AV Queue changes a success
Well, the AV queue changes have worked on my server. Where as before, AV was only up sporadically, even during its "holiday", it has been up almost continuously since the patch.

On the horde side, knowing that we woln't get rolled 30v40 over and over again is a big boost. That's created a little momentum, and now that people know they are likely to get a game they are more likely to try the queue.

Heck there were even enough people to start a game at 3am server time. It started off as people just doing faction turnins from the previous victory, but it seemed like we might have a chance to steal one from alliance doing the same thing. When that turned out not to be the case I left, but its still a good sign that the interest is there at any hour.

Does anyone know what the reward is for turning in Marks of Honor from all 3 BG's as opposed to one at a time is?
oldmandennis,Oct 14 2005, 10:32 AM Wrote:Well, the AV queue changes have worked on my server.  Where as before, AV was only up sporadically, even during its "holiday", it has been up almost continuously since the patch.

On the horde side, knowing that we woln't get rolled 30v40 over and over again is a big boost.  That's created a little momentum, and now that people know they are likely to get a game they are more likely to try the queue.

Heck there were even enough people to start a game at 3am server time.  It started off as people just doing faction turnins from the previous victory, but it seemed like we might have a chance to steal one from alliance doing the same thing.  When that turned out not to be the case I left, but its still a good sign that the interest is there at any hour.

Does anyone know what the reward is for turning in Marks of Honor from all 3 BG's as opposed to one at a time is?
[right][snapback]92105[/snapback][/right]

We've seen a couple up on Stormrage since the patch and SR was in the same straights up until this patch (AV very sporadic).
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Last night i went from Zero AV faction to almost friendly. Would've gotten Friendly if i didn't fall asleep in my chair and AFK out :-\
Currently enjoying liberating the land of Sanctuary

[Image: arethor.jpg]
Stormrage - US (Inactive)
Arethor,Oct 14 2005, 02:59 PM Wrote:Last night i went from Zero AV faction to almost friendly.  Would've gotten Friendly if i didn't fall asleep in my chair and AFK out :-\
[right][snapback]92121[/snapback][/right]

Wow... there's a shock... Arethor fell asleep in his chair while playing. Haven't we heard this before.

Note: Oooh, never been to AV. Must find time to play....
I think the changes are helping a bit to get a few more AVs running on our server, but it's still a pretty poor situation. I've spent roughly 12 hours (maybe more) in the AV queue over the last 3 nights and still haven't gotten in. Part of it is my timing (I was queued all night Tuesday when no instances came up; got screwed by lack of information and bad luck on Wed. and just queued too late on Thurs.) but it still remains an elusive thing on Stormrage that you won't get in unless you know the right people or get lucky...

Having to stay out of all of the other queues in hopes of AV going up is rather annoying and trying to get into AV after it starts is pretty close to impossible (even if you stay up until 3 in the morning).
Stormrage:
Flyndar (60) - Dwarf Priest - Tailoring (300), Enchanting (300)
Minimagi (60) - Gnome Mage - Herbalism (300), Engineering (301)
Galreth (60) - Human Warrior - Blacksmithing (300), Alchemy (300); Critical Mass by name, Lurker in spirit
ArynWindborn (19) - Human Paladin - Mining/Engineering (121)
mjdoom,Oct 14 2005, 12:20 PM Wrote:and trying to get into AV after it starts is pretty close to impossible (even if you stay up until 3 in the morning).
[right][snapback]92126[/snapback][/right]

Not if you're horde on a Normal server =)
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
oldmandennis,Oct 14 2005, 10:32 AM Wrote:Does anyone know what the reward is for turning in Marks of Honor from all 3 BG's as opposed to one at a time is?

My understanding of the patch notes is that you get double the faction reward you would get from turning them in seperately. I haven't had a chance to try it out, yet, though.
No, no. What's going on is that at least for AV, and probably for the other BGs, the guy who takes Marks of Honor is now taking the following:

3 marks of honor for any one battleground
3 marks of honor for each of the three battlegrounds

I'm guessing this is going to be a new way to gain reputation with a battleground of your choice, even if they aren't normally open on your server due to balance numbers. So even if Horde on your server wants to do nothing but run Warsong Gulch, you can still rank AV faction (albeit painfully) by winning WSG games.

The question is whether it's a big enough jump in honor to save the tokens for all three BGs than to just turn them in individually.
The Marks of Honor are designated by the BG they originated from (e.g. Warsong Gulch Mark of Honor, Alterac Valley Mark of Honor, Arathi Basin Mark of Honor), and the repeatable quests request specific types. You aren't awarded generic, all-purpose marks of honor.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
oldmandennis,Oct 14 2005, 01:32 PM Wrote:Does anyone know what the reward is for turning in Marks of Honor from all 3 BG's as opposed to one at a time is?

