First Expansion Images?
Finally, elves who aren't steroid-pumping body-builders.

Not that I have anything against steroid-pumping body-builders. Please don't hit me.
The error occurred on line -1.
"Also, at the time when the Orcs went after the Dranei, they were a peaceful people much as the Orcs were prior to the intervention of the Burning Legion."

IIRC, the Dranei were actually peaceful, as opposed to the Orcs, who were simply "not completely insane". They're still Orcs, the beefy, axe-weilding maniacs of the Horde. They're just not driven to bloodlust by the Burning Legion.

Nah, I'm still holding out for the Pandaren. :P

-Jester
This whole discussion of new races leaves me with one burning question. Are they going to give us more toon slots per server???!!! My roster, on Stormrage, is full. No way am I going to put any toons to DEATH! They are my friends and I wub dem. :wub:
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
LochnarITB,Oct 20 2005, 02:43 AM Wrote:This whole discussion of new races leaves me with one burning question.  Are they going to give us more toon slots per server???!!!  My roster, on Stormrage, is full.  No way am I going to put any toons to DEATH!  They are my friends and I wub dem. :wub:
[right][snapback]92728[/snapback][/right]

Hah, I have one slot still open, and one I can easily open up - sorry, my paladin. You just don't cut it ... (Though I would definately use the name again)
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quark,Oct 20 2005, 09:31 AM Wrote:Hah, I have one slot still open, and one I can easily open up - sorry, my paladin.  You just don't cut it ... (Though I would definately use the name again)
[right][snapback]92744[/snapback][/right]

Considering all the alts I have.... I still have 2 slots open on Stormrage! Go me!

Note: My sig is out of date, but I havent had the time to fix it.
LochnarITB,Oct 20 2005, 01:43 AM Wrote:This whole discussion of new races leaves me with one burning question.  Are they going to give us more toon slots per server???!!!  My roster, on Stormrage, is full.  No way am I going to put any toons to DEATH!  They are my friends and I wub dem. :wub:
[right][snapback]92728[/snapback][/right]
I'm full on Stormrage and only have two slots open on Terenas. More slots per server plzkthnx. :D
Intolerant monkey.
Jester,Oct 19 2005, 11:40 PM Wrote:IIRC, the Dranei were actually peaceful, as opposed to the Orcs, who were simply "not completely insane". They're still Orcs, the beefy, axe-weilding maniacs of the Horde. They're just not driven to bloodlust by the Burning Legion.
[right][snapback]92727[/snapback][/right]

If you go back and look at the lore from WC3, the Dranei were similar to early Human farming cultures whie the Orcs were Hunter/Gatherers, both co-existed without much conflict. It was after the intervention of the Legion that the Orcs became truly warlike.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Lissa,Oct 20 2005, 07:17 AM Wrote:If you go back and look at the lore from WC3, the Dranei were similar to early Human farming cultures whie the Orcs were Hunter/Gatherers, both co-existed without much conflict.  It was after the intervention of the Legion that the Orcs became truly warlike.
[right][snapback]92751[/snapback][/right]
Yea, but... who'd want to play a Dranei? I mean, seriously? Those models are clearly not going to encourage anyone to pick one.

Trust me, if ever there was a race that got picked last for dodgeball, its' the Dranei. On the plus side, if they make the Dranei playable people will stop picking on Gnomes so maybe it's good from that perspective....
savaughn,Oct 20 2005, 08:08 AM Wrote:Yea, but... who'd want to play a Dranei?  I mean, seriously?  Those models are clearly not going to encourage anyone to pick one.

