The Cat is Out of the Bag?
savaughn,Oct 17 2005, 08:39 PM Wrote:You just have to read these forums to see that we even have Lurkers living on both sides of that very high imposing wall.

i left because of that wall. once i got to 60, and played through the 15 man instances, i knew that i just didn't have what it takes to group with 39 others (waiting, organization, politics, cog in the raid, etc).

i agree with mongo that leveling is not the best game mechanic. in fact, i'd prefer if they had capped levels at 40 and made 5 and 10 man versions of all the instances (with diluted rewards if necessary). and then come up with an alternate system of advancement (maybe bonus talent points over time), i'm not too keen on the item-as-advancement system myself.
savaughn,Oct 17 2005, 01:39 PM Wrote:Mongo - do me a favor.  Deguild yourself so that you aren't in an elite end game raid guild capable of doing all of the instances... you know, so that you match 90% of the other WoW players... and tell me how fun the post 60 game is.

Hey, it's been a while, but I remember my roots. I remember the endless Scholomance and Stratholme runs to get that one blue I was missing or the stitchings I needed to make that Cap of the Scarlet Savant that I never did up making. No doubt that there needs to be more content for the players who aren't in major raiding guilds, but I do like the idea of Zul'Gurub and the 20-man zone they're going to add in Silithus. Those are zones that allow a semi-serious player who is not in a major raiding guild a chance to experience exciting fights and "phat loots." I would also like more open areas to open up and some exciting and harder 5-man instances as well. However, even without it, I still like this "leveling" system better than the old Diablo II cow or Baal run system of leveling.