The Lurker Lounge Trivia Thread!
Ok. The rules. I will ask a starter question. Whomever can answer that question will be able to ask the next question, and if somebody can answer that, then they get to ask a question. Got it?

Do not answer a question and then ask a question unless you are positive of your answer. Try to be self policing or this could get complicated.

First Question!

Who is forum member #1?
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."

Who is forum member #1?

That would be Bolty, of course!

Next question: Who commanded the USS Enterprise just prior to James T. (know what the T stands for?) Kirk taking over?

Attika

Attika,Oct 11 2005, 09:01 PM Wrote:Who is forum member #1?

Next question:  Who commanded the USS Enterprise just prior to James T. (know what the T stands for?) Kirk taking over?

Attika
[right][snapback]91753[/snapback][/right]

How does that pertain to the lurker lounge? Lounge trivia lounge trivia... **slaps forhead.**

All alone, or in twos,
Some hand in hand
Make their stand.

"Isn't this where...."
Doc,Oct 11 2005, 08:55 PM Wrote:First Question!

Who is forum member #1?

Let's try this again.

Forum Member #1 is Bolty.

Question #2:

How many times has the mainpage design been revamped, since it was Bolty's Strategy (central, was it?)
You see that title could have 2 meanings dont you?
Ghostiger,Oct 12 2005, 03:24 PM Wrote:You see that title could have 2 meanings dont you?
[right][snapback]91840[/snapback][/right]

This is not Jeopardy, hence you are not to answer in the form of a question. ;)

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Munkay,Oct 11 2005, 08:33 PM Wrote:Let's try this again.

Question #2:

How many times has the mainpage design been revamped, since it was Bolty's Strategy (central, was it?)
[right][snapback]91757[/snapback][/right]

Between 1 and 100. :)

Beat that rightness!
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Munkay,Oct 11 2005, 10:33 PM Wrote:Question #2:

I'd just be guessing at how many times the site has been redesigned, but it was originally called Bolty's Diablo Strategy Central (BDSC).

Here's one:
Before moving to IPB and Bolty's own hosting, how were the LL forums hosted?
Network 54

Who had the most posts on the Network 54 forum when it was closed.
Minionman,Oct 12 2005, 08:00 PM Wrote:Between 1 and 100.  :) 

Beat that rightness!

Between 1 and 99

:P
Munkay,Oct 11 2005, 06:33 PM Wrote:Let's try this again.

Question #2:

My best guess is five times, but I have a feeling that I'm a bit below the mark - I came onto the scene a bit after Bolty's Strategy Central.
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II
Munkay,Oct 11 2005, 10:33 PM Wrote:Let's try this again.

Question #2:

7?
BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!
Attika,Oct 12 2005, 02:01 AM Wrote:Who is forum member #1?

Next question:  Who commanded the USS Enterprise just prior to James T. (know what the T stands for?) Kirk taking over?

Attika
[right][snapback]91753[/snapback][/right]

Just to smooth things a bit...

was it Captain Pike?

I think about Captain Pike often -- there is a road sign a few miles from my house that says "Col Pike" -- and I always think, "he must have been promoted, no wait there's no colonel in navy ranks, he must have joined the Starfleet Marines..."

And how is this related to the Lounge? Well, Capt. Pike is chairbound, as are most of us when we're in the Lounge. Too weak? Well how about this... the character of the kindergarten teacher in South Park was clearly based upon Capt. Pike: the inability to move after a tragic accident, stuck in a chair with a built in beep thing that beeps once for "yes" and twice for "no" (pretty low-tech for a civilization that can use transporter beams and warp drives -- how cheap is a voice synthesizer?). This ties into the lounge because her job is similar to Griselda's. Still too weak? Okay, those guys that took Capt. Pike to where he could hallucinate 24/7 that he was still young and active, remember them? They had these huge huge heads that evidently housed large brains -- WELL! One of the slogan thingies that you can get when you navigate to LL is something like "Grow your brain by a maximum of 5 inches!" Coincidence or what?

Hold it! I bet Bolty IS one of those Hallucinator guys!!!

-V
Busboy
The Forsaken Inn
Griselda is going to complain that I am creating useless threads again.

Not my fault... <_<

Look what I have to work with. :P
All alone, or in twos,
Some hand in hand
Make their stand.

