This was gonna be a great Halloween
Rhydderch Hael,Oct 31 2005, 08:57 AM Wrote:Umm, the beer commercial salutes the insanely huge pumpkin grower, not smasher.
[right][snapback]93673[/snapback][/right]
A link to the ad.

And, I quote: "The only thing more enjoyable than seeing a humongous pumpkin - seeing the local hoodlums take a baseball bat to it"
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
If I went through all the trouble to grow a giant pumpkin and some jackass vandalised it... They would find them selves at the bad end of a shotgun loaded with rock salt.

I have rock salt shells for the 10g. I am supremely confident that those would hurt like hell.

And it is officially my least favourite night of the year. I hate this night, and the memories of this night.

Now if you will excuse me, I must go keep an eye out for miscreants, vandals, guys in white sheets with pointy hats that are certainly not ghosts, punks, chumps, dip#$%&s, jackasses, and people that think it's funny to kill livestock in a mock satanic fashion. Anybody lays so much as a finger on my goats... I'll slowly cut off that finger with boltcutters and feed it to them.

Sorry. Hate this night. Always makes me twitchy.
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Doc,Nov 1 2005, 01:13 AM Wrote:Anybody lays so much as a finger on my goats... I'll slowly cut off that finger with boltcutters and feed it to them. [right][snapback]93720[/snapback][/right]
To who? The goats or the miscreants? I need some closure on that anecdote s'il vous plait. :whistling:
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
krishta,Oct 31 2005, 06:20 PM Wrote:Here's this year's effort, entitled "Runs With Scissors"
[right][snapback]93712[/snapback][/right]

I have to say that this picture has made my All Saints' Day. Thje question is, will next year's creation be "trouble sharing with others" or perhaps "difficulty maintaining focus?"

Really though, this is one of those things that makes you think "Gee I wish I thought of that."
ah bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bob
dyah ah dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dth
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
NiteFox,Nov 1 2005, 04:49 AM Wrote:To who? The goats or the miscreants? I need some closure on that anecdote s'il vous plait. :whistling:
[right][snapback]93742[/snapback][/right]

Depends on my mood. If I wanted to be mean, I would feed it back to them.

If I wanted to be evil, I would get ahold of a hank of hair and make them watch the goats eat it.

Either way, that finger aint coming back.

Livestock is all aye ok.

Last night was oddly... Quiet. Not much of anything happened which was really weird. Sort of scared me.
All alone, or in twos,
Some hand in hand
Make their stand.

"Isn't this where...."
Doc,Nov 1 2005, 02:02 PM Wrote:Last night was oddly... Quiet. Not much of anything happened which was really weird. Sort of scared me.
[right][snapback]93756[/snapback][/right]
Damn straight. It was surprisingly quiet Halloween in Chateau Fox last night. Normally, we expect all sorts of trouble coming our way what with the neighbouring housing estate/slum, but all we had were the expected few trick-or-treaters.

Probably has something to do with the rain.

Oh, and the fact that half of the estate was bulldozed flat over the last year.

Anyway, still gotta keep the barricades up. Remember, remember the fifth of November.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Traditionally, where I live, Halloween is called Hell Night. For many many years, the Klan has taken to acting like spooks and scaring folk. Don't happen much in the larger towns and cities, but in the backwoods, and the small towns where the terror still has hold and people don't talk about much or say much, they still do their thing. Good old boys in pickup trucks going around vandalising, raping, robbing, and even killing. Next morning you find some dead folk hanging from trees. People who were "uppity" and may have done something to offend their white supremacist views.

And for the past few years, younger kids have taken to going around to the farms and killing livestock, drawing pentagrams in blood, and other nasty crap like that, trying to create a satanic cult witch scare sort of craze.

But last night was quiet. It really frightened me. I got so tense I was out doing patrols with a gun that had the safety off just waiting for something. That's not like me at all. I am always so careful with my firearms, but last night I was a worried panicked wreck.
All alone, or in twos,
Some hand in hand
Make their stand.

"Isn't this where...."
Here's a picture my girlfriend sent me of her and her very excited pumpkin. Apparently she's trying to be just like the pumpkin. It reminds me of the :D smiley.

[Image: Picture_031-1.jpg]
"Just as individuals are born, mature, breed and die, so do societies, civilizations and governments."
Muad'Dib - Children of Dune
Unfortunately, I don't have a picture, but my friend's pumpkin was similar to "Running with scissors".

Imagine a pumpkin with a huge hole smashed into it, dripping with red paint, the hammer still inside. And don't forget the candle inside for creepy illumination.

Possibly the first pre-vandalization of a pumpkin?
A plague of exploding high-fives.
[Image: image9ka7vw.gif]
You got orange on you.
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation - Henry David Thoreau

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to be invincible.

Chicago wargaming club
:blink: