazon guide needed
:-) thanks

just using bows and the passive & magic tree maybe, cause that sounds good to.
[right][snapback]93676[/snapback][/right]

Take a look over here. There are many ways to build a good bowazon. :)
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

thanks, i'm going to try and deciede on one today ;)

ShadowHM,Oct 31 2005, 03:13 PM Wrote:Take a look over here.    There are many ways to build a good bowazon.  :)
[right][snapback]93680[/snapback][/right]
I've been playing my bowazon for a litte while now, she's level 35.

I have invested abotu 5 points into cold arrow, 6 or 7 in Freeze arrow and a few into Valkerye (excuse spelling) Working to max this eventually, she's tough enough for now. I am working towards maxing critical shot as well, and I have abotu 5 points into strafe. I was wondering if it would be more worthwhile to max strafe or work to put points into pierce shot.

And I am planning to either max freeze arrow or maybe just 10 points?

I guess I need some advice. It seems pierce would be good if I lured them to narrow areas I could get shots through targets. Strafe and Freeze arrow seem a little mana heavy at present so I try to use them sparingly and Valk has a hard time keeping up with me exspecially since I move so fast.

thx

TheKingofKewl,Nov 8 2005, 07:14 PM Wrote:thanks, i'm going to try and deciede on one today ;)
[right][snapback]94415[/snapback][/right]
TheKingofKewl,Nov 11 2005, 07:42 PM Wrote:I've been playing my bowazon for a litte while now, she's level 35.

I have invested abotu 5 points into cold arrow, 6 or 7 in Freeze arrow and a few into Valkerye (excuse spelling) Working to max this eventually, she's tough enough for now.  I am working towards maxing critical shot as well, and I have abotu 5 points into strafe. I was wondering if it would be more worthwhile to max strafe or work to put points into pierce shot.

And I am planning to either max freeze arrow or maybe just 10 points?

I guess I need some advice. It seems pierce would be good if I lured them to narrow areas I could get shots through targets. Strafe and Freeze arrow seem a little mana heavy at present so I try to use them sparingly and Valk has a hard time keeping up with me exspecially since I move so fast.

thx
[right][snapback]94613[/snapback][/right]

I think you would get more use out of strafe or freeze arrow (I don't have much experience with freeze) than you would with pierce. There aren't many tight spaces in most of the game, so you don't want to try and train people all over the map just to find that one small space that pierce would work in.

Valkyrie can be a very good skill once pumped up, I am not sure when the returns start diminishing though.

Hope this helps, and I hope someone else gives better advice, as I do not have much experience with zons!

Yrrek
WWBBD?

>And I am planning to either max freeze arrow or maybe just 10 points?

Depends on your playing style, and if you're playing on ladder or not I guess. Maxed Frozen arrow can be good, but it is pretty mana heavy like you mentioned.

An Act 2 merc with an Insight polearm is one possibility to help you out with mana regeneration, but that's not always an option for everyone. Iirc, 'Insight' is still a ladder only runeword for the standard game.

Worse comes to worse, there's always drinking a mana potion. ;P

> It seems pierce would be good if I lured them to narrow areas I could get shots through targets.

I'm no super duper expert either, I just like playing a few bowazons and frost maidens, and I found pierce is pretty good when combined with Frozen Arrow, especially when monsters are clustered around either the Valkyrie or Decoy.
And plz remember that insight is LADDER-ONLY runeword..
I tried to make and insight just a couple of days ago, but i forgot that i was playing non-ladder character... I was quite mad at that time...
It meant bye bye for an elite 4 socketed polearm and Sol + other runes included in making insight. ;)

Edit: Sorry for saying this again... But i am still quite angry about that thing
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that
counts."
- Winston Churchill

>It meant bye bye for an elite 4 socketed polearm and Sol + other runes included in making insight. ;)

If you're playing at least version 1.10 and up, iirc you can unsocket that with the Hel + TPortal Scroll cube recipe. That is if you still have and want the weapon of course.

Wow, never knew about that.. thx

I guess this means of losing the runes:
Ral + Tir + Tal + Sol and Hel rune of course...

But this info doesn't really help me anymore in this situation... :(
I got so mad that i went to the river of flame and tried to toss the stupid polearm into the lava...
After i realized that this was not possible,
I wandered to act5 and dropped the polearm in the abaddon (or infernal pit, I don't remember), and i guess it still lies there, forgotten...

But thx for the info still
counts."
- Winston Churchill
Chaos if you play on West I might be able to help you out.
I do Nightmare Countess runs and collect runes, or you could try this yourself.
Nightmare count runs usually score me Amn, Tir, Eth, Dol, Sol, Ral, Thul, and thingslike that you could make another. I got a bunch collected up.

Chaostheory,Nov 13 2005, 06:14 PM Wrote:Wow, never knew about that.. thx

I guess this means of losing the runes:
Ral + Tir + Tal + Sol  and Hel rune of course...

But this info doesn't really help me anymore in this situation... :(
I got so mad that i went to the river of flame and tried to toss the stupid polearm into the lava...
After i realized that this was not possible,
I wandered to act5 and dropped the polearm in the abaddon (or infernal pit, I don't remember), and i guess it still lies there, forgotten...
But thx for the info still
[right][snapback]94690[/snapback][/right]
TheKingofKewl,Nov 14 2005, 01:58 AM Wrote:Chaos if you play on West I might be able to help you out.
I do Nightmare Countess runs and collect runes, or you could try this yourself.
Nightmare count runs usually score me Amn, Tir, Eth, Dol, Sol, Ral, Thul, and thingslike that you could make another. I got a bunch collected up.
[right][snapback]94707[/snapback][/right]
I don't play west...
And as u just said, those runes aren't too expensive, few countress runs and i have them back...
counts."
- Winston Churchill