"Isn't this where...."
Munkay,Oct 12 2005, 03:33 AM Wrote:Question #2:

I think it's either 4 or 5, depending on how you look at it. Now I have to go by sketchy memory here, so I may be off. Feel free to correct me :)

Originally, the page had some plain yellow layout.
The first redesign turned the page into a blue-and-white layout.
The second one gave the page a purple layout.
The third one had a lot of brown in it, and I think this was the one with the two-column layout where both Bolty and Griselda entered news items.
The fourth one coincided with the introduction of the Mambo portal system, and gave the site a frontpage which linked to the various sections, although I believe the layout in terms of graphics and style was essentially the same as it is today.
The fifth one would have been the removal of the frontpage, and a streamlining of the site, although I believe the layout didn't really change much, so it wouldn't have been a total redesign in the sense as some of the earlier ones.

And thinking about it while writing it, makes me think I've mucked up the timeline here and there :P
-Leshy, Pizza Lover Extraordinaire
http://www.leshy.net
Dozer,Oct 12 2005, 08:43 PM Wrote:7?
[right][snapback]91892[/snapback][/right]

This answer was findable on the Main Page, for those interested. The answer is 9.

Quote:29 December 2004
The Lurker Lounge is once again overhauled for its ninth redesign.&nbsp; Bolty swears that he'll never do it again.&nbsp; We've heard that before.&nbsp; The site now runs on the Mambo content management system.&nbsp; The World of Warcraft section is born and a third game joins the ranks of the chosen for Lurkers everywhere to study in detail

Sorry, Leshy, no points toward a free pizza for that answer. :lol:

As to the following, Doc:

Quote:Griselda is going to complain that I am creating useless threads again.

Not my fault...&nbsp; Look what I have to work with

Your brain? :blink:

Now, since I have correctly answered the Lounge Trivia Question, I will ask a trivia poser:

What is the meaning behind the handle MMAgCh, one of our early Admins/Mods.
Hint: The letters mean something significant to the Lounge and its purpose.

Occhi

Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Doc,Oct 12 2005, 10:59 PM Wrote:Griselda is going to complain that I am creating useless threads again.

Not my fault... <_<

Look what I have to work with.&nbsp; :P

Don't troll the mods, Doc.

-Lem
Occhidiangela,Oct 13 2005, 06:09 AM Wrote:What is the meaning behind the handle MMAgCh, one of our early Admins/Mods.
Hint: The letters mean something significant to the Lounge and its purpose.

Occhi
[right][snapback]91924[/snapback][/right]

Hmm, forgot what the first 2 letters were, but presumably it had something to do with his name. The last 4 letters stand for AgainstCheaters.

God knows why I remember this stuff.

Ok now: Which famous (or infamous) Diablo 1 player (and DSF regular) beat Diablo in D2 (in the very early days) on Normal without distributing any attribute or skill points with a pure Pally, declared that the game was too easy and never played D2 again (at least as far as we know)?

-A
Ashock,Oct 13 2005, 04:23 PM Wrote:Ok now: Which famous (or infamous) Diablo 1 player (and DSF regular) beat Diablo in D2&nbsp; (in the very early days) on Normal without distributing any attribute or skill points with a pure Pally, declared that the game was too easy and never played D2 again (at least as far as we know)?
[right][snapback]91951[/snapback][/right]

Lok?

I think Crystalion also liked to not allocate points, but I think he played D2.

I won't add a new question, because the MMAgCh question is still in play, I think, since the M's weren't explained.

-V
Cook
The Forsaken Inn
Ashock,Oct 13 2005, 11:23 AM Wrote:Hmm, forgot what the first 2 letters were, but presumably it had something to do with his name. The last 4 letters stand for AgainstCheaters.
God knows why I remember this stuff.

Ok now: Which famous (or infamous) Diablo 1 player (and DSF regular) beat Diablo in D2&nbsp; (in the very early days) on Normal without distributing any attribute or skill points with a pure Pally, declared that the game was too easy and never played D2 again (at least as far as we know)?
-A
[right][snapback]91951[/snapback][/right]

For the first part, if memory serves, it's Mad Mac AGainst CHeaters.

You know, I played with that players a dozen times, and his name is on the tip of my tongue, but I can't bring it out. =/
~Not all who wander are lost...~