The History and Justice
Drem,Oct 14 2005, 05:32 AM Wrote:It said: 'The History of every major Galactic Civilization tends to pass through three distinct and recognizable phases, those of Survival, Inquiry and Sophistication, otherwise known as the How, Why and Where phases.
"For instance, the first phase is characterized by the question How can we eat? the second by the question Why do we eat? and the third by the question Where shall we have lunch?"

Quoted by Mularky
[right][snapback]92063[/snapback][/right]

Seas, is that you?
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Drem,Oct 14 2005, 03:32 AM Wrote:It said: 'The History of every major Galactic Civilization tends to pass through three distinct and recognizable phases, those of Survival, Inquiry and Sophistication, otherwise known as the How, Why and Where phases.
"For instance, the first phase is characterized by the question How can we eat? the second by the question Why do we eat? and the third by the question Where shall we have lunch?"

Quoted by Mularky
[right][snapback]92063[/snapback][/right]

So when do we eat? ;)
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Occhidiangela,Oct 13 2005, 10:10 PM Wrote:Does anyone besides me get the feeling that there is a physician specializing in altitis in the house?

Again, the clue is in the fewments, mayhap even the occult stool samples.  ;)

Occhi
[right][snapback]92040[/snapback][/right]
Don't be afraid of Drem, Occhi. She won't hurt anybody for now. Even though she's The Zerg Queen. Just feeling a lil' bit horny upstairs :) That's it, i hope she didn't give you a headache or anything, i really hope. Hope is everything nowadays, even for me. :unsure:

Dreamer D
kandrathe,Oct 14 2005, 11:04 AM Wrote:Seas, is that you?
[right][snapback]92092[/snapback][/right]
Look in my Eye, earthling, do i look like somebody called "Seas?" Okay i used to, my eyes were naturally blue, with a tint of green, the color of pure Ocean water. But now that inhumanly human humanity dumped tons of nuclear and other wastes, my eyesight is getting blurry.
:angry:

Drem

P.S. Ah, forgot one thing! Were you always a member number 69? My favorite number. This makes me jealous et corné. Not that it's a bad thing you know. This post is all fable anyways
Drem,Oct 14 2005, 04:32 AM Wrote:It said: 'The History of every major Galactic Civilization tends to pass through three distinct and recognizable phases, those of Survival, Inquiry and Sophistication, [right][snapback]92063[/snapback][/right]

You forgot phases 4 and 5: Decline and Fall.

Please don't confuse Decline and fall with Spring and Fall, the universally recognized Fashion Seasons across all galactic boundaries known to man. ;)

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Oct 14 2005, 08:42 PM Wrote:You forgot phases 4 and 5: Decline and Fall. 

Please don't confuse Decline and fall with Spring and Fall, the universally recognized Fashion Seasons across all galactic boundaries known to man.    ;)

Occhi
[right][snapback]92190[/snapback][/right]
I fail to see your logic here, have you just compared Decline with Spring? But if we stay on the topic of fashion, Drem wedding dress goes well with her black roses bouqet and Krol blade.
Archon_Wing,Oct 14 2005, 05:58 PM Wrote:So when do we eat?  ;)
[right][snapback]92175[/snapback][/right]
At this very moment you watch me eat some people brains out, since I am the consumer here, and you wait your turn. To eat or to be eaten :P
Drem,Oct 14 2005, 08:18 PM Wrote:I fail to see your logic here,[right][snapback]92191[/snapback][/right]

That is because it was pun, not logic, that was operating.

While you are at it, put away the wedding dress, your self delusion that anyone would want to marry you approaches, but cannot achieve, pathos.

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Oct 14 2005, 09:29 PM Wrote:That is because it was pun, not logic, that was operating. 

While you are at it, put away the wedding dress, your self delusion that anyone would want to marry you approaches, but cannot achieve, pathos. 

Occhi
[right][snapback]92193[/snapback][/right]
I won't fool anybody if i tell you, Occhi, that i made the choice, and I AM the one to make the choice. Just because i decided so, oh, a few years ago. What kind of years and choice i won't tell you either, since you wouldn't need to care anyway. Relax, come, get the woodoo...
Drem,Oct 14 2005, 06:32 PM Wrote:Look in my Eye, earthling, do i look like somebody called "Seas?" Okay i used to, my eyes were naturally blue, with a tint of green, the color of pure Ocean water. But now that inhumanly human humanity dumped tons of nuclear and other wastes, my eyesight is getting blurry.
:angry:

Drem

P.S. Ah, forgot one thing! Were you always a member number 69? My favorite number.  This makes me jealous et corné. Not that it's a bad thing you know. This post is all fable anyways
[right][snapback]92180[/snapback][/right]
Actually, now that I think about it... No. Seas would have insisted on reverting to e.e.cummings style by now and claimed that it was artistic prose. You fail the "i" for an "I" test but, your posts have sentence structure, and punctuation.

For someone wh was Lurking forever, you certainly had some pent up effusiveness.

To answer your original question; We can't. The dead are buried. We need to focus on the injustices we are doing today, and prevent the ones we might do tomorrow.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

Archon_Wing,Oct 14 2005, 05:58 PM Wrote:So when do we eat?  ;)
[right][snapback]92175[/snapback][/right]
... and then galactic civilization phase four, anarchy, or "Who gets stiffed on the bill?"

Soon followed by galactic civilization phase five, destruction, or the bus boy cleans up the table.