I caught the last half of a winning AV game last night, and this weekend is an AB holiday, so I'll be 2/3rds of the way there by tonight. If I can somehow get in a WSG game, i'll let you know what happens.
BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!
Dozer,Oct 15 2005, 01:04 PM Wrote:I caught the last half of a winning AV game last night, and this weekend is an AB holiday, so I'll be 2/3rds of the way there by tonight. If I can somehow get in a WSG game, i'll let you know what happens.
[right][snapback]92241[/snapback][/right]

Doesn't it take 3 from each?
3 AV ribbons could take a while
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Concillian,Oct 15 2005, 07:13 PM Wrote:Doesn't it take 3 from each?
3 AV ribbons could take a while
[right][snapback]92245[/snapback][/right]

You get 3 from winning, one from losing. :P
Dozer,Oct 16 2005, 10:56 AM Wrote:You get 3 from winning, one from losing. :P
[right][snapback]92313[/snapback][/right]

3 AV ribbons could take a while.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
oldmandennis,Oct 14 2005, 09:32 AM Wrote:Well, the AV queue changes have worked on my server.  Where as before, AV was only up sporadically, even during its "holiday", it has been up almost continuously since the patch.

On the horde side, knowing that we woln't get rolled 30v40 over and over again is a big boost.  That's created a little momentum, and now that people know they are likely to get a game they are more likely to try the queue.

Heck there were even enough people to start a game at 3am server time.  It started off as people just doing faction turnins from the previous victory, but it seemed like we might have a chance to steal one from alliance doing the same thing.  When that turned out not to be the case I left, but its still a good sign that the interest is there at any hour.

I'd say this is totally true. I mean, it makes me want to play more battlegrounds at the very least. Not getting 20-10 run over in WSG is very nice.

Over the weekend on Twisting Nether, there was always a WSG game up; hell, on Saturday night there was almost a dozen! Knowing that the teams will always be even, at least in terms of numbers was one of the best changes they could have made.
Turambar - Fury Warrior - Twisting Nether
NenyaAdamant - Shadow Priest - Proudmoore
Lum - Shadow Priest - Stormrage

TheLuminaire.net
TheLuminaire,Oct 17 2005, 07:32 AM Wrote:I'd say this is totally true.  I mean, it makes me want to play more battlegrounds at the very least.  Not getting 20-10 run over in WSG is very nice.
[right][snapback]92379[/snapback][/right]

They changed the queue for the other BG's too? Sweet!

Now, if only they could get cross-server BG's, teams, standings, and tourneys...screw the end game, I'd be all over that.

Imagine the fun of trying to put together the ultimate 10-19-bracket WSG team! Oh wait...*off to create a thread on that*
[Image: gurnseyheader6lk.jpg]
Rinnhart,Oct 16 2005, 03:56 PM Wrote:3 AV ribbons could take a while.
[right][snapback]92323[/snapback][/right]

Sounds like an alliace problem to me :P

anyway, update: I doubt I'll be playing WSG at all until the next WSG Holiday; it's a bonafide dead BG.
Dozer,Oct 17 2005, 03:14 PM Wrote:Sounds like an alliace problem to me  :P 
anyway, update: I doubt I'll be playing WSG at all until the next WSG Holiday; it's a bonafide dead BG.
[right][snapback]92446[/snapback][/right]

More like a design problem.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Dozer,Oct 17 2005, 04:14 PM Wrote:Sounds like an alliace problem to me  :P

If alliance can't play, neither can the Horde. The problem is currently that there isn't enough of a player population on the servers to support a constant flow of battlegrounds. They need to implement cross-server battlegrounds. Only then will the difference in ratios of populations of the two sides become the dominant problem.
Gurnsey,Oct 17 2005, 01:13 PM Wrote:They changed the queue for the other BG's too?  Sweet!

Now, if only they could get cross-server BG's, teams, standings, and tourneys...screw the end game, I'd be all over that.

Imagine the fun of trying to put together the ultimate 10-19-bracket WSG team!  Oh wait...*off to create a thread on that*
[right][snapback]92427[/snapback][/right]

Yes, the change was a global thing for all BG's. If it's 10v10 in WSG, or 15v15 in Arathi, the Alliance will not get a single extra person if there isn't the same amount queued on the Horde side. If they get 11, we get 11, and so on.

It made the biggest difference in AV though, since that was seldom played, and often overrun because of side imbalance.

Honestly, I don't even think the need for Cross-Server BG's is nearly as bad now, since people are more interested in playing.
Turambar - Fury Warrior - Twisting Nether
NenyaAdamant - Shadow Priest - Proudmoore
Lum - Shadow Priest - Stormrage

TheLuminaire.net
TheLuminaire,Oct 18 2005, 07:49 AM Wrote:Honestly, I don't even think the need for Cross-Server BG's is nearly as bad now, since people are more interested in playing.
[right][snapback]92512[/snapback][/right]

Cross server might be what brings back WSG, which is still dead on my server.