Instance guides
I'm tired tired tired of the lounge not having any WoW content. So I'm going to be making some instance guides when I get back. I know some of this stuff is out there already but the lounge doesn't have any. So if you want to help this is the basic format.

Quest Gathering (horde and alliance side).
I want all the quests that take you into an instance mapped out. Screen shots of the map where the NPC's are that give them too, of where you need to go to get stuff for them, the whole list of quests in the chain. Shots of the where things are in the instance itself.

This will also try to include quests that don't actually involve the instance but have objectives that are in the same area as the instance quests will be.

Pre-instance
Stuff you can and should do before going through the instance portal. Uldaman is great for this on alliance side because if you do your work right you can get all the quests that are inside Uldaman done in one trip. Horde isn't that lucky. Screen shots of the areas where important stuff is are again needed.

The instance
Screen shots of the area where the boss encounters are and some directions on how to get there. Data on the bosses, damage type they do, how much an appropriate level toon can expect to take (this is where I need help. I'll need people that are -3 to +2 of the highest level boss in an instance to get there with a group and run some damage meter to show what damage they do with the basic gear set-up you can expect to have).

Basic strats for encounters you will have. This will depend on group of course but tips on what might be good to CC, different basic strats that can be used. For example the golem lord in BRD can be done successfully a couple of different ways. You can off tank him and burn down the golems or you can do what I've had the most success with and that is have an off tank (which is often a hunter pet or even a void walker) tanking him while the warrior holds the two golems and you focsu fire on him then take out the golems. Heck I've held the two golems with a paladin before. :) Anyway stuff like that.

After the instance
Where the quests go, what you can get for rewards (tie's into the quests again). Again screen shots of all this would be nice.

So what can you do to help? Well the biggest help would be screen shots. I don't have level appropriate toons for all this stuff anymore so shots of the quest givers with the ! and ? and quest descriptions would be nice. My 60's can actually go to a lot of the places to get shots of the battle areas, that isn't too big an issues.

If you have a basic plan of where the quests are and what chains and hidden things you need to do to pick them up (i.e. you have to actually zone into Dire Maul east before the guy in Moonglade will talk to you about getting the box and the felvine shard, though you can do that after doing the instance since you can pick the shard up without having the quest) that would nice. There are some older posts on the boards that do have some of this. I know Scarlet Monestary and Uldaman both had some nice outlines written up that need to be fleshed out.

But regardless we need some content on this site. So fire up the screen shots when you are instances please. You can send them to my ggthemad@gmail.com e-mail address since I won't run out of mailbox space there anytime soon. :)

I'll post drafts of each guide as I get them done so we can get them polished up and then I'll talk with Bolty and Mongo about getting them hosted here on the lounge as guides, not just as forum posts. :)

My lounge is not feeling like my lounge of old and I'm going to try and fix that. Besides this will be a great project for when I've got writers block for my other writing. :)

I won't be starting this in full till probably next month. There is a lot going on in my life right now that is taking much of my time away from the internet but I wanted to post anyway to give a heads up for anyone that wants to help.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
I'll take pics with my warlock as she goes through instances. I can zip through instances on my warrior for mapping purposes.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Gnollguy,Oct 18 2005, 03:19 PM Wrote:I'm tired tired tired of the lounge not having any WoW content.  So I'm going to be making some instance guides when I get back.  I know some of this stuff is out there already but the lounge doesn't have any.  So if you want to help this is the basic format.
[right][snapback]92579[/snapback][/right]

Right now I am in the process of working on a Z'G guide. Still have a ways to go on it.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Lissa,Oct 18 2005, 05:17 PM Wrote:Right now I am in the process of working on a Z'G guide.  Still have a ways to go on it.
[right][snapback]92597[/snapback][/right]
Oooh, cool fun-ness! I'll take an instance and do a write up if you like. What one do you want me to do?

Actually, it would be cool to team up people. Almost all of my toons are Alliance, so I can help do Alliance stuff - someone want to tag up with me to review a doc from the Horde side?
I'll try to remember to hit my screenshot button once in a while, and see what I end up with. :)
I'll chip in once in a while.
Lissa,Oct 18 2005, 05:17 PM Wrote:Right now I am in the process of working on a Z'G guide.  Still have a ways to go on it.

Let me know if you need any help with it!

I compiled loot lists for most of the high-end instances, which may or may not be of interest... Just look for the Tufty's Loot Run threads on the Stormrage forum in the Basin boards. I find that people are as interested in what they can get out of instances as in the quests.

edited: they're expired already. D'oh.
Gnollguy,Oct 18 2005, 03:19 PM Wrote:I'm tired tired tired of the lounge not having any WoW content.  So I'm going to be making some instance guides when I get back.  I know some of this stuff is out there already but the lounge doesn't have any.  So if you want to help this is the basic format.
[right][snapback]92579[/snapback][/right]

I have a crap-tacular half-finished Scarlet Monastery guide somwhere in the strategy forum archives - you are free to use any text and/or images in there if you wish (if you can find it).

Random idea: could we get a quest-guide-wiki going? Editable only by LL members to discourage random vandalism. Perhaps that would help keep the guides up to date, as well as help multiple people work on it. If we drew up a good style guide and enforced it, we could get darn good content.
[Image: gurnseyheader6lk.jpg]
Gurnsey,Oct 19 2005, 01:18 PM Wrote:I have a crap-tacular half-finished Scarlet Monastery guide somwhere in the strategy forum archives - you are free to use any text and/or images in there if you wish (if you can find it).

Random idea: could we get a quest-guide-wiki going?  Editable only by LL members to discourage random vandalism.  Perhaps that would help keep the guides up to date, as well as help multiple people work on it.  If we drew up a good style guide and enforced it, we could get darn good content.
[right][snapback]92682[/snapback][/right]
Not to squelch the LL concept, but AB already has a wiki going. The Instance info is pretty much completely empty though. Not sure if this helps out with the whole "LL doesn't have enough content!" concept tho.
savaughn,Oct 19 2005, 02:58 PM Wrote:Not to squelch the LL concept, but AB already has a wiki going.  The Instance info is pretty much completely empty though.  Not sure if this helps out with the whole "LL doesn't have enough content!" concept tho.
[right][snapback]92685[/snapback][/right]

OK, Lounge content may want to start with Instance info in the Wiki.

Do I get a "hell yeah?' or "crickets chirping?"

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
That's a big job for a tiny gnome!

The Atlas mod has fantastic maps of all the instances. Perhaps you could work out a deal with the guy/guys that wrote the mod to use the maps in your guides. :)
The error occurred on line -1.