Stealth Detection
When my Night Elf Druid becomes 60, I plan to prowl a bit through the smaller high-level instances such as Scholomance or Stratholme, and through the capitals of the opposing faction (Undercity, Orgrimmar, Thunder Bluff). How far could I get before the first mobs with stealth detection will notice and slaughter me? Which mobs have it, and is there a list of mobs that have it?
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Off the top of my head...

Gordok Mastiffs in DM North, I think the worgs in LBRS, any patrolling elites in any of the captial cities (invariably dual-wielding.)
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
The worgs in LBRS do not detect stealth.

Ghouls in Stratholme see through stealth. Wandering Eyes (Dire Maul North, Stratholme, the two outdoor glades with elite undeads) all see through stealth.

(Edited: oh yeah, and the Frenzies in the river in Zul'gurub)
The demon hounds in BRD do not see "through" it but they have exceptional detection radii.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Rinnhart,Oct 17 2005, 02:46 PM Wrote:The demon hounds in BRD do not see "through" it but they have exceptional detection radii.
[right][snapback]92401[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, right, tell that to me when they're turned around by a distract, I go up to Sap something, and the immediately turn around and run for me.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quark,Oct 17 2005, 01:25 PM Wrote:Yeah, right, tell that to me when they're turned around by a distract, I go up to Sap something, and the immediately turn around and run for me.
[right][snapback]92430[/snapback][/right]

Or, when vanish fails to dump aggro? Twice?
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Quark,Oct 17 2005, 04:25 PM Wrote:Yeah, right, tell that to me when they're turned around by a distract, I go up to Sap something, and the immediately turn around and run for me.
[right][snapback]92430[/snapback][/right]

Might have been a more recent change. When I was doing jailbreak help runs with Balador recently rogues were able to get up there and sap with dogs in the groups on a regular basis. This was from Galgamesh and a couple other rogues (don't remember I did about 8 jailbreaks recently to help people).

But I do remember being in there with Ramala and watching the dogs pounce well before he was in range to sap.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.