Quote:1) “How?” Examine objectively by the definition stated in the original question. Objectively, meaning we cannot be subjective. One cannot be perfectly non-subjective, because everything is relative; the point of view of a person must be relative to a certain thing, that’s how thing got to be compared.

Drem: Yay, I just read Foucault for the first time - I should probably spam the lurkerlounge forums with useless crap!

Quote:Give me the point of rest, and I’ll move the globe from its place!

Close with a stock metaphysical conundrum, and count me profound!

Quote:reviewing history is repeating the history in itself, isn't it?

No. You must have missed the message.

Sorry if this is the alt of someone that I would ordinarily be nice too, but I find this kind of stuff mildly annoying.
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II
kandrathe,Oct 15 2005, 12:15 AM Wrote:... and then galactic civilization phase four, anarchy, or "Who gets stiffed on the bill?" 

Soon followed by galactic civilization phase five, destruction, or the bus boy cleans up the table.
[right][snapback]92199[/snapback][/right]
I do really think there're only 3 major parts of life (and what is life anyways? se la ger?). I was asked that question again and again before. I had been chosen the same way every single time. By myself to answer the very question you people ask. What I want? what do you want? what do we want? What did we want? What would i want? What had been wanted by me? You? Us? Is that enough BS in here for me to make the point that i didn't ask the question, yet I was asked a question by IT? What did IT say? There're 3 phases in every galactic civilization life: greed, corruption and destruction. Drem agrees and eats LL forum ppl brain mush for breakfast :w00t:

Dreamless Drem

p.s. Did i fail grammar class before? No i am making my point by flipping i with I, if you haven't noticed yet, or hadn't , or haven't been noticing :) Do i need to choose a particular tense, so you understand better? Why? Because you are my contemporary? Maybe. Maybe not, sowwy :-P /hug /hug /hug I came from carebear server, i Wanna hug you now, again. And again LOL

p.p.s i want you to listen this song people, i like it a lot as a CONSUMER, not a producer, kk, thx, bye: Se la ger If you have problems downloading it, use flashget.
Chaerophon,Oct 15 2005, 12:59 AM Wrote:Drem: Yay, I just read Foucault for the first time - I should probably spam the lurkerlounge forums with useless crap!
Close with a stock metaphysical conundrum, and count me profound!
No.  You must have missed the message.

Sorry if this is the alt of someone that I would ordinarily be nice too, but I find this kind of stuff mildly annoying.
[right][snapback]92202[/snapback][/right]
I am sorry i offended you Chae, may i call you this plz? I like short names for people :) Sudo is one of em. I love sudo, what you want from me, Mr.Longname? I love occhi, sorry, Occhi. It's a good name. Occhidiangela is a bit more complicated, but i love angela in that :) Angela is a good lovely Russian name. Drem is russian too. Her primary language is russian, not french, though Occhi, might suspect i know french too. A lil' bit. If i try to use altavista babelfish :) haha gotcha.

Did I make you angry anyway? Annoyed really? I think you should love reading my stuff. Though i am not reincarnated Foucault, since i am just not, sorry. You called me him. Hmm. Does it mean i should read him now? Maybe... I'll google it up. Buy a book or something.. cool thx 4 info. /Hug again

p.s. Oh yeah, this is not my alt. This is me, Drem, you simply forgot her, because she payed a visit before. You were a bit rude to her , not you personally, Chae, i forgot who, though, i am just as forgetless as i was ever before, :lol:
kandrathe,Oct 14 2005, 11:56 PM Wrote:For someone wh was Lurking forever, you certainly had some pent up effusiveness.

To answer your original question;  We can't.  The dead are buried.  We need to focus on the injustices we are doing today, and prevent the ones we might do tomorrow.
[right][snapback]92197[/snapback][/right]
Thx, I just finished Dale Carnegie class, and I feel like it opened up one of my talents :) I loved the class btw. Recommend it to anyone who has any uncertainty in ones conscience.

And yeah, let's not beat the dead horse, as you, people, say here, it's buried. But it's so much fun to kick it. It stinks, you know :wacko:
Drem,Oct 15 2005, 01:20 AM Wrote:I do really think there're only 3 major parts of life (and what is life anyways? se la ger?). ...
[right][snapback]92203[/snapback][/right]
Maybe, it's a continuum. Maybe, we discriminate and label things like "parts of life" in order to make generalizations and tolerate the inherent inaccuracy of those "truisms".

Yay for nonsense!!

Concept flawed - check

Methodology flawed - check

Definitions flawed - check

Ghostiger,Oct 15 2005, 07:33 AM Wrote:Yay for nonsense!!

Concept flawed - check

Methodology flawed - check

Definitions flawed - check
[right][snapback]92216[/snapback][/right]
What is flawed? Is that like a flawed ruby? Diamond? Skull? Get a few more and transmute em in the horadric cube, and you are set :)
kandrathe,Oct 14 2005, 11:15 PM Wrote:... and then galactic civilization phase four, anarchy, or "Who gets stiffed on the bill?" 

[right][snapback]92199[/snapback][/right]

Is Sid Meiers developing that game? :D

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
Chaerophon,Oct 14 2005, 11:59 PM Wrote:Sorry if this is the alt of someone that I would ordinarily be nice too, but I find this kind of stuff mildly annoying.
[right][snapback]92202[/snapback][/right]

If the alt is a reg, no need to apologize, amounts to a self inflicted wound. Some of us :blush: aren't helping much by feeding the bridge dweller.

Occhi
In Memory of Pete