ZG for the rest of us...
So, as a man of my word, I am posting to find out Avarice thoughts on ZG runs for the rest of us. Tuft's runs are fun, but are usually too late at night, or on the weekend. So I've stepped up at looking into an alternative time for those who can't make either.

The day I'm looking at would be Wednesday. Probably a 7-7:30pm start. Perhaps earlier if folk wanted. I could see the earliest around a 6pm server start, but much earlier and we run into folk getting home from work and the like.

I have thought about Wed as it would leave Friday available for a followup on the same raidlock, if we so chose to go that route.

So...discuss. :lol:
~Not all who wander are lost...~
I could handle that, though at some point I've gotta say "no" and play Chani more :)
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Mirajj,Oct 12 2005, 05:02 PM Wrote:So, as a man of my word, I am posting to find out SR Lurkers thoughts on ZG runs for the rest of us. Tuft's runs are fun, but are usually too late at night, or on the weekend. So I've stepped up at looking into an alternative time for those who can't make either.

The day I'm looking at would be Wednesday. Probably a 7-7:30pm start. Perhaps earlier if folk wanted. I could see the earliest around a 6pm server start, but much earlier and we run into folk getting home from work and the like.

I have thought about Wed as it would leave Friday available for a followup on the same raidlock, if we so chose to go that route.

So...discuss.  :lol:
[right][snapback]91834[/snapback][/right]

While interested, convincing the wife that ZG runs on a night other than Mon or Thurs is a good thing might be hard to do.
Mirajj,Oct 12 2005, 05:02 PM Wrote:The day I'm looking at would be Wednesday. Probably a 7-7:30pm start. Perhaps earlier if folk wanted. I could see the earliest around a 6pm server start, but much earlier and we run into folk getting home from work and the like.
[right][snapback]91834[/snapback][/right]

I like those times too, the 7-7:30pm start that is. If limited to about 3 hours, it should also allow an early enough stop for some us (->me<-).

I would also urge that should this go through, the characters brought in for this are not ones that are participating in Tuftears runs. This is to avoid tripping over each others raid timers and progress.
I would love to try for this time. Martini and I have been running weekly Wednesday raids at 8:00. We usually get around 10 people at this time. But if we can get the 20 people we need for ZG I'd love to come :) .
[Image: 21740hrsxL.png]
Ruvanal,Oct 12 2005, 04:42 PM Wrote:I would also urge that should this go through, the characters brought in for this are not ones that are participating in Tuftears runs.&nbsp; This is to avoid tripping over each others raid timers and progress.
[right][snapback]91844[/snapback][/right]

Yep, that was the main reason for the day. His Tues run has expired by Sat, so no overrun there. It's mainly for people who I know want to go, but can't due to the late start, or being busy on weekends. If I was RL'ing, I would probably restrict it to toons that aren't raidlocked with Tuft, as well. Lots of people who want to get in and see it.
You could also continue runs from the Tuesday late-night runs and see the other bosses, if at least one person is in who was in the previous run, and handles inviting people.
Mirajj,Oct 12 2005, 03:15 PM Wrote:Yep, that was the main reason for the day. His Tues run has expired by Sat, so no overrun there. It's mainly for people who I know want to go, but can't due to the late start, or being busy on weekends. If I was RL'ing, I would probably restrict it to toons that aren't raidlocked with Tuft, as well. Lots of people who want to get in and see it.
[right][snapback]91849[/snapback][/right]

There's another aspect that needs to be tested tonight. Last night those on the run were checking their raid lock and it raid 22 hours (yes, 22 hours, not 60 hours like prior to patch). We're not sure if this is a bug or if Blizzard actually lowered the lockout to 22 hours. If it did, Z'G is pretty much gonna be a farm instance. Once we have the way to kill the various bosses locked down (so far we have the first 4 easy on killing, wipes aren't common there), we should be able to get all kinds of loot (If Blizzard did lower the Z'G lockout for sure, it may have been to get people to revered more quickly so people can make the revered recipes and get the revered rewards).
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Legedi,Oct 12 2005, 06:05 PM Wrote:I would love to try for this time. Martini and I have been running weekly Wednesday raids at 8:00. We usually get around 10 people at this time. But if we can get the 20 people we need for ZG I'd love to come&nbsp; :) .
[right][snapback]91847[/snapback][/right]
Ditto for me. I would be a little sad to abandon our runs, since they've been going very well, and there doesn't seem to be another "regular" time that people run the early endgame instances to help people get geared up for an appropriate level to come to MC and ZG, but if Wednesday is a good time for ZG, then we could try to do the other instances another time.
Lochnar could be convinced to run ZG at that date and time (Wed 7:30), especially if it is a mainly new to the instance crew. I have not been in there yet, and I would really prefer to do it in exploration mode rather than being dragged around by the nose and being pointed at what to kill and how to do so.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Kateley would be available for a Friday evening follow-up... Follow-up meaning it should not lock me out of Saturday, which at the moment, is my ONLY ZG session.