Trust me, if ever there was a race that got picked last for dodgeball, its' the Dranei.  On the plus side, if they make the Dranei playable people will stop picking on Gnomes so maybe it's good from that perspective....
[right][snapback]92757[/snapback][/right]

The reason being though, if you look at the Blizzard forums, there is a near constant wish to play a Pandaren. If the Pandaren go to the Alliance, there will be an even greater population imbalance to the Alliance. Likewise, if you look at WC3X, Chen was helping the Horde. Why would the Pandaren go against the Horde in a situation like that? As I see it Pandaren would best be neutral race, not a factioned race. Meanwhile, it makes perfect sense for the Dranei to join the Alliance because of their hatred of the Orcs.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Lissa,Oct 20 2005, 12:00 PM Wrote:The reason being though, if you look at the Blizzard forums, there is a near constant wish to play a Pandaren.  If the Pandaren go to the Alliance, there will be an even greater population imbalance to the Alliance.  Likewise, if you look at WC3X, Chen was helping the Horde.  Why would the Pandaren go against the Horde in a situation like that?  As I see it Pandaren would best be neutral race, not a factioned race.  Meanwhile, it makes perfect sense for the Dranei to join the Alliance because of their hatred of the Orcs.
[right][snapback]92760[/snapback][/right]

It'd have to be a splintered alliance between the Blood Elves, Naga, and Dranei to get two to pick different sides, though. Illidan messing up badly?
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quark,Oct 20 2005, 09:22 AM Wrote:It'd have to be a splintered alliance between the Blood Elves, Naga, and Dranei to get two to pick different sides, though.  Illidan messing up badly?
[right][snapback]92764[/snapback][/right]

Except that the Dranei were allied as a matter of thanks and convience. Blizzard also has not said for sure if Illidan is truly alive or dead from the battle with Arthas. For all we know, Illidan may have survived the initial battle, but his injuries were so grievious that he died later which would have caused the alliance of the Blood Elves, Naga, and Dranei to sunder.

Until we have more info, we can't tell for sure. But, as I said before, if they add Pandaren to the Alliance, they're only going against what has been seen in WC3X along with tipping the populations more towards the Alliance from the Horde, something Blizzard wants to rectify.

edit: removed, saw explanatory previous post *slaps self*
Lissa,Oct 20 2005, 12:35 PM Wrote:Blizzard also has not said for sure if Illidan is truly alive or dead from the battle with Arthas.  For all we know, Illidan may have survived the initial battle, but his injuries were so grievious that he died later which would have caused the alliance of the Blood Elves, Naga, and Dranei to sunder. 
[right][snapback]92766[/snapback][/right]

I'm pretty sure Blizzard has said Illidan's alive in the Outlands.

Edit - http://pacifistguild.org/media/index.cgi?id=586
Yep, Illidan's alive.
Treesh,Oct 20 2005, 10:02 AM Wrote:I'm full on Stormrage and only have two slots open on Terenas.  More slots per server plzkthnx.  :D
[right][snapback]92749[/snapback][/right]

I hope there is 10 classes between the two races so I can have a cool 50 chars. :D
Zippyy,Oct 20 2005, 12:18 AM Wrote:Finally, elves who aren't steroid-pumping body-builders.

Not that I have anything against steroid-pumping body-builders.  Please don't hit me.
[right][snapback]92717[/snapback][/right]

Oh come on Zip. You of all people should love that. ;)

Back on topic - Blood Elves look AWESOME. Even if they're just NPCs, they still look incredible, and the lands they're living in are ASTOUNDING. It never ceases to amaze me the beauty of Azeroth, and WoW. Cartoonish graphics? Have some heart, and truly see the beauty before you go knocking it! :P
Roland *The Gunslinger*
From that dialogue with Malfurion from the green dragon object quest we gain a little insight on Illidan and his dive into madness. He doesn't really sound in control of himself and perhaps not capable of competantly leading forces any more. Seems cause for his little faction to do a 3-way split. The Blood Elves were in it to sate their magic addiction, Naga in their desire to rise again after their fall into disgrace, and Draenei in a sort of "take sides with the lesser of two evils" way. Draenei as Alliance wouldn't surprise me much now considering everything. Adding one "pretty" Horde race and one "ugly" Alliance race kind of makes sense too :).
Quark,Oct 20 2005, 10:38 AM Wrote:I'm pretty sure Blizzard has said Illidan's alive in the Outlands.

Edit - http://pacifistguild.org/media/index.cgi?id=586
Yep, Illidan's alive.
[right][snapback]92774[/snapback][/right]

Given what the text says, this gives even more reason for the 3 races to split.

Ok, I found this funny. Caught it on the forums before it was deleted. The epic mount from the expansion! :P

[Image: EpicMount.jpg]