Hints and tips please?
Ok, I love my little (ok, not so little anymore) guild very much, and I love having the guild runs to Scholo, Strat, and BRS, but as we have more and more fun raiding, people are wanting to see the bigger instances, and currently we are not quite ready to venture there. So what are some ways to keep our current runs fun, and get our guild ready for more? In general we do not go out recruiting, so how can we get more people in the guild without direct recruiting? :wacko: We're trying to be picky on who comes in, by having them chat with an officer or two for a while, and group with them, see how we'd like them. Only people we can enjoy chatting to and such can come in, we like to have lots of fun chatter.

I'd like us to grow up a little more, considering that I started this guild at lvl 29, with no idea what SM was,.... or anything really, I think we've come a long ways. :blush: I'd rather not rush going to bigger things, but I'd like it to go just a little faster than it is now, even to just getting regular ZG runs, leave MC for after that. :shuriken:

Ty in advance Lurkers, have fun WoW-ing. B)

-Cyradis

I'd suggest looking for compatible guilds and forming an alliance, using the Guilded mod so you can all have a shared chat and see who in an allied guild is on-line.
Just to back up Tuftears, you really have 3 options if you don't want to recruit:

1) Disband your guild and have it absorbed into a larger raiding guild,
2) Keep going as you are and watch as your members slowly leave to join raiding guilds, or
3) Find some other guilds that are like yours - good players, but just not enough to be raiding consistently - and form an alliance.

Option 3 is much harder than the first 2.

Good luck!

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Bolty,Oct 25 2005, 05:59 PM Wrote:Option 3 is much harder than the first 2.

[right][snapback]93152[/snapback][/right]
But can be quite rewarding if you can pull it off. :) :wub: to avarice folks. :D
Intolerant monkey.
Bolty,Oct 25 2005, 06:59 PM Wrote:Option 3 is much harder than the first 2.
[right][snapback]93152[/snapback][/right]

Can't be that hard, I managed it! =P
Darian Redwin - just some dude now
During your guild runs, leave a couple of spots open and fill them with Puggies. If they seem cool, invite them to the guild. If they are from an even smaller guild then yours, try to absorb them.
oldmandennis,Oct 26 2005, 10:23 AM Wrote:During your guild runs, leave a couple of spots open and fill them with Puggies.  If they seem cool, invite them to the guild.  If they are from an even smaller guild then yours, try to absorb them.
[right][snapback]93227[/snapback][/right]

I do like the ideas of trying to get a few more from PuGs, and we're attepting a guild alliance, although it's tough without something like a guild alliance page similar to a normal guild one.

I most certainly am not going to break the guild and merge, I've put too much work into it, and we're a mixed bunch, not all are 60 raiders, and some enjoy the just fun stuff we have going on, the runs we have are cool for them, but not the only reason they're here.

Thanks for the info guys.
Cyradis,Oct 26 2005, 03:50 PM Wrote:...although it's tough without something like a guild alliance page similar to a normal guild one.

[right][snapback]93246[/snapback][/right]
Check out the "Guilded" mod.

http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod.php?addid=905
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]