Kateley - Gnome Mage --- 60
Collector and connoisseur of fine keys, bags, trinkets and all things mooncloth
Covet! ... Covet! ... Covet! ... Covet!
I have lots of characters so I'm sure I could bring one or another (probably Silverflail or Dragoon to leave Skybreak for the other runs) on these. :)
-TheDragoon
Tuftears,Oct 12 2005, 05:28 PM Wrote:You could also continue runs from the Tuesday late-night runs and see the other bosses, if at least one person is in who was in the previous run, and handles inviting people.
[right][snapback]91853[/snapback][/right]

That's the thing, Tuft. I was thinking about continuing Tuesdays raid, but all the people I've spoken to either haven't been there yet, or have been once...twice...that sort of thing. So I'd like to start with a fresh instance, instead of having them in for their first time, and going to have a chat with Jin'Do. ;)

After several of these runs, and when more people are up to speed, I could see a raid instance easily shared around in Avarice, as usually one or more people are around who have been doing a lot of raiding, but these first few runs would be training runs of a sort, to get people in, looking around, and used to the place before going after the big guns.

As well, if we do a wed/fri sort of thing, we can still have some experienced raiders along, as they'll be in the clear for the usual Sat run.

Lots to work out and see. It may be a one-off, it may be every other week (because remember, no matter what, due to my work schedule, I will miss any given scheduled day every other week) or who knows. That's why I made the post...to check and gauge interest and take ideas to see if I want to/should organize this behemoth into action.
If the intent is to have ZG raids for those who can't make Tuft's late runs, there's no reason you couldn't have the early runs on Tuesday as well, just earlier. There shouldn't be a conflict; the people going on the early run wouldn't be going on the late run in any case.
Wiz,Oct 12 2005, 10:44 PM Wrote:If the intent is to have ZG raids for those who can't make Tuft's late runs, there's no reason you couldn't have the early runs on Tuesday as well, just earlier. There shouldn't be a conflict; the people going on the early run wouldn't be going on the late run in any case.
[right][snapback]91899[/snapback][/right]
Doesn't help those who can't make Tuesdays or Saturdays at all though.
Intolerant monkey.
One problem I've notice on the Wednesday slot is it seems like no mages are ever on. If we have enough tanks I could bring mine. But your really need 4 (3 would be ok, but pushing it IMO). Trying to do it with less really makes the trash, and some bosses, much harder.

ZG isn't like UBRS were you can throw a group together and get it done. You need somewhat of a balance. So it is just something to look for when gaging interest.
[Image: 21740hrsxL.png]
Given they're restoring ZG to a 2.5 days cycle, as long as you kill a ZG boss by 12 midnight Tuesday, if you do start a fresh instance on Wednesday, people should be unlocked by Saturday noon server time.

If you intend to start a fresh instance on Wednesday, you'll probably not be able to take anyone who was locked into the Tuesday run.
See, tons to work over. *L* I know that people want to go ZG, but the balance requirements and timing are tricky indeed. Keep them rolling in, folks. The instance is a blast, a ton of fun, and some great challenges for a 20 person group.

Tuftears Wrote:If you intend to start a fresh instance on Wednesday, you'll probably not be able to take anyone who was locked into the Tuesday run.

This is why I think I'd make it "Non-Tuft toons only" so that they don't interfere with your runs. There are several multiple 60 folk who have expressed interest as well.
I'd suggest that you start a signup thread and ask people to sign up with a proviso as follows: whether they'd attend only if it were fresh, only if it were a continuation, or whether they'd attend either. Set a specific time and date that works well for you. Then you can get things moving more easily that way, because you'll know whether you have enough people to do it one way or another.
Most of the Australians couldn't make the Wednesday 7pm timeslot (as that is 9:00am Thursday for us).

However Friday 7pm would be supersweet. (as that is saturday 9am for us). Yuen - rogue, Popsie - mage, Strats - warrior, and Gooze - priest could and would all love to come to those :).

Tuftear's 12 midday saturday runs have been really tempting me - but starting at 2am on sunday mornings just seemed a bit too much in the end. (especially with the avarice runs meaning we then have to get up at 9am, meaning we essentially dont get any sleep :()