So who's next?
http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/10/27/mie...ions/index.html

What an absolute embarassment for Bush. I'm kinda of curious what was so juicy in those "priveleged discussions" that would warrant her getting the axe like this. I'm sure a book is already in the works. It's kinda sad though that an individual like Miers doesn't reach the bench because she is woefully under-qualified, failed the judicial questionnaire, etc. but rather doesn't reach it because Bush has some private conversations that he doesn't want released. Wow.

This is an interestng phase in the political landscape of our country right now though. The Republicans seem intent on setting world records for how spectacularly they can embarass themselves, but the Democrats are too tentative and seem unwilling to grow a pair and seize the moment. Perhaps this will clear some room for more Third Party politics? Probably not, but I can hope I suppose.
--Mith

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London
Mithrandir,Oct 27 2005, 02:55 PM Wrote:It's kinda sad though that an individual like Miers doesn't reach the bench because she is woefully under-qualified, failed the judicial questionnaire, etc. but rather doesn't reach it because Bush has some private conversations that he doesn't want released. Wow.
[right][snapback]93331[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, it's info the White House didn't want getting out. But an editorial I read right after Congress said they wanted that info said it gave Bush and Miers the perfect excuse to withdraw the nomination, which was stupid in the first place. It honestly was the best way to save face.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Mithrandir,Oct 27 2005, 11:55 AM Wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/10/27/mie...ions/index.html

What an absolute embarassment for Bush. I'm kinda of curious what was so juicy in those "priveleged discussions" that would warrant her getting the axe like this. I'm sure a book is already in the works. It's kinda sad though that an individual like Miers doesn't reach the bench because she is woefully under-qualified, failed the judicial questionnaire, etc. but rather doesn't reach it because Bush has some private conversations that he doesn't want released. Wow.

This is an interestng phase in the political landscape of our country right now though. The Republicans seem intent on setting world records for how spectacularly they can embarass themselves, but the Democrats are too tentative and seem unwilling to grow a pair and seize the moment. Perhaps this will clear some room for more Third Party politics? Probably not, but I can hope I suppose.
[right][snapback]93331[/snapback][/right]

My wife and I were watching the Daily Show yesterday and Al Franken was the guest. She thought he was acting as though he wants to run for something, from the way he was talking. I OTOH, think he is a worthy candidate for the Supreme Court. He loves this country.

-A
Ashock,Oct 27 2005, 02:15 PM Wrote:She thought he was acting as though he wants to run for something, from the way he was talking.

There has been rumors of him running for U.S. Senate against Norm Collman (of Minnesota) in 2008. (or maybe it's 2006, I can't remember exactly when he comes up for election)